1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Rockets debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, Nov 1, 2020.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Didn't see this posted on here but someone posted this on twitter

And it's SO BEAUTIFUL to watch. Harden looked in excellent shape, scoring in multiple different ways, playing off the ball, MID-RANGE (I could cry just watching it) His game was such a delight to watch. (I get what analytics says about his change of playing style to more ISO, I just dgaf...he was so much more delightful to watch the first few years of his Rockets career).

Deckard, Easy, val_modus and 9 others like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you hit by nostalgia.... harden is and was always fun to watch as well as not so fun to watch ie when he loses ... its not fun to lose games but losing is part of the game

ICEibuPROfen and D-rock like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

beard during the chandsome/jerry era was lit. more reason to bring back jerry lin, he brings out the goat in beard

hakeem94, Easy and Space Ghost like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I respectfully disagree with you. Lin did play well with Harden, but very seldomly. He couldn't' forget the Linsanity fame which didn't even last long with the Knicks. Opposing teams were able to slow him down. He should have accepted being a complementary player, instead of wanting to be a star. Harden was superior to him in every aspect.

There was no shame in that. He put the I before the T. He is totally finished as a NBA player now.

Ramo$e and Jontro like this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Mike Dantoni system spoiled Harden in the Regular Season, hopefully Stephen Silas brings out more out of Harden and Westbrook, in more Midrange and Post Up Offense with some Pick and Roll.

saleem likes this.
  6. Mr. Space City

lol he was so skinny

7. gotsis

gotsis Member

He was so quick and he should totally bring back the mid range game in close game situations.

Ramo$e and ksny15 like this.
  8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

If Harden kept shooting those elbow jumpers then he might have a championship by now.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Back when Harden could split a double lol.
    I do miss this version of Harden. My favorite is the 14-15 season when we went to the WCF. He was amazing. Midrange, moved off the ball. I really miss watching the euro steps too they were so clean.

It’s crazy how a system and coaching can completely change how a player plays the game. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen another player change that much.

gfab-babyboi and Ramo$e like this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He became way too undisciplined . Spamming step back 3s over two defenders 4x in a row. Then you have stupid fanbois coming up with advanced stats saying we generated more points off his step backs and should donitnalll game. Not much of a silver lining with morey gone, but hopefully new coach finally kicks some sense into him

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Mattician

Mattician Member

Harden impresses me every year when he adds something new to his repertoire.

But I want to see more of that Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  12. anchel

anchel Member

Yep, any player is more athletic at 22 y.o. We can debate about the mid range and that's it. Notice too that defense is crap in that video.

Aside from that, he has become craftier, stronger, a better shooter, better ballhandler, and has masterized a move that will go down in basketball history as a Harden copyright.

#12 anchel, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    hakeem94, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

So "undisciplined" that he has put up 3 consecutive seasons scoring 30+ or more.

Has not happened since Michael Jordan.

I guess MJ was an undisciplined player too needing stats to prop him up.

Math and science is not the enemy. Your aesthetic preference is not the bottom line.

It takes no great basketball IQ to see that Harden is a top 5 NBA player NOW compared to THEN.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude...the fact that you took all that out from my post shows you why I don't engage with you. You're wrong, but we're all rockets fans here and I will just say we agree to disagree. What I will say is that the math is never wrong, its the cofounders and arrogance that you can take something as complex as an NBA game and break it into something linear. By not accounting for eveyrthing you're doing yourself a disservice. Lastly, insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly expecting different results.

Be well my friend.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

His next game was even better against the Hawks.

D-rock and KelvinCato13 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

He's a better player now than he was then and he's a better player now than he was in 2014-2015. You dont maintain the level of play Harden has without improving every year.

He can/should take mid range in the clutch, but that's it, he's NOT a good mid range shooter.

#16 HP3, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Rockets used to shoot 100 three's after practice before MDA took over. We took more 3's under MDA but didn't continue to shoot 100 of three after practice. This was not good. Especially considering we had the coldest 2nd half of basketball in playoff history two years ago. We can't cut corners if you want to win. Looking at you Tilman.

I agree it's awesome he can add to his arsenal. That only helps him 1-on-1 though. It's time to be a team. Cheering for a 05'-09' team was easy to cheer for despite having for worst records than Harden's teams. BECAUSE WE PLAYED AS A TEAM!

D-rock likes this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yeah, the guy was silky smooth... the game was super slow for him. The league had to really catch up to the way he saw the game. Kyrie/vp3 made the game slow down with their handles. James did it with his vision.

D-rock likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Back when the Rockets had hope. That was fun.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You believe Rockets had more hope during McHale/JBB than last 4 seasons?

Hope for a championship?