1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden MVP watch 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Nov 15, 2017.

?

Who wins MVP 2018

1. Harden

2. Giannis

3. Durrant

4. Curry

5. LeBron

6. Westbrook

7. K.Irving

8. Porzingis

9. Wall

10. Refs

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I don't even know why the media gets off on Westbrick... he honestly treats them like shittttt.

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

Basically Westbrook is the NBA equivalent of a pick-up artist.

adw likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If there was one analyst that completely lost all of my respect this season, it's Doris Burke. I used to think she was one of the most fair, reasonable, and thoughtful commentators on TV, but this season, she's been insufferable. She was bringing up Westbrook as MVP this year as early as December. She's outed herself as being equally as bad as the rest of the Douche Brigade that ESPN parades out every single day. SAD!

J Sizzle and mario_v like this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I said the same thing in another thread. It's ridiculous how Harden, who has ALWAYS been friendly and amenable to the media, gets shat upon over and over again by these media ****tards. But then, Westbrook, who literally treats them **** on his shoe, gets lauded and praised to the heavens for his schtick. It makes no ****ing sense, and it just shows you how spineless and easily-maneuvered people actually are.

adw and mario_v like this.
  5. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Looks like that's official, one more vote for Harden.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Another vote for Harden and a 3rd place for Lebron on this one.

7. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Posted this in the official thread, but to have it tracked here as well:
    Justin Termine - NBA Radio (had a vote last year) - announced yesterday during NBA Today radio show on Sirius/XM NBA Radio
    Jared Greenberg - Turner (had a vote last year, voted Harden last year too) - announced today on Out of Bounds also on Sirius/XM NBA Radio

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So Harden has this. MVP baby.

Let us see if he can get the Finals MVP also. I would be just as happy if Chris Paul or Eric Gordon got it too.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Finally a guy who makes a lot of sense.

AD is very deserving of a 2nd place vote. Why? Because he didn't completely coast for a month+ with literally the worst +/- of any player in the entire NBA, refusing to play defense, and forcing the trade of 6 teammates in 3 different deals.

Lol.

adw likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Here is the video to accompany my whining.

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I have a couple of minor disagreements here, but overall I think this is a very respectable ballot.

I'm okay with Eric Gordon being omitted from 6th Man contention given that he only played 69 games and started almost 45% of them.

12. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I voted LeBron for worst defensive player of the year.

adw likes this.
  13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Instead of an offensive player of the year, why don't they just create a Lebron participation trophy, awarded to the best Lebron every year? Lebron can win the award in perpetuity and we don't have to hear sniveling media members whine about not rewarding the king enough even though he may not play hard or play defense or be the best player during the regular season - coasting will not be a consideration in the Lebron trophy and problems Lebrons create for themselves will be ignored

#833 rhino17, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    DonKnock, adw, pippendagimp and 3 others like this.
  14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

LOL, they just cant stand the fact that Harden is winning the MVP, with all the **** that he has done throughout the year still gets disrespected on daily basis, I would be really really really shocked if he ever wins another MVP

adw and mario_v like this.
  15. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

The most overated TRASH OF ALL TIME! T-MAC

WORST HALL OF FRAMER EVER!

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You don’t need to track this, it’s over. Harden is winning this in a landslide. We’ve always known the media hates Harden’s style of play so if it was close, they were going in the other direction.

Now the race to track is to see if people give Chris Paul an all-NBA spot. Originally it was so deep that I thought he had no shot, but so far I’ve seen a handful of ballots really giving props for pushing this team to 65 wins.

#836 Spacemoth, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

There was never this much whining when Kobe was clearly the best player in the league and he wasn't out there winning MVP awards. I get it, Bron is a great player, but he was mailing it in at some point this season. It's ridiculous how much **** riding a lot of this media members are engaging in.

There were other years that Bron has been the best player in the league, didn't win MVP, but no one b****ed and moan this much. I don't get the hate towards Harden. As many of you have mentioned, he treats the media well, he doesn't talk mess about the media and he is one of the good guys in the league. Why can't these assholes be happy that he is having a fantastic season and that he is deserving of an award thats never really been this heavily questioned until this season. **** them all.

The other night I listened to Doris Burke, that it pained her to say that Harden should win MVP, that was total disrespect. I don't understand why it has to be painful to vote for the rightful winner.

18. plates300

plates300 Member

At this point, I don't even care about the MVP trophy...hoist up the O'Brien trophy and nothing else matters.

adw, DreamShook and napalm06 like this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I didn't listen to it. Was it because she expressed dislike for Harden as a player, or was it painful for her to commit to one player because multiple players had MVP-worthy seasons in her opinion? Given how she usually talks about players, I would think its more the latter.

20. MystikArkitect

Curry MVP: Well deserved, best player on the best team.

Curry MVP: Well deserved, historic, 73 wins, wow.

Russ MVP: Amazing, triple doubles, super clutch.

Harden MVP: This award needs to be changed.