1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. Harden's beard

2. Harden's beard

Dwight got 0 votes for all nba defensive team if anybody didn't know yet.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The facts that Harden came in out of shape, showed little effort in several games, played minimal defense, had massive live ball turnover problems and was slower this year isn't a "narrative."

It's honestly getting tiring to hear people just hand-wave arguments by saying "narrative."

Calling everything you disagree with a narrative is a dumb narrative

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And no one said he should have. Why do you keep bringing him up? Its OK for Harden to be fat because dwight sucks?

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

People aren't blaming Corey Brewer. They're blaming Corey Brewer, as well as many other players and coaches that are on the Rockets. So many factors contributed to the lack of success.

6. Harden's beard

7. Harden's beard

Dwight was the major reason why we sucked this year, so of course his name should come up. duh.

8. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Harden's entire career has been playing street ball, even in OKC.

9. Harden's beard

Terry calling out Dwight's selfishness :

"But I said ‘Dwight, sometime in your career, you are going to have to decide do you want to become a champion? If becoming a champion means set more screens, roll harder to the basket, run the floor more, then that’s what you have to do. You can’t worry about if I’m getting touches in the post. It doesn’t matter. It’s whatever your team needs you to do on that particular night to get the win. So Daryl Morey didn’t say we aren’t going to give you the ball. We’re just not going to give it to you in the post because that's not our style of play."

ESPN: You mentioned your season in Houston didn't end the way you wanted. You have also admitted you were "disinterested" during parts of the year. Why was that?

Howard: "There were times I was disinterested because of situations that happened behind the scenes that really hurt me. It left me thinking, 'This is not what I signed up for.'''

This kind of quitter mentality is contagious. Probably fuc*ed the whole team up in the locker room and off the court.

10. Harden's beard

Nylon Calculus is the most fact driven NBA website out there, if they concluded Harden should've been on the All NBA 2nd team, I put much more faith in their analysis than what some idiots on mass media think.

Among all the guards Harden was,

4th in Player Efficiency Rating (PER)

4th in True Shooting Percentage (TS%)

3rd in Win Shares (WS)

4th is WS/48

5th in Box Plus Minus

5th in Real Plus Minus

3rd in Value Over Replacement Player (VORP)

Turnovers and defense is included in calculating PER and BPM/RPM respectively.

Despite those handicaps, Harden was easily one of top 6 guards in every metric that exits out there. Probably was close to top 4.