1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. tksense

tksense Member

Yes me too, it seemed like a harmless joke as it has been a long-running one that he is simply repeating.

But it’s not “without thought” because really he consciously picked lesser players over the dominant one when Harden was still available. It’s a rivalry mindset rather than goodie friends mindset that the fans and media had been complaining about. I’d say the extra motivation to one-up the other top dogs is not only good for entertainment but also good to them as competitors.

KePoW likes this.
  2. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Yeah, I do agree Giannis at least probably sub-consciously thinks that just from a repetitive hearing standpoint. But clearly it was not a joke he planned in advance or something lol

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Giannis disrespected Harden pre-ASG, elbowed him in the face during the ASG, and then disrespected him again post-ASG

Harden had enough of his BS and clapped back, so now Giannis is doing this whole “Who me? What did I do” routine

there is no language barrier issue, so people bringing that up need to stop...Giannis didn’t arrive in America yesterday or just start using Rosetta Stone last week

Harden might let all these nobodies in the media who can’t even dribble or make a layup talk sh*t and just ignore it, but when an MVP is out here disrespecting him multiple times, he needs to get checked...I’ve never seen a player airball so many jumpers, and a lot of them aren’t even heavily contested shots

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

@Reeko spreading the gospel!

Loved the Rosetta Stone line, straight truth!!

LOL

5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Giannis with Nike so that's better than who harden with, adidas!

Harden better watch for giannis brother!?
    Watch out for small town basketball! Milwaukee got that San Antonio spurs mentality!

6. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Adidas make more money sponsoring the soccer than Nike do sponsoring the basketball... but hey, what do they know.

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

I saw Instagram pics from rockets profile today... Harden coming out of the plane dressed all red throwing up „B” lol somebody must have told Giannis what it means if he retreats from smoke now

Invisible Fan, D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

What a weak move by Giannis backing out like this. Lost a lot of respect for him. Dude doesn't have the conviction to stand by his actions.

"I’m just trying to do my job which is win games and go back to my family... if that's what he believes, that's what he believes."

Weakest **** ever. Why even start the beef in the first place, just go back to your family and be with them.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's almost like it was Harden throwing shade during ASB or sending wrecking ball to Giannis head and an elbow in his face.

But no, Giannis is the victim.

LOL

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. tksense

tksense Member

Gotta go raw beef, go all the way, back to the roots of all beef. The NBA had missed this taste since the advent of the super friends.

D-rock likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Young Padawan, your time will come to shine.

Or start beef.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chronological montage with all the shade between the 2 paints a very clear picture as well as the obvious hostility.

Giannis with the dumb playacting after all shots fired is hilarious, especially with context.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden is 2nd best because he is deficient on defense?

Not only is this blatantly false and an old easily disputed old narrative but the dumbass lists Steph Curry as one of the players that Harden is "second best" behind.

LOL

Steph and defense is an oxymoron, but he is likeable and tries really really really hard.

How are these guys supposed to be experts?

Jenn Lada has more basketball IQ, not to mention bigger balls, than every guy on that panel.

slothy420, BaselineFade and HP3 like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

KIA MVP trying to defend themselves for leaving Harden off in past weeks, something brought up by Rachel Nichols, not Harden.

Laughable because these guys running this vote are clearly biased and are focusing their disdain towards the Beard for this embarrassing spotlight.

"Harden leads in win shares ... for right now."

LOL

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Both sides will say that fchowd cant handle that Harden should have 3 MVPs.

King1 and D-rock like this.
  17. napalm06

I think Currys showboating and Donkeys mouth breathing were causing some beef until Durant ran for cover under a shelter of four allstars, and then no body except Houston ever really talked back.

King1, RayRay10 and buffalobills!!! like this.
  18. napalm06

Lol at the ticker. "Celebrate black history month... while watching dumb black and white guys try to argue that Luka Doncic is better then James Harden."

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pale w**** and mini w**** were so visibly pissed when sam mitchell defended wilt harden :D

D-rock likes this.
  20. omgTHEpotential

Lets imagine for a second that Giannis Antetokounmpo is 6'4-6'5. Is he an NBA player? Doesn't have those long-ass strides anymore, gets rejected way more easily at the rim, can't shoot, doesn't command double teams anymore, makes even LESS assists than he is making now. I guess he would still be a rotation player since he's an above average defender.

King1, RayRay10 and D-rock like this.