1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I am glad Harden said that. The pg rotation of the rockets is a joke. And im sure when he said adda piece he didnt mean a rookie.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

He could be referring to a solid backup 2-guard.:grin:

3. basketballholic

Dear James,

Mr. Morey is trying to get you a 7-foot guard to play alongside you. Peace bro.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Cleveland: Lebron, Kyrie
    Golden State: Curry, Klay
    Atlanta: Teague, Carrol, Korver
    Wizards: Wall, Beal (note, probably? beat Atlanta if Wall doesn't get hurt?)

Meanwhile, the Pelicans have AD, who puts up as dominant and MVP worthy a season as anyone in a while, and barely sneak into the playoffs. The Thunder lose Westbrook at times, Durant at times, and have no real SG. Fall apart. Lillard loses Matthews... fall apart. Mavs guards suck. Suns mess with their guard situation and take a step back. The Clippers have CP3, yet still falter whenever JJ is off.

This is a guard league folks. You can't touch them. You can't breathe on them

As for targets:
    - Lawson: I get maybe not liking him because he's small and lacking defensively. This is a really good offensive player. And NOT a ballhog. His usage this year was 20.6%. To put that in perspective, Harden's usage his last year in OKC, coming off the bench, was higher at 21.6%. 15 pts, almost 10 assists, solid shooting percentages, 1+ steal a game. And he's not a huge turnover machine. He is the perfect target, imo.

- Lowry. For obvious reasons.

- George Hill = pass. When the team around him sucks and he has to be more of a creator his numbers went up. When the team around him is better, he becomes a slightly better version of Patrick Beverly. So I wouldn't be disappointed with him, especially over Beverely... but hope they can do better.

I wouldn't mind trying to trade some combination of Dwight, TJones and the #18 pick for Lawson, Faried and whatever else was necessary to make the deal work.

I like the idea of the Faried/DMo tandem.

DM could still find a way to make some room, I think, to then try and find a center to pair with Capela.

It'd probably be crazy, but I'd do that.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

wait.. did someone say rondo would be a good fit with Howard?

Dwight Howard? And Rondo? A GOOD FIT?

6. DreamEarlNolan

Dear God no. Please no. No!!!!!

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

And now I see the guy above suggesting we trade Howard/Jones and the 18th pick for faired and lawson!!!!!

Yooo and its not even summer yet :(

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Howard, Rondo and Smith...

First one to make 4 free throws in a row gets a million dollars.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Honestly... you could prob snag Rondo on a 1yr deal.... that new CBA is insane. 2016 will be chaos. KD will get like 160+ million.

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Stop. That's horrible.

11. basketballholic

Rondo for 1-yr at the MLE? He'd be totally nasty here defensively with Dwight behind him. And when Harden sits he can run the show.

I don't think its out of the realm of possibility. Especially if we traded/drafted/signed a couple draino shooters.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Morey would never be able to sign a free agent again (hyperbole but you get the point) if we traded Dwight after two years. He'd be a laughing stock and would lose all credibility with agents and players and the media.

Even if it makes sense, it's not happening.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I mean think about it... with Harden on the bench (exception game 6 against clippers) the team dies... People criticize his iso but he runs the whole offense and still manages to get everyone involved. For example it'd be like LeBron leaving Cleveland (before Miami) if harden left or were injured, I mean this rockets team would be an instant dumpster fire if Harden left. That's why I really think he got shafted on MVP (obviously most see that). With a real play making point guard, harden wouldn't have to be the pg and the sg (we saw what happens against GSW and Washington when going against a solid duo)...

Also on that final play game 2... He might have felt confident passing the ball again (if needed) and not seeing butterfingers or instant turnover.

Shoot if our team could hit more wide open shots Harden probably could lead the league in assists... So we need a play a making PG that can run the offense so we don't run harden into the ground. Another key area is getting non-streaky shooters if we want to play the 3 ball (similar to Dwight's run in Orlando).

Also... I really think D-Mo and if Smith stays to gel more (will solidify the PF area) and a PG will change this whole team. Harden can still be the leader and handle the ball but he doesn't have to do it for 40 mpg (night in/out).

Tl;Dr get this man a PG!!!

14. malakas

malakas Member

Forget that...DENVER wouldnt touch Dwight. A rebuilding team in a small market ? Dwight has a po next year ppl seem to forget that.

15. kanggang

kanggang Member

I didn't take the time to look into this but I would assume asking for help at guard doesn't always mean he wants a change in the starting PG spot? (Bev)

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Rondo wants to get paid.

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Yep. We could offer him a very solid deal to team up with his pals Superman and Smoove. I really think it could work.

Rondo defensively is amazing as you well know. Playing behind Dwight with that PnR would be lethal. If he can work on his FT's it would be better, but I definitely see scenarios with him in Houston.

Maybe even after this we could arrange a way to snag Danny Green from SAS.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i would of liked this to stay indoors but glad its getting addressed at least

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

And if he's smart. He takes the 1yr deal and performs his ass off like we have all seen him do.

Then cash out a mega deal in 2016 (though I would have my reservations on this front as he's a bit of a headcase).

20. The Stig

The Stig Member

Why does everyone think that George Hill is available?