1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden pride?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Nov 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"I'm the best player in the league!" "I should've won MVP last year.. I know I was the MVP" - James Harden

2. JazzLakerHater

I'm really not surprised. Other than his first two games as a Rocket, for whatever reason Harden always starts the season on terrible shooting slumps. But no doubt this has been his worst start to a season.

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Got complacent over summer and didn't work his ass off like he did in OKC keeping up with KD and Russ :snoop:

4. dianelo

dianelo Member

Look at Kawhi Leonard who worked his ass off to expand his game in the summer. A lot of players have also improved. Harden can be out of top 10 real fast if he continues whatever **** he's doing.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden's lack of self-awareness is worrying. Already heavily hated and keeps sabotaging his reputation.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden is delusional, maybe McHale has rubbed off on him or he simply doesn't care any more. That shoe deal, getting involved with a Kardashian and his brand are enough. He doesn't care about winning.

7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Top 2 player*

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Why did Capela only play 16 minutes when Dwight was out?

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I like that harden is his own person , he is confident to be himself even if it means being vilified. So many athletes nowadays give such **** cliche responses . Harden is highly intelligent and sometimes that quality is categorized as being mentally weak , not having a killer instinct; when in reality he is able to see more than one option . Maybe harden doesn't wear his pride in his shoulder and have a flamboyant typical macho attitude, but anyone who is as good as his job as he is has put in the work and will continue to do so . How can you judge the character of a man you have never met .

10. Mr Chuck Norris

I can't believe I wasted money on league pass.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

By all the pictures of him clubbing. Seriously... I've never seen an athlete that loves clubbing as much as him. He loves da booty and he loves partying. It definitely hinders his work ethic. If you don't see it, you are just a blind homer.

I usually hate religion, but in this one rare instance maybe Harden could pull a Hakeem and become a crazy born again Christian and marry, have kids and only worry about his family, Jesus and working on his game during the off-season.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hell I wasted money on ballstreams.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Y'all going to be on the interwebz b****ing about Harden all night.

Dude is probably already at some South Beach strip club for a quick stop before taking the flight and ahs forgotten about the past 3 games.

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

Harden may not has worked his ass off in off season, but he worked on some asses for sure ;)

15. fchowd0311

I totally forgot that they played in Miami tonight. If you think 3 consecutive losses by 20 points is going to stop Harden from his chance at his one trip of the season at South Beach to go clubbing... Well you don't know James freakin Harden.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Harden can't go clubbing without it being reported. I bet a lot of athletes from earlier generations partied all the time , but tmz and the Internet weren't there to tell everyone about it . I don't doubt that harden is professional. If harden was really hampered as much as you think by partying , if he had just stayed clean last season he would have had the best season of all time averaging 38/13/10 .

Athletes have off games , I'm sure harden cares enough about winning to lay off the partying. The fact that he's looked bad to start the year and we have lost makes his numbers look more glaring . People say he should take it to the rack more , while that might sound great , it was clear that by the wcf game 2 harden was all used up . If he can save his body early in the season and go to the rim hard when it matters in May and June then I'll take a few early season losses .

17. omgTHEpotential

3/32 from 3P line so far. WOW.

18. fchowd0311

Why would Harden going clubbing be more covered and reported than someone like Curry, Davis or Lebron clubbing? No, Harden definitely loves clubbing more so than your average athlete/human. It's his thing and his thing is hindering his max output that he is capable of.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

^^ doubt it lol , I think you guys just wanna point to something when not everything can be explained ( aka there is a lot of random variation)

20. i3artow i3aller

:(

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most Games With 10 or More 3-Pt FGA Without a Make - Since 1979-80
    James Harden 3 (including tonight)
    Antoine Walker 2</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/661016528813445120">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>