1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I can't explain how glad I am that Harden spoke the truth and cut through the media bias. The coverage of him is just out of control. He doesn't know it but him defending himself in that interview did more for his fans than he thinks. We all wished he would step out of skin and jab back a little at the criticism he receives. He finally did, and it was glorious.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I have complained about some of his tendencies as much as anyone, but this is 100% true.

But....I think this version of the rockets needs Russ’ game and his style of leadership.

3. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Also, Max calling Harden "sensitive" is sad and everything that's wrong with the media. How can a guy who gets criticized so unfairly by the media expect Harden to not say anything when another player comes at him with unjustified slander? SAS is 100% right. Harden wasn't there to defend himself. What happened in the ASG draft was textbook libel. The guy has shown that he can shut out the media's bias and criticism, but to call him sensitive when he decides to respond to a player's public characterization of him that's just flat-out false is what makes the media insufferable. His characterization of Harden's reaction just tells me that Max grew up as a loser.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He should've said more. 7 footer that takes Ped's and has ref bias.

Loneyroy7 and D-rock like this.
  5. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

**ck yeah I love it. Glad to see typically quiet, somewhat passive James fire back at someone.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That’s why I would have NEVER done an interview with Rachel Nichols. She is an INSTIGATOR. All she wants to do is STIR THE POT.

D-rock likes this.
  7. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

These media dickheads are quick to support Giannis. Where was the support for Harden when Giannis said Harden doesn't pass? Why didn't they mention Harden's defense actually shutting down Giannis' all star team?

They're gonna take Harden literally and bring up this "no skills" thing all year.

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

his why you never see Russ in these interviews because he refuses to let these folks be messy using his name to justify creating conflict or storylines

bobloblaw and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly. That’s why he should have never done that interview. More talking points for the media and more fuel adding to the hate Harden already gets.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I don't care what they think cause haters gonna hate anyway I am just glad James stood up for himself. **** Giannis and his Bucks.

D-rock likes this.
  11. JackLordsHair66

Who didn’t see that dumb **** coming, guess the upcoming Bucks game is gonna get ugly for sure now !!!

Rocket River likes this.
  12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I dont know why but I think next time we meet the bucks there will be an altercations and russ will definitely be involved. I want vintage russ to be lit all game.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

yep, expect to see ref bias like never before. Westbrook Tech'd up, PJ and Roco in foul trouble. **** is gonna be outta hand.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

some media members just want harden to shut up and take it so they can continue and kekeke every time giannis disses harden.

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Right. Last I checked Currys little punk ass isn't white and they love him.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Giannis was murdering the thunder with those hard push offs driving to the paint. How come they only call those on HArden? Harden does 1/4 of that force and he gets called for the offensive foul.

D-rock, ashleyem and BigShasta like this.
  17. wesbound

wesbound Member

This fcking clown sounds like a total douche bag

D-rock likes this.
  18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

A lot of people are now finding out that Giannis did that on purpose. Who the hell throws a basketball that hard for a pass, it was an intentional missile. But the most funny is that someone said if it was Lebron, he woulda been airlifted to the hospital on life support.

#378 bloodwings19, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  19. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Ok I've watched the other media reactions and somehow they shifted the "beef" convo quickly into who would you rather start a team with and Giannis qualifications for this year's MVP. In addition to the headline about LeBron not being able to catch Giannis in MVP, they make it very clear what they're getting paid to do today. Having Woj sitting next to Lowe highlighting Giannis' defense, he forgets to cite the defensive stat comparisons with Harden. Jalen likening 6'3 Giannis to Russ was an eyeroller given Harden's first referencing Russ actually having skill compared to some others. And the most brazen attempt to prop Giannis is when he likens 6'6 Giannis to MJ. The media propaganda machine is in full force and beyond ludicrous.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

this is why I think the rockets have even a better shot to win the title this year than they did the 65 game year (obviously no KD warriors is a reason also)

but Harden has finally said screw it I’m going full tony Montana say hello to the bad guy, you’ll never see a bad guy like me again.

harden is different now his defense is good I don’t care what anyone says. Every star player has laps Kawhi guards the corner and does nothing a lot. But he’s the best defender in the league right?

harden doesn’t care anymore Russ can go ahead and get 30+ A night. He’s about winning. Everyone with a brain knows why Russ is going off. 1 he’s talented but really it’s James’s drawing attention at half court. Teams are that scared of him even when he’s shooting 2-18 from three.

that’s the ultimate respect who cares what the players think clearly every coach watches film and knows you have to get the ball out of hardens hands or he’ll score 40+ and get 10 assists with ease if you play him straight up.

Harden is 30 he’s reached his mental prime he knows what to do now. Everyone is felling and following the leader and he now has a true superstar in his prime next to him and we’re seeing what can happen.

I was at the Memphis game the other night and Russ is going off doing crazy things look up at half and he has 25 then I look at Harden cause I didn’t notice him doing anything and he has 21 points just in the flow and under control getting everyone else going.

harden is the real mvp he’s the best player in the league this playoffs he’ll knock out Lebron wack Greek freak in the finals and then everybody can bow down to The Godfather.

D-rock, hakeem94, pr0wler and 2 others like this.