1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden or Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, May 12, 2013.

1. brennan713

brennan713 Member

I also forgot to include the level of talent that George had surrounding him. Place David West and Roy Hibbert on our team and we're a top 4 team in the west IMO. If Paul George can show that he can be a legit #1 option like James did this year, then I think this is a tough debate. Until then, I'll take someone who carried their team to the playoffs without a 4 and a slightly offensive challenged 5.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

George is inefficient.

He has a poor TS% despite not having the first option pressure every night.

Like Westbrook, I highly doubt George would be able to carry the first option pressure night in and night out if you put him on a less talented team.

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

While I don't think it is a ridiculous question, and that PG will be an allstar...Harden is already an allstar who is in the 'superstar' conversation.

For me, hands down Harden.

4. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this a serious question?

George is one of those guys who was underrated to the point that he's now overrated. He is horribly inefficient. I'd rather a guy who is efficient offensively, because defensive abilities are more easily acquired.

5. pnr

pnr Member

I agree with you about Harden but PG was an all star this year too.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden all day everyday. But you cant go wrong with either player. Both are ballers

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

But... but... Scola and Martin for Howard!!! GEDDIT DONE MOWRAY

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lol they are complete opposites. PG is arguably the best wing defender in the league and a so-so scorer. Harden is a hyper efficient scorer but putrid on D. I say Harden but its close.

9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

The Pacers in general are a putrid offensive team so not sure what you mean by less talented team. PG is more suited for a 2nd or 3rd option though.

10. mockster

mockster Member

James Harden and not by a landslide I just think he has better attributes then goerge despite the fact that goerge has better D and his bigger.

When James Harden isn't drained he nails down 3 point shots like it's been snowing all night. James Harden can play crappy all night and still score 20+ points because of ability to get to the foul line.

James Harden not a good defender may be true but he can steal the ball well and pick of passes so if that doesn't count as a good defender somewhat then idk what to say. It's obvious Harden has his flaws but I would rather have James Harden in the 4th quarter then Paul Goerge.

11. ln3012

ln3012 Member

LOL you can't be serious with some of these. Duncan? Parker? Wade? Maybe 5 years ago..

12. what

what Member

Whne the rockets had Hakeem, I seriously doubt there would ever be a thread: Ewing or Dream, who do you got?
    Who would you rather have Dream or David Robinson?

And the answer is obvious: the question was ludicrous.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Paul George.

I've really soured on Harden and his lack of a defensive effort
    and that he's more concerned developing a low post game over developing as a wing defender this summer.

George is elite on the defensive end and a plus scorer.
    Rockets will never win a championship unless Harden and Lin for that matter learn some defense.

14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

paul george is #LEGIT, toss up.

how about we make paul george harden's sidekick?

harden sg
    george sf

SICK

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We finally get a legit top 10 player, arguably top 5, yet I have never seen a fanbase show such little respect to what our own superstar can do.

James Harden has more potential, by far. And that is coming from a HUGE Paul George fan from day one. It ain't even remotely close. Might as well say Chandler Parsons is better than James, oh wait, some of you do say that!!! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hear you,but Durant and LeBron are worth more than Harden. I think it would be nice to have Paul George and Harden on the Rockets, though that is another topic.

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

Neither. I want Lebron James. Someone who can actually put the ball in the bucket.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden is an Elite Scorer with flashes of brilliance defensively (D on Lebron James in case you were wondering) and George is an Elite Defender with flashes of brilliance offensively. I think the better question is: What is an easier skill to develop to an elite level, Defense or Offense?

In my opinion Defense is the easier skill to develop because it really is just positioning, want to, and study.

Offense takes confidence and creativity a player is just born with; you can work on your shot all you want but without those two passive abilities you're just a really good shooter not an elite scorer. There is a reason Harden is one of the few players (if not the only player) that has that euro-step that is on the verge of a travel every time. Even players like Wade and Manu that have made it a staple of their games never look like they are taking an extra half step when they do it.

I would rather have Harden knowing he could turn into a better defensive player (Kobe) than George who could muster a better offensive game (Rudy Gay-ish? I don't know any players that were defensive players that became great scorers. There is Tmac but that is a reach since he always had offense that just need a chance to shine in a different environment Toronto->Orlando)

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

not sure if that's what you meant here, but if you are saying that Gay's offensive game is better than George's then I strongly disagree.

20. onreego

onreego Member

This idea that harden doesn't want to work on defense needs to stop. In his exit interview he mentions defense as one his focuses for the summer. The reporters chose to latch on to the offensive aspect and never bothered to ask about his plans for defense. Which, IMO, was a fail on the part of the reporters considering that was one of James's most criticized faults.

I choose Harden. If he works hard like he says he will, he'll been even better. I really hope he focuses on attacking with the intention to finish. And obviously improve on his defense.