1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There must he some reason why Luka is praised (and Ginobili was) for doing many of the same things in the same play style as Harden. The anti Houston media bias must have a reason right? I cant figure it out. Perhaps Harden just needs a foreign accent.

Also the difference between DFW, Houston, San Fran, Boston, DC, etc media markets is negligible enough that's size isnt worth arguing about unless you're New York or LA. But for some reason the media just eats up San Fran out of this group. I dont think Dallas gets a ton of positive press. Just Luka for whatever reason.

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

That's what I like to hear. He always is chill but when he talks **** it's true and hits hard.

3. TimDuncanDonaut

Based on Rachel's questions, She very much knows the narratives between how media covers Harden and the reality. (The constant double teams and still leader in scoring).

James gave the Jump content, will see how the Jump covers Harden and the Rockets for rest of season.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden and WB most hated players in nba
    Astros most hated team in MLB
    O’Brien most hated man in Houston

5. rockets13champs

We need Toyota to be poppin now. Russ thrives on crowd energy! I want a Milwaukee Houston nba finals. Giannis going to be crying when Covington blocks him 10 times in a game

6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

talk, talk, talk
    thats their job
    [​IMG]
    Either we enjoying it or being destroyed.

#46 DeBeards, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    TimDuncanDonaut and daywalker02 like this.
  7. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

what the hell is your point sweet lips

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

finally been arguing this for 2 years. giannis was just blessed to be 7 foot n fast. no skills. harden actually overcame his limitations;being slow, unathletic.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden is obviously far more skilled than Gainnis. He's a significanltly better shooter hand has significanltly better handles while Gainnis has a significant physical advantage over Harden.

But come on, Gainnis is a really good ball handler for someone of his length. That takes skill.

jcf likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol he does lmao. come on guy. u never heard the great white hope. bro if u had to guys the same skill....one for one. n one was white. the white one would be more popular. thats just facts. not to even go deep into it..cause its a sinple as its something of a rare thing to see.like that white guy in the dunk contest.

11. xaos

xaos Member

That was great to watch. Harden is supremely confident. Before the season started Stephen A Smith asked Harden if he believed this is his best chance to win a championship, Harden quickly responded "Yes, 100%". When he asked if he will win a championship this year he said "got to take advantage of the opportunity". Stephen A Smith had ask again to get a yes out of him, which Harden then said "yes".

This interview he didn't think twice.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yikes!

Double Yikes!

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

"Why Is James Harden So Angry All the Time?"

D-rock likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Harden is humble for someone doing the impossible night in/out. I mean you know you're the man when they have to plan double/triple teams and you can still play incredible ball.

The jokes during the draft stuff were just stupid, Giannis taking Kemba was sorry, I mean who the hell would pick like that. In the playground/street ball I've seen better jobs at picking players... Hell if they didn't call some stupid offensive foul he'd have closed the all-star game.

Harden's absolutely right, if he wins it it'll help his legacy, and he's absolutely one of the best ever, but he won't get his accolades until after he retires, somewhat similar to Hakeem. I mean Hakeem is still underrated or forgotten in the press, but the players know about Hakeem. So I'm glad Harden doesn't get wrapped up in this diva stuff, the players/coaches having to plan for him know.

I mean it'd be hilarious having Pippen/t-mac act as a coach trying to plan for Harden... that's why I don't watch these shows, they're pointless. The only reason I watched this was because I actually got to hear Harden speak, and not some talking heads.

Tl;Dr - I'm glad Harden is a Rocket and hope he wins a few and retires a Rocket. People on this board seem to underestimate his greatness and I think it'd be similar if Hakeem was playing with this type of media coverage. Hell we saw it first hand when Hakeem beat the Knicks

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

FOUR time MVP Harden speaks only truth.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Plus G.A. had those uncoordinated, out of control drives--dribble/spin/dribble/fall down. Looked so pathetic.

Harden leads league in scoring (for multiple years now too) and not on top 5 list for MVP. WTF.

CCity Zero, D-rock, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, exactly James' point. Shaq is a top 10'ish player all time... yet has teammates that have consistently said he really didn't try that hard, practice that hard.

Russ has extreme athleticism... yet, everyone knows he struggles with "skill" based aspects of the game at times.

The only thing that makes it not hit home with Giannis... he works extremely hard, too.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Giannis Antetokounmpo is a first ballot Hall of Famer and an excellent basketball player. He doesn't get near the defensive attention that Harden does, and has struggled when he has been locked down defensively. He also has largely gotten a free ride from the media concerning his struggles at times. Still, he is at worst the third best player in the league and really along with Harden is one of the two best.

Still Giannis has ran his mouth several times and slighted Harden among other players when it really wasn't necessary. His mouth is writing checks, lets see if he can cash them.

19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Giannis wants to be the face of Nike after Lebron. He takes shots at Harden because Harden is the face of Addidas in the NBA. Same thing that Lebron did after Harden joined Addidas. Biggest reason I'm not on the Giannis train...too much of a corporate pawn at this point, especially when it comes to Harden.

If Harden was with Nike, those guys would say nice things about him and pick him earlier in the All-Star game...hell, he'd probably be up there picking the team at some point.

I'd also be surprised if Giannis joined the Dubs...don't want to boost Curry and Under Armour's brand again. My bet is Lakers or Knicks.

DeBeards and CCity Zero like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol when are people going to stop with stars going to the knicks. nobody cares about playing for the trash organization of the knicks. that isn't changing anytime soon until they are able to draft a legit star there to change the culture.