1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is playing with multiple injuries right now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Harden has taken 21 threes last 2 game, how many has he made? 1? Injuries?

Smh at this rate Curry will overtake him as the #1 most 3 pointers made.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

So what? U can't afford to rest your best player too much. Especially in a conference where every game counts

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Tell that to Poppovich mr coach

smp likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Bruised cervix, too.

BigShasta and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dude should have taken a week off. I think he just wants the MVP almost as bad as the ring. Going to be hard to play through this stuff.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

I was the same man, trust me, get smarter about that. MDA and his staff should monitor Harden not himself, it's a trap..... I would shake off ankle sprains just to play, next thing that manifested was some hip soreness which i was trying to heal yet play with it at the same time. I was ok. Until my muscles got tired in 2min to go in the 4q and i tore my ligament while jumping for a simple layup with some contact. Muscle just refused to stabilize my knee because it was so overloaded already and it snapped. It isnt the first time Harden deals with his arm, and elbow/arm injuries are just behind achilles and knees for baddest injury for bball player

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Be careful what you wish for. Is the seed worth risking further injury?

A broken man won't be the savior this week, so why risk more injury. Nobody is shooting worse from behind the arc, so just give everyone the green light deep, and counter it with Gordon and Chris driving inside and feeding Clint. We need James at 100% for the playoffs. Sign House NOW. We can use him right now to keep us afloat while injuries mend with Faried, Shump, and James. Oh, and using Nene might be an idea coach.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I would like to see Harden sit and get some rest, but the problem is they're barely clinging to that 5th spot right now. Utah is right behind them and their remaining schedule is a joke. Even if the Rockets play well the rest of the way, they could still be overtaken by the Jazz. And Portland ain't doing us any favors thus far on their road trip.

Maybe D'Antoni can be strategic about it, although that's probably giving him too much credit. For example, play Harden tonight. Then let him sit out the Boston game on Sunday. That would give him 4 days off between tonight's game and the one in Toronto. And if the Rockets can beat the Heat and steal one against the Celtics(who are playing really bad right now), let him sit out the Toronto game as well. That would get him a week off before Philly comes to town.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah it's a risk either way. At most I would rather just see him and Chris split minutes on this back to back. The last thing we need is Paul straining something too. Give Paul 20 min and James 16 min max if he must play. If James is really hurt though then I think he will hurt us more by playing.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Fertitta said at the opening press conference this season "Anything less than the Western Conference Finals will be a disappointment" and made it clear there is pressure on both Morey and MDA to show results.

11. smp

smp Member

He also said he would spend in to the Luxury Tax to maximize Harden's prime. I won't believe anything that guy says until he shows it.

BigShasta and Stormy1234 like this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

He also said the repeater tax is an independent consideration from the luxury tax, so he may do both: deal with the repeater tax and go over the luxury tax after this year. He talks about the "chess game" of tax in this vid.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

not sure we can afford to rest anyone... we are fighting for home court in round one and just a few games from the 8th seed.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No he didn’t he said if there was a clear chance to win the title he would spend in the luxury tax... he also said if we are in the tax and barely winning a playoff series he would fire Morey. So maybe morey didn’t want to go into the tax this year because he doesn’t think we have a shot either way.

15. count_dough-ku

I don't like the idea of CP3 playing any B2Bs. The Rockets are kind of in a bind though. With Harden banged up, they need CP3 out there. The good news is there are only 4 more of them left this season and 2 of them aren't that bad(@DAL, CHA & @ATL, @MEM). I do hope D'Antoni considers giving James the day off on Sunday at minimum(assuming they beat the Heat tonight). A 4-day break might not seem like much, but it would do him wonders at this stage of the season with all the injuries he's dealing with.

deb4rockets and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't buy a damn word this guy says. He might as well be wearing a Warriors jersey.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Huh?????
    How would that benefit him in any way?

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

its just a ploy for him to win the MVP

he's still going to continue to avg at least 30 a night and pundits will say even tho he played with 3 injuries he got the Rockets to the western conference finals...

media conspiracy

....wait what!?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

If he is really hurt he needs to sit is asre down for awhile to heal and be ready for the playoffs.

20. count_dough-ku

That sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you weaken the roster in order to save money(which they've done), that's gonna lessen their chances of going deep in the playoffs. Then when they get bounced in the first or second round, you defend the penny pinching because allegedly the team wasn't that good to begin with.

smp likes this.