1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. basketballholic

A championship mettle team has:

1. at least two plus shooters at the 1 through 3 spots.

2. at least two good defenders at the 1 through 3 spots.

3. at least one excellent and one very good creator at the 1 through 3 spots.

Figure out what we don't have here.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We also don't have a competent coach, or consistent rebounding from our front court. It's a rough mix.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

get me help at guard or get me help at learning to guard?

Purvis2Short and J.R. like this.
  4. basketballholic

We've known about the rebounding issue from the moment Smoove signed with the Clippers. It was NEVER addressed.

5. basketballholic

We've known about the rebounding issue from the moment Smoove signed with the Clippers. It was NEVER addressed.

#continuity
    #pursuiting

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Got Lawson and Thornton, and Harden clashed with both.....so maybe it should be...Hey Morey get me help at guard, but not someone that takes any of my shine or the ball away.

DD

Purvis2Short likes this.
  7. basketballholic

It should be:

"Hey James, we're going to get a premium point guard that will defend his butt off and create super easy looks for you and our big men. This will help you average 33-35 ppg at even greater efficiency, will cut down on your turnovers and the offensive burden you carry, and will also allow you to run circles around our opponents backup unit from the top when we take our premier playmaker off the floor. You're gonna love these changes James. And we're gonna win big time with you scoring the ball more and turning it over less." - D. Morey

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Harden has talent. No question about that. But, if he doesn't come out next season ready to defend his dignity as team leader then he is not the guy you build around. He should be embarrassed by how this season and HIS team smelled like a roach infested turd.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

"I want to win but only on my terms. I don't care about turnovers, I want to control the ball on every possession so that I can either score or get an assist. Whoever you bring in better play D to cover for me and spot up to up my assists and handle bail out passes" - J. Harden

10. basketballholic

"Ok. We're trading you to Philly for their pick and the Lakers pick." - D. Morey

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

"I don't care, I was anyway planning to bail out and go back home in 2018." - J. Harden

" Hey Daryl, it was nice working with you for 10 unsuccessful years. You tried your best but that wasn't good enough. You're FIRED." - L. Alexander

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden to Morey: "Get me someone who can get me the ball when I ask for it, regardless of whether I'm guarded or not, can seal my man off or not, he's at the right angle to pass it or not, and he has to be ready to catch the ball low at the ankles and be ready to shoot even if I pass it to him with 2-3 seconds on the clock. Got that?"

Morey: So, you want a miracle then? Sorry I do numbers, I don't do wishes. Maybe rub Dwight's lamp and see what happens...

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Help him Maury!!!!

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he has the brick bros, dekker, kj and mr. 51. what else does he want? tell him to suck it up and avg 50 a game

15. MistaK

MistaK Member

EXACTLYY!!!

Also don't forget that Lawson clashed with Paul George too - he didn't want him to shine either. I guess star players just had it out for Lawson last season.

And as for Thornton - unfortunately he didn't see a lot of time with Harden on the floor. JB clearly tried to get them on the floor together, but Thornton didn't like playing with the ball hog that is Harden. Straight from Thornton's mouth:

"I was talking about that this morning," Thornton said. "I love playing with James. Teams are more fo-cused on him. That gives me wide-open shots. In return, I can play-make for him and get him wide-open shots, too. Because teams are so locked in on him, any easy buckets he can get is great for him. I think we work well as a unit. Anytime I'm out there with him is fun."

16. varughese.arun

I'm glad is upfront. Most NBA players harbor same feelings and give cryptic answers to the media, and political hate harden for saying that he needs better talent around him... he's not lying, Corey brewer and Ariza SUCKED IN THE PLAYOFFS.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden has changed, moving him to PG was brilliant.

DD

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Absolutely.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member