1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden signs extension with Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clutch citizen, Jul 9, 2016.

?

Are you happy with Harden's contract extension?

1. Yes - Harden is the franchise player.

410 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. No - This messes up our cap situation.

38 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. raining threes

Harden would have to become better than HOF'ers Murphy, Malone, Hayes to become the 2nd greatest Rocket ever. I hope you're right, but he's got alot of work to do over many years to get in that company.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Based on comments by Harden, I think it is pretty clear his agent let Morey know they'd like to renegotiate, but would wait to allow Morey to go after Max players if he could do it. Pretty sure a Horford signing would have prevented a renegotiation to Max.

3. meanplays

meanplays Member

agreed...but he's one of only maybe 5-6 players in the league with the talent to be a true #1

#464 meanplays, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dirk and Duncan also won their championships.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He has a lot note work todo but he's on a pace to surpass those guys quite easily. Besides Murphy none of those others you named will have player as many games and seasons as harden will have for the rockets.

And to be honest harden is better than Calvin Murphy who I have great respect for but imo ifrom you really think Calvin is better it's just because of the respect your elders mindset which is fine.

Moses Malone short rockets stretch was just as dominant as Hakeems so I can't argue with that but he also didn't play that many years for the team.

Harden has a chance to be number 1 or 2 in every major stat catagory in rockeys history behind dream. He's not doubt going to be The all time leader in assist and 3pt fGs made and he'll be number 2 in points after this contract is up and he'll only be 30 yrs old.

Imo weve onky had 3 mvp caliber players Hakeem, Moses because they won mvp in rockets jersey and now harden who's cake as close to an mvp as anyone besides those two in our teams history. Personally I think he'll win an mvp in the next 3 yrs. championship is going to be extreamly rough because of the Warriors but then again nobody thought in 92 that the rockets were about to win b2b titles so you never know what can happen.

I'm just happy we get to see harden play atleast 7 seasons in rocket red. That's great news for an rockets fan and whether you like his game or him as a person you have to atleast respect his commitment to the city and the team.

During his press confrence he did seem more mature and understanding of what he needs to do to not only hinslef play at his best but also his team. I think we see a much different leader next year as well as better player overall.

The rockets are going to surprise a lot of ppl next yeAr when there in the hunt for a top 2-4 seed and 55 wins.

1 person likes this.
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What does that have to do with them taking less $$? Also, Dirk wasn't a champ at Harden's age.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Great news for a fanbase that doesn't really deserve it.

8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think he was agreeing with you. Meaning they took paycuts later in their career and because they already had gotten a ring(s).

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes, it makes him a better asset.

We keep him through his 20s and he won't ask for a one year deal.

Then when he's 30 he'll demand a super max but we can let him walk

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, any fanbase would be this bad coming off arguably the most disappointing season in franchise history.

11. Mr. Clutch

If this was pee wee league I would applaud the Rockets for at least showing up to the games.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

**** yeah!!! God I love Harden!!! This is the biggest news we've gotten since Drexler was traded to Houston. Harden's gonna make this his home!!

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was agreeing with you, Icehouse.

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Harden's contract has to mess with Stephen Curry's head alittle bit!

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BABwT2GRXO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe we are spending 80 million on Ryan that's for sure. And Curry probably doesn't care that much - I mean so what if Durant makes 3x as much as him.

But hey, Harden would have take Durant over the extension I am sure.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden has a 15% trade kicker in his $118 mil renegotiated contract w/ Houston Rockets starting at $26.5 mil, w/PO <a href="https://twitter.com/BBallInsiders">@BBallInsiders</a></p>&mdash; Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/752343481691938816">July 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When he's 30, will you be in your 70's, no?

Hopefully by then he'll finally get off your lawn.

19. Mr. Clutch

Nah, but I'll settle for him not being fat and actually trying

20. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

If he plays consistently good D sign him to a 400 yr contract.

So splish !?!