1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Durant is the most overrated player in the league.

2. Harden's beard

Harden is a much better ball-handler (which is a crucial skill for a guard), and better at attacking the rim and finishing. Both aren't very good at mid range jumpers, Klay is a better 3-point shooter obviosuly, but overall scoring wise Harden has an edge because of the reasons I mentioned.

3. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Harden
    and dont act like children

4. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

You put Harden in Warriors , he'll out run his slow leg.
    Put Klay in our team he'll be the perfect guy for Morey ball.

5. Harden's beard

Moreyball means taking advantage of the most efficient shots in basketball, namely lay ups/free throws/and 3 pointers. Harden has all three, Klay only got one. In case you didn't know, Morey was in love with Harden's ability to get to the line, that's why he acquired him in the first place.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'll take someone who can defend, wants to defend, has a shot you can always rely on because the form is fool proof and has the right attitude over a fat complacent flailing overconfident lazy player.

7. Harden's beard

Definitely. That's why Dwight needs to go.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Harden is clearly the better player, he just need to move his ass more on defense and there's not even an argument about this. Klay is a great player though, Curry and the Warriors are lucky to have him, he would be great here too.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Bump. Who is the better playoff performer? :grin:

Klay "raining 3's" Thompson or James "turnovers" Harden?

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Harden is the better playoff performer.

11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Actually.. I don't even know why I respond to guys like FTW. I just barely figured out how to use the ignore feature the other day. I should put it to use.

12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yeah I totally agree. You can't look at facts to come to a conclusion it is illogical when the person you're going against is from YOUR OWN TEAM. So what if the cold hard facts say that Klay is better than Harden? It's absolutely insane for a fan to bring them up! I'm adding FTW to the ignore list now he's clearly not a real fan.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Last year harden

This year Klay

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

You poll all 30 GMs, and every single one of them would take Harden.

Golden State is a historic team....near perfect in construction and implementation. The pieces fit very well together. But arguing that Klay is better than Harden is like saying Derek Fisher was a better PG than Steve Nash. Sure Klay is better than Fisher was, but he has never had to carry the weight that Nash did and Harden does.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Klay....

T_Man

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There's absolutely no way that you could convince me Klay Thompson is a better basketball player than James Harden.

Reeko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Because he's not

Reeko likes this.
  18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The cold hard facts don't say that Klay is a better overall player though. Harden isn't the one coming out and scoring 9 points in a playoff game. Both Klay and Harden have two similar shooting nights. About 2/1 for 8 from beyond the arc and 30% shooting from the field. Yeah, Klay can still get by off of exaggerated reputation on the defensive end of the game, but James has a bad shooting night and well... he's still gonna going to be effective offensively by getting to the line 10 times and finding his teammates 10 times for a bucket. But, then someone well say "he's still the worse defender on the court though"

Yeah, because a god awful defender gets 7 steals in that particular game.

Harden is a better playoff performer and a better player than Klay. Klay Thompson is a baller, and I'm not taking anything away from him. Klay should be one of the most feared players in the league. If it wasn't for him the Warriors would be watching OKC in the finals. And if it wasn't for Harden we would be debating about whether we should choose between Simmons or Ingram with the 1st pick. But seeing the Rockets luck we'd probably debate about whether we should pick either Murray or Brown with the 3rd pick.

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Why?:confused:

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you want a guy who you can rely on creating your offense, you take Harden hands down.

If you already have a guy who you can rely on creating your offense, you take Thompson.

I do think that they are about equal in terms of overall impact. Klay is miles better than Harden on the defensive end. You can actually put him on the best scoring guard of the opposing team. Harden you can only pray that he can stay focused on defense for more than 5 minutes a game.