1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is better than Melo (Yahoo)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 9baller, Aug 30, 2013.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

What the hell is wrong with you!

2. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

Goodness, the CF posters are some of the most cynical bunch of negative **** talkers I've ever seen... The guy posted a article abt HARDEN... get over it, its ok... thats what this forum is for. Thank you OP for this post, I really never would've read this artcle if it wasnt posted here. Thanks!

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's not an article when it's Yahoo Contributor Network.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Melo had those seasons in Denver with ai, his stats were superior to hardens.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Why? How is it less worthy of a thread than when someone just posts their own opinion about something? Are you telling me the substance in this particular "article" is lesser than that of the typical opinion thread started on CF?

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Indeed. It's certainly no different from any regular thread started in GARM. Which is why it should be clearly tagged as such. Just like bleacherrepport writings are labeled as Bleacherreport, Yahoo Contributor Network pieces should also be labeled as such.

But if you just labeled it as Yahoo, then it does not serve as differentiation between this and REAL Yahoo articles written by journalists with knowledge and connections to the NBA world.

1 person likes this.
  7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Durant, Westbrook, and Wade are good defenders.

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

I think Melo is a better scorer than Harden, tbh. Especially when his shot is falling. When Melo is hot everything he throws at the basket touches nothing but net, even its its from damn near 30ft away. Melo can also use his body to post up defenders and score in the low post, which is always a landmark trait of any dominant scorer. Harden can't do that.

With that said, I would still pick Harden over Melo because Harden is a more team oriented player. But, both guys are ball dominant on offense and neither one is particularly fond of defense.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My issue is with the thread title not clearly distinguishing these sort of articles from ones written by professionals with actual sources/access.

#29 durvasa, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  10. 9baller

9baller Member

I am sorry for labeling the article as, "Yahoo." I had not heard of Yahoo Contributor Network before, but I will be more careful in the future.
    Charles

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Harden has a great post up game. The best on the team supposedly.

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Couldnt be more inaccurate.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You should read the description of that forum more closely. :p

"There is one -- and only one -- unsorted thread."

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

James Harden is better than Melo now??? Really??? When the article called Harden a willing passer I knew this was more towards hatred of Melo than anything. The writer CLEARLY didnt watch Harden isolate, hold the ball at the top of the key, and proceed to dribble for 23 of the 24 seconds of the shot clock this season. It got so bad there had to be a team meeting about it earlier in the season. Does he have the tools to be a superstar? Yes. Does he have work to do? Yes. Is he on Melo's level yet? Hell no. Melo has hid flaws too, but the guy's a better offensive player than just about anybody in the league.

It seems the writer's looking more to headlines. Stupid article

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Just because a random guy wrote the article doesn't mean we can't discuss it. It's not different then a random guy starting a thread on clutchfans giving his opinions

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I think Harden's better too but Melo is elite in his own right and it's debatable. I think if you took a public poll Melo would come out ahead in most people's opinion, but that's mostly because Harden's still new to the spotlight.

Harden is a better passer, facilitator, and more efficient, but Melo's skill set as a scorer is pretty remarkable. Harden has been extremely good at playing the role of point guard, which he's done in OKC and in Houston, and Melo struggled pretty hard with playing "point forward" when D'Antoni asked him to.

That being said, Melo can get his teammates shots in his own way. You can isolate Melo in the wing or the elbow and he immediately commands a double team, which he can pass out of and then they pass it around to the open man. That was the bread and butter of the Knicks last year.

On offense, their games are very different so it's hard to say. Given the fact that you can plug Harden into almost any team and he'll do well, and the fact that Harden is more efficient, it sways my decision towards Harden, although they're both elite players obviously and it's pretty close.

17. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

What are you doing making good points about the subjectof this article? We're supposed to be debating the title of the thread! Sheesh!

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Melo has been balling as a Superstar and franchise player for how long? And Harden what one season..LOL Come on people get real. I am a big time Harden fan but he has not scratched the surface yet. Can the man get a few more season as the man before we make these type of claims. bwhahahahaha

19. SeabrookMiglla

i have noticed this also, and it is very troubling. thats why i am hesitant to put harden in a top 10, maybe as an all around player. but in the clutch, i am still weary of him

20. Nook

Nook Member

Right now, right this minute Harden is better than Anthony. No one said Harden has had a better career than Anthony...