1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden not so cool with the Howard signing (Laker Fan in Bleacher says)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tstrike, Aug 4, 2013.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Exactly how I feel

[​IMG]

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. Kevin Ding is professional enough a writer not to make up stuff.

2. This is not to say that his sources are not biased-- some are likely LA-based, possibly one of these sources who tried to tell Dwight how bad a fit Harden is.

3. Chemistry is a legitimate issue for any team with a significant addition. We will just have to see what happens but it is a good sign that guys already got together in LA. They are at least trying.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Meh. Patrick Patterson is never ever ever coming back to the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

They have a VERY biased dork pandering talk radio group, and media group. With for example even the name' Espn LA' they are spoon fed the concept that the world begins and ends with the Lakers and venice beach. Concepts like 'happiness' are abstract and dont exist to the kind of people that live in LA anyway.

LA is Dallas on steroids in terms of unprofessional myopic douchebag. Trust me I lived in southern california. I saw enough ear covering flat bill hats and affliction shirts to last ten eternities.

The LA media is an extension of the reality TV star follow paparazzi mentality and at this point thats all the LA fans have to cling on to. They can paparrazi style assault dwight and harden because that's just a drama queen being drama. Their team is not looking too strong so its this whiney scorned 'I have big t*** too' ex girlfriend talking. None of these guys can accept that dwight didnt probably like kobe and dantoni too much and just didnt feel right. Sometimes that happens.

Maybe dwight will go sour on us but I don't see us as a team and city taking it as butt hurt as these surfer TMZ mindset is displaying. If dwight leaves us I think we as fans wouldnt be near as butthurt as LA is. I dont consume LA media now that Im back in Texas anyway so I only get the periphery of that now here on this site ,but I did see LA fans going off on dwight on instagram.

It is pretty sad but expected from LA fans. We are talking about Lakers fans guys. this is all par and what makes them the essence of douchebag in the first place. Part of being a joke is to continue acting like one and that is pretty much what Lakers has been in my mind really since days of magic and kareem. Yeah I like Shaq but I have always felt kobe was a chump and all this realization that kobe is lame has always been there. the truth will root itself out of kobe being a chump and this downfall we are witnessing is going to be brutal and epic Im hoping.. but also have a strong tinge of schaedenfraude or however you spell it. I am genuinely kind of excited to see Lakers die and see the meltdown train wreck of goodness of LA fan crying.. cant wait.

3 people like this.
  6. tstrike

tstrike Member

^^^^^This

Kobe has always been a little whiny b**** in my view. Instead of being his own man, he has always tried to eclipse Jordan. Here is the thing, Kobe never had the pleasure of playing for an elite college basketball team (or winning an NCAA title, Jordan has). Furthermore, Kobe had always needed to get coddled... Jordan just took what he wanted, when he wanted... (except against Joe Dumars who ate Jordan for lunch on D).. Kobe never had a true adversary in an opposing team to overcome, again.... Jordan has (see Detroit Pistons)..

LA Fans have always been b****-ass, pompous basketball elitists... This is the reason why I have been a die-hard Rockets fan since my birth. We work very hard...

I remember a summer playing floor hockey (as a kid) at Fonde (when Allen Parkway was still a slum) and on the other side of the gym was Akeem, Moses, and one of the coaches from UofH. A couple of us just watched the big boys doing their thing in that closed off part of the gym. Rockets players and staff have always worked their asses off. Just the same as most of us here in the HTown/GTown area adopt the same mentality.

*ahem sorry for the rant*

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe works his ass off too.. he is just the epitome of ultra douche and fits perfectly with everything that LA personified in one person.

the LA fan is for the most part bandwagoner or hispanic from south central or Oxnard. It's not much of an in between. The rest of the fan base is a curious mix of transplants from kansas and utah, people who watch keeping up with the kardashians, and the remaining LA local.. douchebag tommy Lee looking guys.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So which LOF here wrote that garbage?

9. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Just insulting to harden and howard. James harden was about as gracious as he could have been playing for okc.

Easily deserved a bigger role and to be a super star, but they just had too many weapons.

Kobe Byrant can't function unless he's the only A list star on the team as seen with shaq and dwight.

Sadly enough Nelly said it best, all the other elite teams have players taking pay cuts to play around those stars, while no one wants to play anywhere near Kobe Bryant.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. To be quite honest, I think if Presti just waited 1 more day Harden would have folded and accepted less than the max. He said something like "we don't know what would've happened if Presti waited 1 more day, I asked my agent for 1 more day to think things through and the next thign you know I was traded".

Secondly Harden doesn't shoot the mid range not because he can't, but because it's a horrible shot and the Rox don't allow their players to shoot it (except for the stretch 4 for spacing). Unlike Kobe who's mister 1-on-1 and operates in the mid-range and post, Harden can shoot the 3, pass and do PNRs as well, all of which complement DH's game nicely. As long as we don't get that 3rd star who'll take shots from Parsons, DH and Harden, I think all of them can co-exist nicely.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good writer is upset but can't publish made up filth for a credible outlet, so he posts it to Bleacher Report.

1 person likes this.
  12. tstrike

tstrike Member

Firmly agree. Nelly hit it out of the park on that analysis.

Don't think he will be back on First Choke anytime soon.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Absolutely. Harden is now catching spillover. People are running out of bad things to say about Howard, so they are starting in on the rest of the Rockets.

14. Classic

Classic Member

Best thing about the article was the embedded top 10 Harden plays.

The buttE Hirt never ends from these Cali tools

15. Solaris

Solaris Member

lol, are you seriously comparing Harden with likes of Kobe? Kobe is old and can't even beat an average player like Lin.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I really had to read this? Really?

That article was so bad I'm glad I jumped ship after the 2nd to last paragraph.

"No dwight questions" means he doesn't give a crap about L.A reporters and their stupid ad hominem attacks on dwight, they have no intention of asking meaningful questions.
    That much is pretty clear after seeing all the objectivity from them after he picked the rockets.

He turned it into a giant whinefest, Harden is happy and some people already pointed out that he was fine being a 6th man in OKC.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ok.

That last part even I have to laugh at.

Come on now.

18. k-money

k-money Member

Heat say hiq

19. k-money

k-money Member

:eek::eek::eek:

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The article contains almost no facts, except that Harden didn't want to answer Dwight questions.

I guess writing about Houston's season is more fun than writing about LA's, even for LA writers.