1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure why that's inaccurate. And you're proving what I said earlier. Just because he gets his points in a different way compared to Harden isn't a fault when he's more than capable of doing so.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Anyone saying klay Thompson is not the 2nd best sg in the NBA is a fool, and as one guy put it even a top 10 guard??? lol that's laughable.

It's not a slight at harden to acknowledge any of that, imo it make harden that much better.

Hardens been performing at a historic offensive output for years now, whether ppl want to acknowledge it or not it's not changing the fact that he's putting up numbers that only guys like Lebron, Jordan, bird have done at similar and in some seasons better efficiency. He's a very special player on that side of the ball and it shouldn't be downplayed.

I don't have a problem giving klay and even Green their due. They are very good players and great in the this era and especially in their roles on the Warriors. I would love to have them playing here next two harden as they would fit right in. There's also not a doubt in my mind that harden would have the same succes as curry has had playing with them. Do they win 73 games? Prob not. Do they win back I back in the sixties? Absolutely. Does harden have a MVP and more importantly a championship? You bet.

3. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

dude harden was robbed of mvp, with joey dorsey, josh smith, pablo prigs, and jason terry in his main rotation lol. You give him half the talent curry is playing with and he is a lock to win 60 games

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

LOL. We need another preseason game already.

You guys are so bored you're arguing over Klay vs James?
    Almost as pointless as MY dad can beat up YOUR dad. Or Picard or Kirk?
    This thread just seems to be a place to direct all that angst from last year. At each other!
    Hopefully we'll be able to get that disaster behind us and all be on the same bandwagon.

GO ROCKETS!

Htownballer38 likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Klay is above average at offense and defense, while does that make him elite he isn't as good as James because he can't create his own offense he's basically if you combine Courtney Lee and Korver together. The times Klay has had a good defender lock in on him he has shown to play bad, and while he's an ok defender he's not lockdown on D like Kawhi. His combination of D and O does him one of the rarest players in the league, but at the same time if he was the only dude on your team he won't be able to do anything for himself. On a team like GSW though he's gold, it's like Rondo when he was in the Celtics playing with KG, Pierce and Ray Allen.

If I also had 4 other all stars on the team I'd prefer Klay over Harden because he fits way better as a complimentary player, but if I don't have stacked as hell team I'd rather take James because he's the better player.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everything on the Rox board is pointless, everyone is here just to waste time. Even if the Rox all agree on something it's not like anything will come out of it lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

That's why espn, cbs and pretty much media every social media has harden ranked as the best SG in the nba? I swear some of you YOF/LOF hold a grudge like no other

#767 ricardo1979, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pointless until better topics surface.

9. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

i'd never prefer klay over harden, because if i had 4 other all-stars harden has shown me he can be a productive 6th man, and post a PER above 20 while not being featured. Klay would ruin this team

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if gsw had harden instead of klay last year they sure would have one another chip

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I agree Klay the 2nd best SG but to say him and Green don't get recognized for their work is a lie. These two made all NBA over Harden.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Klay is a top current NBA shooting guard - truth.
    Klay is a top historical NBA shooting guard - hype (could change, but anointing him right now is hype..)

Klay is a great two way player - truth.
    Klay is such a lockdown defender that his value isn't even comparable to other current SGs - hype.

Klay is a big contributor to one of the best teams we've seen in NBA history - truth.
    Klay is the only player that could play SG on these Warriors teams and win the championship - hype.

I can respect Klay for what he is, but to sit here and covet him and worship and fantasize about him on a Rockets messageboard is purely the result of media coverage.

I'm checking out of this thread. Everyone take an armful of hype and let's take it somewhere else to use on the Rockets. :cool:

bulkatron and J Sizzle like this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We're did I say they don't get recognized? They get more recognition and mentions that any player in the league outside of Lebron curry KD and Westbrook.

Klay and green are not lacking hype. That's the problem I have with them. It's not that their not deserving but the media has the casual fan thinking that these two guys are HOF locks and doing historic thing which is just disrespectful to the real franchise players in the league. Should they get love and media attention? Absolutely. Should they be mention with the likes of Lebron harden curry KD? Hell no.

Off topic but the media sure seems to have a hard on for Westbrook. It's going to be very interesting to see what the perception is of him after this year. Personally I don't think they win more than 41 games and imo that is being generous. They have no shooting what so ever. I think the NBA more than ever before is changing to we're if your best player is a poor shooter and Russ is one of the worst then I don't Think you can win with said player.

If I was OKC I would trade him right now. They signed him to the extension so they should be able to get major value for him. I would call the celtics up and take there Brooklyn pick the rookie brown, crowder and smart.

I think the Celtics would do it and I think it's the right move for OKC.

No way Russ can be the best player on a championship team. If he couldn't win a ring with KD he's not winning a ring with anyone else they might bring in there to play with him. TBH I don't think good players want to play with Russ he's a bad shooter TO prone and frankly is pretty selfish.

I wouldn't want Russ anywhere near my team if I was trying to build a contender. I wouldn't even want him as my 3rd best Player because he doesn't no how to play any other way. He plays a loser Brand of ball in today's NBA. Guys like him are going to become extinct soon.

True Rocket likes this.
  14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The media is going to be the media so why get all worked up when they show love to a select group of players. They've been doing this way before these players ever stepped on a freaking court.

Klay and Green are pretty damn good without the media hype.

15. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Devin Booker>Klay Thompson

16. mockster

mockster Member

Klay is a great shooter but I find it funny the harden haters even compare him to harden. Klay wouldn't be half as good if he didn't have the team he has.

Great teammates and threats lead to more opportunities on the floor

When it's a one man show like harden last year it's not as easy and harden still outperformed klay in stats

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Here we go with these assumption ^^^^^

Andre why do so many people use the word hate so much. Good lawdyyy all because someone compares these two SHOOTING GUARDS, doesn't mean they are hating.

18. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

which proves nba voting compared to the nfl and mlb is a damn joke

19. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

did you watch klay in the olympics, klay and dray had the lowest PER'S on the time and were part of the reason team usa posted their lowest point differental since 2004

20. mockster

mockster Member

No in general their is a mass hate for James harden. With fans, other fans and the media