1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

That is iceland ireland or even usa. Not greece. The crisis here came from the government that was corrupt for decades not the people. Unless u think i am a politician u shouldnt accuse me because the citizens are the victims not the culprits here.

2. basketballholic

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. chandlerbang21

Hell no lol

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

A lot of you have forgotten about Darren Collison, exceptional shooter and good playmaker, pesky defender also. Dirt cheap contract, could be had easily had imo. If bev walks, sign collison or George hill and acquire d.j. Augustin as the backup pg. If brewer also walks acquire Kent Bazemore.

Collison: 16 ppg, 5apg, 47%fg/37%3p
    Hill: 16ppg, 5apg, 47%fg/35%3p
    Augustin: around 38% career 3p shooter, capable of running the offense in spurts, instant offense type player.
    Bazemore: 37%3p this season, long and athletic, good ball handler and exceptional finisher at the rim.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's raining in your part of greece right now? :confused:

monroe averaged 19/10 against us as a PF this season, and yes i would take him over dmo

i used to have a vacation home on paros, so i'm well-versed with the situation there. in fact i recognized your username from the term 'malakia'

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Given the situation, don't be surprised if Morey ends up with...

Jeremy Lin

7. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. Lol . Want to go to paros one day. Looks amazing.
    Monroe played out of position. Snd he gave as many as he scored. Not as bad as Kanter but pretty bad. Whereas with Dmo u can play him both pf and c and he helps with playmake.
    Their team was a huge failure this year and the biggest reason except our friend smith was the inabillity of monroe to coexist with Drummond and his awful defence. Hes a worse passer and wotse at the post.
    noone saying dmo is perfect or the definition of a max player.in other times he would be lucky to get 10 per. but in these days he is.
    im tired debating this. Keep an eye this summer to see howbig contracts will be thrown left and right.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya, i have to disagree on monroe being a worse passer than dmo. and in the post he doesn't have as extensive an arsenal, but is able to maintain post position much better. this is not to say that dmo won't improve in his 4th year, but today i would take monroe…..kalinihta

1 person likes this.
  9. Play07

Play07 Member

if lin is ok with min, morey/les will sign him as a backup...

but at vet min I see GS and a lot of other teams taking a chance

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden could use some help. Fatigue must be a factor doing all he does. However, the plays should still be ran through him more than 50% of the time he's on the court. He's elite one-on-one and only scores at high rate, he assists and draws foul. The second guard would really there to lessen Beard's load, but it should still be his load. Harden and the new guard's minutes should be somewhat staggered with either of them always on the court. But when both players are in the game, Harden should facilitate more than half the time.

Post game helps everything. Efficient way to score and lightens Harden's load. Was hoping Dwight would duplicate his '14 playoff production offensively, but he didn't. His post game was on point vs POR, yet this year. He played well overall though, rebounding and defense. DMO's healthy return would be very beneficial for the offense.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I would not, but let's hope not. In truth, Lin is not that bad (just don't let him finish the game, lol). LOFs though are the worst posters any board could have. Some are delusional beyond the help of even the most anti psychotic meds known to mankind.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He said he needs help, not dead weight.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm thinking Collison is the kind of guy we could use as the backup. We probably want someone better than that as the starter. Not sure who that is, or how we get them, but if we can get more than a solid contributor at the PG spot, we are huge next season.

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If Morey feels like selling low, I guess. Both guys will get back less value right now than at any previous time in their careers as Houston Rockets. I wouldn't move Jones unless/until he's healthy and gets back to showing the kind of player he can be when healthy. We saw it at the beginning of the year and we saw it again when he got back into the starting lineup after the freak nerve thing. After the freak rib/lung injury he was not the same player. And he was open about the fact that, having been out so long, he wasn't going to wait to be 100% before coming back. I think he rushed it and was allowed to do so because D-Mo went down leaving little choice. But the Jones we saw in the playoffs is not the real, healthy Jones. He has been making constant progress and has just had some damn bad luck over the last season. Why trade him now when his value is at an all-time low? Not saying it won't happen. Anything could happen. I don't see the logic in it.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wouldn't Mind Lin as a backup for cheap he can attack the basket way better than anyone we have right now

the problem he had when he was here was how much he was paid considering how inconsistent he was

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Let us all pray to Steve Kerr's god that Toronto wants to trade Lowry to us

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

To be honest for a minimal contract I would love yo have Lin back. He isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He can deff play in this league

18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

PG is a MUCH bigger priority than PF. If Donatas improves upon his playing this season, he's perfect where he is at the starting 4.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think Lowry is going to be a Rocket. Jones+rights to Llull+#18+Pap+Prig seems fairly decent as far as a trade offer.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I agree if we can possibly add one of Lowry, Lawson, DJ, Knight or Hill at PG and bring back Bev we would be set ( obviously Lowry, Lawson and Hill would have to be on the block and there's no indication that's the case) as well as 1 guy who can hit a damn 3 consistently we would be golden