1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden ranked 12th in jersey sales

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WestendMassive, Jan 25, 2017.

1. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

"They all have mine already." --Yao Ming

2. hvic

hvic Member

Harden is ranked #12 in jersey, but leads in beard sales.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Surprised no one suggested it could be partly due to Houston being a football city, and jersey sales abide by zero-sum economics, meaning you're only going to sell so many sports jerseys in each market, and Houston prefers Texans apparel.

Nah ... it's Harden hate combined with another opportunity to express your dislike for our jerseys.

DonKnock and Deuce like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is not so much about the Jerseys/Logo. I know you guys hate them, but from a national perspective Harden's ranking is more about the TV market and his style of play. The "jersey itself" takes a back seat to all of that. If Harden wins the MVP and has a decent playoff run, he'll move up the rankings.

I mean, you could have a gawd awful jersey on a good player in a big market like NY and it would be top 10.

I LOVE the back jerseys. I would like the Rockets to take that approach "aka, the jersey cut" to the White/Red jerseys. Make the shoulders narrower and perhaps make the front text curve instead of go straight across. Just make the jerseys more fitted and less "square" on the body.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Also consider how many stars are their team's #1 selling jersey in their first season (like Francis). Harden was competing with WB and Durant, and ppl who buy multiple jerseys of their fav from their rookie season on (especially when they change teams) might be a small group for Harden than the others on that list.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

There is a chance that they will get redesigned when the league goes to Nike next year

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our Jerseys suck, look at the team jersey sales.

We need to go back to the gold and red classic Clutch City era.

The only reason why we have red jerseys now is because Les wants us to represent China.