1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Vs. Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hardenisaboss, Jul 25, 2013.

1. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Who do you think is better IMO? because if you think about it if Harden and Westbrook switched years when they were drafted, then Westbrook would've been the sixth man and we could've ended with him. Here are the stats from last year.

Westbrook
    34.9 0.438 0.323 .533 0.800 5.2 7.4 1.8 0.3 3.3 18.7 23.2
    Harden
    38.3 0.438 0.368 .600 0.851 4.9 5.8 1.8 0.5 3.8 17.1 25.9

I think Harden is better because Harden scores 26 points from 17 shots while Westbrook scores 23.2 from almost 19 shots. Harden scores 2.7 more points with 1.6 less shots. Westbrook does have 1.6 more assists but he also has Durant on his team while Harden has Asik who mostly fumbles the passes. The rebounds, blocks and steals are similar. But Westbrook does have better on-ball defense than Harden, but off ball they are the same, both lose their man in rotations. Harden also has a better IQ than the two, is 1 year younger and doesn't rely on athletcism which means he will have a longer career. :cool:

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Do you know what IMO means?

I think the Thunder proved that they think that Westbrook is more valuable...it is definitely debateable, and I think the numbers are so similar that you have to look beyond those.

Westbrook is more athletic, and although neither are great defenders I would say that Westbrook is a better overall defender than Harden (which doesn't say much....)

However, I personally would take Harden over Westbrook. He is younger, more efficient, he seems to be less selfish with the ball and to play more within the flow of the offense. It could be possible that I am just being biased, but they are both great players and I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

First of all, you need to Google "IMO" because you totally britta'd it. Second of all, who the **** cares? Harden is our star. Westbrook is not and will never be.

3 people like this.
  4. WNBA

WNBA Member

Westbrook is better than Harden.

5. PatBeverleyFan

Westbrook easily lol

6. skyline07

skyline07 Member

Why do these 2 month virgin posters always make these stupid posts? are they looking for rep or something? Wasnt there a rule set in place where new users cant make topics?

7. Ultimate6thMan

Harden is better than Westbrook imho. And who knows how Westbrook will play after his injury? Westbrook is a head case also.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Westbrook is more explosive and has a greater impact on the games right now especially the way OKC plays.

He is just a nightmare for teams as he is coming down the lane. The only player harder to contain in this situation is Lebron.

He can be a bonehead at times and his shot selection is spotty but he is big time player, is relentless and does not back down from anyone, which more than makes up for his deficiencies.

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

Until the last month of the season I would have said Harden, but he went in to a pretty bad slump to finish the season and playoffs.

Its really close. Probably Westbrook last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if Harden passes him now that he has more help.

10. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

The answer is harden and if you want to know why....look at your own username.

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Harden is better and is also easier to build around.

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I have to disagree, I would say without a doubt that Harden drives the lane a lot better than Westbrook.

13. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Two different styles.

But if you take away the whistle (like refs do in playoffs), Westbrook over Harden, easy.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not everyone can be streets ahead.

15. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Beverley is not impressed by Westbrook.

16. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Are there any numbers to actually support refs swallow their whistles in the playoffs? Just looking at the star's numbers from last year they all went to the line more often in the playoffs than they did in the Regular season, plus Wade has won a championship going to the line 16 times a game in the Finals.

17. SevenMinuteAbs

It's funny, I think westbrooks better but a lot of thunder fans complained about him before last season, complaining that they need a true pg and they need to trade him. I'm happy we got harden though!

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately for those people, they are streets behind. :grin:

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

No, Harden shoots better at the rim and from 3 to 9 feet, plus he gets the whistle a lot during the season.

http://hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx

20. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

I prefer Harden even though I think Westbrook is the better player, he's too much of a headcase