1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden MVP watch 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Nov 15, 2017.

?

Who wins MVP 2018

1. Harden

2. Giannis

3. Durrant

4. Curry

5. LeBron

6. Westbrook

7. K.Irving

8. Porzingis

9. Wall

10. Refs

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jayfree

jayfree Member

Just like this dog.... it's in the bag!

[​IMG]

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

"As someone who has held an MVP vote more years than not in the past decade, one of my great professional fears is 20 years from now, we look back on James’ magnificent career and wonder how it’s possible the greatest player of his generation — arguably the greatest of all time — could retire with only four MVP trophies.

That in itself isn’t reason enough to vote for him. The MVP isn’t meant as a career achievement award. But it does demand us to take a deep look at James every spring and make sure we can justify not voting for him."
    This is why LeBron will get most of his votes. Instead of looking singularly and objectively at this season, people are carrying baggage from years gone by, which allows them to justify starting with the conclusion that the award is LeBron's to lose.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If they switched places, LeBron would be the unanimous MVP without question and not a single voter would be bothering with the mental gymnastics necessary to shoehorn Harden into the conversation.

#742 ClutchCityReturns, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"The MVP isn't meant as a career achievement award, but I will now proceed to treat it as a career achievement award"

Houstunna, DonKnock, Clutch and 3 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bron stans are devoted, I’ll give them that...they’ve even resorted to saying that Lebron deserves it more than Harden because he has more total points even tho Harden averages 30.4 ppg to Lebron’s 27.7, total rebounds, total assists, and triple doubles

Any mention of the numerous advanced stats that Harden leads in and the fact that the Rockets have won 65 games while the Cavs are at 50? Nah.

Harden is also 2nd in RPM behind Chris Paul

Harden has also been better than Lebron defensively this season...yes Bron stans, it’s true

Houstunna, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know why this made me lol. What a ridiculous gif!

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The stupidity of that quote boggles the mind. How many players in the history of our league have retired with 4 MVPs?

Jordan (4)
    Kareem (6)
    Chamberlain (4)
    Russell (5)

This guy obviously has no sense of NBA history if he thinks having “only” 4 MVPs is a black mark on LeBron’s career.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

another 1st place vote for Harden

Deuce likes this.
  8. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Harden's 100% winning the MVP this year. It's already a wrap.

About damn time.

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

Westbrook just secured another trip-dub season AND the Thunder have 1 more win than last season. Does this mean he automatically should win it again? LOL

The Thunder actually got him help and his Thunder are still low seed in the playoffs. But that shouldn't matter, right?

10. MystikArkitect

Here’s what I don’t understand for the life of me:

WHERE was all of this Lebron chatter during Curry’s MVP seasons? You could literally argue the same thing then. If anything his involvement in the sheer volatility of the Cavs team is totally ignored. Hey the team was bad and he was a huge reason why they were bad but he dragged them out of being bad because he’s so good even though he’s a huge part of why they were bad.

At this point any vote for Lebron is simply a vote for Not Harden.

BigMaloe, DonKnock, topfive and 4 others like this.
  11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

If Harden for some dam reason dont win the MVP....I stop watching this trash sport.

PeterKingX likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wrap it up, it's over the Westbrick has done teh impossible and is now the only one in NBA history to average a BACK-TO-BACK Triple double season. he totally deserves the MVp once more. Just thinking about Harden being rob last season over triple doubles is insanely infuriating.

dischead likes this.
  13. jacoby

jacoby Member

This should be a new thread or edited into the OP. @Clutch

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden will win by a landslide

15. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Updated:

This is for keeping track of the voters who have stated their vote either in print or on television.

Harden- 17
    Zach Lowe, ESPN
    Kevin Arnovitz, ESPN
    Ramona Shelbourne, ESPN
    Cassidy Hubbarth, ESPN
    Sam Amick, USA Today
    Ben Golliver, Sports Illustrated
    Sean Deveny, Sporting News
    Kevin O'Connor, The Ringer
    Steve Aschburner, NBA.com
    John Schuhman, NBA.com
    Shaun Powell, NBA.com (No vote last year. He was in a column with 4 verified voters. Probably has a vote.)
    Sekou Smith, NBA.com
    Chris Broussard, Fox Sports
    Kurt Helin, NBC Sports
    Bill Simmons, The Ringer
    Mike Wilbon, ESPN
    Will Guillory, NOLA.com (No vote last year. Claims to have a vote on Twitter.)

LeBron- 3
    Jeff Zillgitt, USA Today
    Stefan Bondy, NY Daily News (No vote last year. Claims to have a vote on Twitter.)
    Jason Lloyd, The Athletic Cleveland (No vote last year. Claims to have a vote in article.)

David Aldridge has stated that he will not reveal his vote early.

Remaining votes- 79

This was all that I've found so far. I've been searching Google news for NBA MVP, James Harden, LeBron, etc. and referencing the names here:

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/...-Most-Valuable-Player-of-the-Year-Award-1.pdf

If anyone wants to take this list and run with it, feel free.

BigMaloe, Houstunna, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. MystikArkitect

All of CBS Sports writers voted Harden. Not sure which have a vote or not.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yea but how did 13 anonymous Cleveland Cavaliers vote for MVP???? How stupid is this? How pandering is this? Who cares aside from ESPN, who 13 Cavaliers voted for?? My god the idiocy of that outfit. Hmmm I wonder how the Rockets player would vote......

"ESPN conducted an anonymous poll with 13 Cleveland Cavaliers players Wednesday to see how they would vote for the six major awards and none of the results were unanimous, including LeBron James for MVP, who received 12 votes (James Harden getting the other). No instructions were given (i.e. not being allowed to vote for themselves or their own team, etc.). The rest of the awards went to: Rookie of the Year - Donovan Mitchell (7 votes), Ben Simmons (4), Co-ROY for Mitchell & Simmons (2); Most Improved Player - Victor Oladipo (11), Clint Capela (1), Nikola Jokic (1); Defensive Player of the Year - Rudy Gobert (5), Josh Richardson (2), Paul George (1), Andre Roberson (1), Marcus Smart (1), DeAndre Jordan (1), George Hill (1), Capela (1); Sixth Man - Lou Williams (12), Fred VanVleet (1); Coach of the Year - Quin Snyder (4), Brett Brown (3), Terry Stotts (2), Mike D'Antoni (2), Dwane Casey (2).

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is the real nugget.

Would one of Harden's teammates vote someone else for MVP? not a good look for LBJ.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm guessing IT snuck into the locker room, and slipped his vote in when nobody was looking.

Houstunna and hakeem94 like this.