1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There is no hindsight. James Harden has always shown to be more talented, versatile, and consistent than Klay Thompson. The only reason this was sparked up was because people were trying to knock down Harden so they pulled out the "two way player" thing, which nobody uses for any other position.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

klay thompson - im the best sg in the league
    warriors fans - daam right he is. **** harden
    rest of world - LMAO!
    harden - ima drop 30 on him everytime we meet

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Klay can't even dribble SMH

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've been behind him for a while now. It's never been hindsight. I remember the guy that said OJ Mayo was better than Harden, we had the Jimmy Butler people, the Paul George people, my guess is we'll get Derozan people this year.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Harden's beard

I still vividly remember prime "No D" Nowitzki completely dominating "the best 2-way player" Kevin Garnett in the playoffs. And that was a battle between two players of similar caliber, whereas Harden vs Klay is not.

People need to realize this 2-way thing is way overblown. You let a great offensive player and a great defensive player go at each other, and 9 out of 10 times the great offensive player will come out on top. That's the nature of this sport, in fact most of the sports in existence.

Not to mention that defense is much more of a 'team' thing. As an individual player, you have way more impact on the game on the offensive side of the ball rather than on defense. Great D requires constant communication, rotation and organization between players. It's never about just one guy doing his thing.

HardenTime likes this.
  6. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

had a conversation with a GS fan today about Klay vs Harden, he thinks Klay is the second coming of Jordan, woah, mind blown

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

klay cant even hold harden's jockstrap. how the hell is he gonna be the 2nd coming of jordan? shouldnt even put those two i the same sentence. what an ******* that guy was. ima put klay and slava medvedanko in the same sentence from now on! stephanie curry and anthony bennett! kevin durant and justin bieber!

rm365 and DirtyDizzil like this.
  8. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Very close minded person , he was, it was hard to having a conversation with him about basketball.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Klay is the ultimate 3 and D guy. Nothing more.
    Stick him on his own team and I bet he does worse than Barnes.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hindsight was more on Klay's side....

I guess they are not comparable but being on the Warriors assures the Warriors being in the Finals nearly every year.

No title is guaranteed for Harden here, I hate to say it but that is tough life in the West.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

SG's this season

#1 James Harden
    #2 DeMar De Rozan
    #3 Dwayen Wade
    #4 Jimmy Butler (even though he plays SF)
    #5 CJ Mc Collum
    #6 Eric Gordon
    #7 Devin Booker
    #8 Will Barton
    #9 Vic Oladipo
    # 15 Sean Kilpatrick
    .# 29 Klay "2nd best player in the world" Thompson

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Whoopti do. He shoots better then harden. Harden is a better scorer, rebounder, passer, playmaker. Overall player.This shouldn't be an issue after the ass whooping Harden deliverd to Klay and the Warriors on their floor infront of the world to see.

PLUS HARDEN IS A POINT GUARD THESE DAYS.

Cashmoney likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not saying anything but scoring 60 in less than 30 minutes with just 33 shot attempts is a remarkable feat...... if you cannot admit it, fine.

That is like a statement: I can score with Durant and Curry on my team.

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dude is pretty sure that if Harden had Durant, Curry, Draymond on his team he would probably shoot better than he does. Still, I give Thompson the nod as the better shooter of the two players, BUT Harden is a much better facilities guy and scores at the rim better, and better at drawing fouls.

Either way, I'm happy for the GS win because this puts Paul George one step closer to being on the trading block. He's also the guy I think Morey should go strong on at the deadline because I think he and Harden would make the perfect pair. Almost like Jordan and Pippen, level of goodness. Just have to hope that the Dmo deal didn't screw that up for us.

Nivos likes this.
  16. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Klay is a supreme sniper. Probaly best off the ball sniper in the game but there is no comparison between him and harden as players. Harden is a multi faceted skilled monster.Klay has one skill and he is good at it. Harden has many skills and he is elite at all of them.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude, (nice name btw), Thompson as you call him would be the perfect sniper next to Harden, to Curry, to George, to any good PGs and SG stars on a solid team.

He is versatile in that way, he is a good dude, do not see him whining too much about his role.

I think he is too much integrated on the Warriors, to think about another WC playoff contender at this moment.

Warriors would be stupid to giftwrap him to any of the Top 5 in the West.

Paul George is too overrated sometimes, I doubt he sees himself as a secondary player though.

That much I can agree.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  18. Tha_Dude

I wasn't talking about trading for Thompson, man. It's a given that he won't be traded. MAYBE, you've smoked more than I have tonight.

If the Pacers continue to sink then Paul George will be available. Again, though, dude is not a capology guy nor is he any other "ology" guy. But, Paul George and Harden would fit well together and I don;t know why you think George could not see himself as a secondary player. He's a TEAM player and has always been vouched for as not having a big head, just wants to win, never gives up. His Pacers team sucks right now though man, I blame Larry Bird and NOT Paul George.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I just saw that and reacted to your opinion about PG, I am just not a fan of his. He had his moments, and cannot imagine him doing much Defensive damage in a MDA system.
    Thompson is better at this moment than PG.

Again I thank you for your contribution to the Rockets mini win streak, keep that alive. I don't smoke btw, you should not either.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/rockets-are-undefeated-since-tha-dude-arrived.278988/

Tha_Dude likes this.
  20. Tha_Dude

That's cool man, that's totally cool. I don't want to derail this thread, man. Also I will not argue over Thompson, dude can ball and we KNOW that.

Also, please man do not thank dude for the Rockets win streak. That is ALL on the Rockets and dude has nothing to do with that stuff or be blamed for any or well you know, man.