1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden, Parsons patch things up in Vegas after some miscommunication

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wow. Whoda thunkit. I totally thought these guys who were pretty clearly good friends for two years suddenly hated each other and chose giving quotes to media members as their way of dueling one another. I never thought this was a bunch of nothing created by media and exaggerated by anonymous nobodies on the internet. Mind blown.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn so much hate for this guy over a single comment. Harden doesn't care why should some fans who don't play for the team care? I think many posters here are upset at Parsons for signing with a in state rival a decision which would be repeated by almost every poster here if they were gifted enough to be offered a 58 million dollar contract. Get over it.

1 person likes this.
  3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

My sources tell me Ish got offended.

4. King901

King901 Member

would that be drew or plowman?

5. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Mark Berman's secretary

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

As usual, the media and certain so-called fans stirring crap up for no real reason. I wish some posters at cfans.net took the cue and toned down their bitterness.

7. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

I miss Parsons. Should have made him a solid offer and not tell him to shop around. He was easily the most underpaid player in the league for two years and did a lot for Houston. He was due for his payday and it should have come from us.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

James and the Giant Patch

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Now, he's overpaid and were not the ones cutting the check.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If he hadn't chosen to sign a contract that almost the definition of untradable, I'm 98.9% sure that he would be. It's on Parsons, no one else, in my opinion.

11. rocketsmetalspd

I support this statement. Parsons wants to play nice but he will see what it feels like playing for the Mavs against the Rockets in H-Town.

12. JazzLakerHater

Let's hope he is lol!

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

f parsons, f the Mavs.

14. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

He can have them.

15. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

Translation: I wasn't referring to my ex-teammate as interchangeable pieces that come and go around us two cornerstones, I was referring to my current teammates.

I'm not sure that's making things better with your own teammates just to get good with someone that's now a bitter rival. Of course, I didn't expect Harden to be a different person than the one who made the statement that started it all just a few days ago, but I hope he realizes soon this is not how you build camaraderie on your own ---- team.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you saying it's Parson's fault for taking the biggest pay check he could get? Stop demanding others things you wouldn't demand yourself of.

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

The only solid offer Parsons was looking for was a dude named MAX. And MAX was not available and does not live in Houston. He lives in Dallas.

18. okeezie

okeezie Member

He is not talking about the money. He is talking poison pills. 15% trade kicker and a player option after year 2. Also would had to approve any trade in year one based on the restricted FA/offer sheet rules.

19. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Why would you blame him for wanting the security of an untradable contract? Did you really expect Parsons to sign a trade-friendly contract... just in case Daryl Morey decides ship him out to Minnesota next summer?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. That would've been so nice of Parsons, wouldn't it. Hey Chandler, you're not good enough to be our #3 guy. But do you mind signing a contract that will make it easy for us to trade you away next summer? We gotta be ready to ditch you in case Kevin Love or LMA or Rondo become available. Thankyouverymuch.

1 person likes this.
  20. downbytheriver

The fact Parsons thinks he's in Harden's league, Batum's league, and keeps running his mouth without anything to back it up, is why people throw quips at him. He's like a nate robinson kinda guy, but Cuban bought into it. I and several others were IMPLORING moray to make sure parsons was traded before the portland series even started - we knew he would be exposed.