1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden not so cool with the Howard signing (Laker Fan in Bleacher says)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tstrike, Aug 4, 2013.

1. rokit

rokit Member

As great as James is, he was a third wheel in OKC... Him and Westbrook were never considered equal by the front office, no reason for Westbrook to sacrifice his own max contract just so James could sign a max. What Westbrook did was very unselfish.

The point is - he was underrated, OKC tried to trade him for Klay Thompson and the Warriors refused.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm glad the test of the league didnt feel the same way morey felt about him. Because we absolutely fleeced okc. We got james harden a superstar top 8 player at age 23 for 6 seasons and aquired dwight 9 months later. Now think of this rocket fans when Dwight's contract ends harden will be 28 and I. His prime we can then sign dwight back for a reduced rate and team harden up with the next superstar player who wants to team up with our core.

We're extreamly lucky that we got harden and not any other young player in the league. That includes curry rose Westbrook Paul George Irving ext. harden is around these players age but the difference is he's considered by his peers (lebron) and the media to be on the level of the top players in the league and a MVP candidate going foward at 23 I might add.

Don't take it for granted harden put up 26 6 and 5. Those are Kobe wade durant lebron numbers anyway you slice it and he's the 3rd most efficient out of all the superstars in the league. As many of you remember before harden wore out he was avg like 29 points and 7 and 7 shooting crazy percent for like 2 months it just got over shadowed by lebrons epic 30 points on 60 percent shooting he did. Harden was playing like the 2nd best player in the league.

So with all that said harden attracted the best big man who happens to be a top 3 player in the league when healthy ohh and that was at 23. When he's 28 in his prime were looking at all those players I named above IMO will be knocking on the door to come play in Houston with a prime harden and a very serviceable dwight who will be around 31. One of Paul George, steph curry or Kyrie Irving will be a rocket in 5 yrs.

As great at durant is I truely Believe that the next era is going to be the harden era with him attracting too talent for the next 8 years in the NBA. He already got wave one done in getting dwight. Now will see what we get in 4 years.

Good times to be rockets fans. Embrace harden he's the truth and will ring us multiple championships. Mark my words the harden era is coming and he will go down as an all time great.

3. PeppermintCandy

I also remember there being a lot of questions in the media about the value of Harden, whether he was really a max-contract player. I think most actually said "nay."

Not that it matters, but I too wrote on these boards that I thought the Rockets overpaid a bit to get Harden in the trade, though that was more in comparison to what I believed other teams were willing to give up for Harden.

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

You are right. It contains no facts. It is all speculation. Thus, the title of this thread is wrong. I was expecting something infuriating but I read it and it is well reasoned and honest that it is pure speculation. I think it is naive to think that it doesn't suck in some respects for Harden to now be under Dwight's shadow. Imagine if you were in that situation. You used to be THE guy. The savior of the team. Now they just put up a giant billboard of a guy who has never played a game for the team. THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH DWIGHT. It also doesn't mean that he didn't really want D12 to come here. It just means that there are bad things with the good.

Pointing out Harden's desire to drive to the basket and D12s desire to play in the paint seems like a good thing to bring up. However, he makes it seem like Shaq and Kobe only played together for a few years but in reality they were together for 6-7 years and they won 3 titles. I don't mind being compared to that at all.

I agree there are some awful reports coming out of LA and the national media that completely ignore the fact that the Lakers have no future plan. This, however, didn't seem like a bad article.

5. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

I salute you sir. Well said

When Harden was coming to Houston he did say this "We are bringing changes" or something like that. He was right:cool:

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"We're going to change this city" - James Harden (to Cole Aldrich LOL)

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

to be fair, he didn't say "... while both of us playing as a rocket."

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Basically this speculation is pointless because Harden himself has said many times that he will actively help the Rockets pursue FAs to come here. Yes, it's possible he doesn't mean it. But if that's the case, he could've just stayed on the sidelines in the whole Dwight recruitment thing. Besides, having Howard doesn't change the fact that he'll still be the guy averaging the most points on the team. This is much closer to a Yao/T-Mac duo than a Shaq/Kobe duo in terms of roles on the team.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Unless Harden is a complete idiot, he realizes that you need multiple stars to win Championships. He also realizes that if he wants more endorsements and fame (and they all want that), the only way he's going to get it is by getting a ring. So there it is, for Harden to take his career to the next level, he must play well with others, and that means sharing the rock with Dwight just enough to keep him happy.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

BR is bsing as usual. Dont buy for a second that Harden didn't want Dwight here. Dude is reaching, plain and simple. And he's way off. I've read Dings stuff before and this has got to be one of his worst.

11. Razsan

Razsan Member

Is that true??? That's absolutely obscene. The Warrior front office needs a drug test...