1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is simply not a leader and never will be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's not the point. Whatever you say about CP3, he brought more discipline to the team. Over time, that attitude can be seen to be overbearing on some of the players.

PeterKingX likes this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden is 7th in the NBA this season in shots directly created and 7th in points scored off his assists. And neither of those count all the shots created from passing out of all the double teams.

To say he ignores his teammates and doesn’t make them better is just denial of reality.

fckbandwagons and SF3isBack!! like this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

he dominates the ball. Of course he gets assists when hes not jacking it up. Absolutely everything runs through him. He gets his volume numbers thats for sure. I wonder how many championships harden/dantoni win with that offense. Everyone stands around waiting for harden to decide if he chucks it or tucks it. It cannot sustain in the playoffs. Its a shame Dantoni is the coach of this team.

manlisten likes this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

we were disciplined last year? i seem to remember paul crapping the bed early in the season and harden having to have a legendary season just to bail him out. there's this tendency here to totally ignore the good that harden does and any bum that provides any help gets hardens credit and its sad.

#324 SF3isBack!!, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I just want to extend a giant, Texas sized middle finger to all of the so-called Rockets fans b****ing about James Harden as if he hasn't strapped the team on his GD back since he got here and has improved every damn year. All of these mythical leaders out there didn't do that.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

There are players that dominate the ball who never do what harden does. you make it sound easy and thats ridiculous. i have had some of the worst conversations on this site in the last two days with people who seem to know **** all about basketball. only on this site. there are certain basic questions that need to be asked before they let people join this site. you seem to know nothing.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Only Trae Young dominates the ball as much as Harden and he's like 21 and putting up all time great numbers for someone his age.

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I can tell you’re not very knowledgeable about basketball. Either that or you are young and don’t have very many people to compare Harden to. He’s a great player who fails to win. I would put 100% of the blame on Dantoni but Harden dogs it on defense way too much to be absolved of blame. The Rockets play a very stupid style of basketball. They cannot adjust when needed.

Harden, while great, has not proven to be a winner in this league. He is a great regular season player on offense. This putrid gameplan breaks down against good teams.

Rox11 likes this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You didn't even know Harden made it out of the second round without Paul dude stop projecting your shitty bball knowledge on me lol pathetic.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Whats atls record?

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

is that really an accomplishment?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

no ****er dont change the subject. you didn't know because you know **** all about basketball. youre in this thread sounding like the dumbest **** ever agreeing with chowds nonsense and having no idea what you're talking about.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I definitely know more than you.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

congratulations for remembering that we got destroyed by the warriors. You still don’t know squat about basketball. Harden only fan.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Harden is a great player, but he is no MJ. He has assets and liabilities. He is a great driver, I love him going to the hole. He is a chucker, shoots too many low percentage shots. Is a ball stopper. Much better when passing and he is a good passer. Bottomline, teams win championships not hot dog players. The Rockets currently have a very limited and lower end talent level. They need better and bigger players. Otherwise you can just wait for Harden to have a great game.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ive been here since 2007 idiot. Harden wasnt even a Rocket then lol lol. you are... a... dumbass lol

Blurr#7 likes this.
  17. Caprah

Caprah Member

The only dumbass here is you. Are you denying he created a ton of open looks? Was Jeff van gundy a dumbass to?

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I think I have come to the conclusion that if Hardens teammates hit half the shots he creates for them the Rockets would have won and we all wouldn’t care. But it seems when his teammates don’t make shots, James isn’t masked anymore and we zoom in on him more because he is the star.....

He truly has plenty of issues but if some of these guys would just make a damn open jumper it would solve 3/4 of the problems

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You’ve been following the rockets since 2007?

lol

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

you're not very bright if you think this game plan works for the team. It might work for Harden but thats it. I think Harden is a great player just not a winner, especially under this idiot coach.