1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is 36/103 fg thru 4 games...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hardensway, Apr 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

And we have all these threads blaming Lin for the rockets playoff woes? I'm just sayin.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he is the baddie

3. waisoserious

waisoserious Member

its lins fault. clearly

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Again like I said... both were pretty bad in this series. Trade Lin+Harden for JJ Redick and Matt Barnes

5. Wommy

Wommy Member

LMAO... Are you saying that Lin should have been the one taking 103 shots? What's your point?

6. Penetrate&Creat

Lin has played bad, but Harden has sucked just as much. We all know this, it's just nobody has really talked about it due to Lin screwing up in game 4.

oh and this video is always reassuring as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

1 person likes this.
  7. dream_team

dream_team Member

His point is Harden is our best player and leader. His performance has a MUCH bigger effect on wins & losses. He's shot horribly this series, and a MUCH MUCH bigger reason why we're down 1-3. Yet, there's all these threads about our backup PG single handedly losing this series for us?

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

He can take 200 shots but it all comes down to one simple mistake ( Lin) would cost you a game over and over ......

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

if he scores 300 points with 200 shots, one simple mistake by Lin would bring our lead down to 16 points instead of 18.

10. Wommy

Wommy Member

Here you go dream_team, arabrocket beat me to it. I'm not saying Harden has been playing great, but blaming Harden just isn't going to cut it. You know your ass will be roasted when you make 2 stupid mistakes in a row in 2 games. Especially in the playoffs.

11. Wommy

Wommy Member

Based on your logic, we would have won at least game 4 if Lin made 1 more shot.

12. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Lin turns it over big time. Harden sucks all the time.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The former OKC trio is looking pretty rough this postseason.

Durant
    .396/.265/.798

Westbrook
    .351/.194/.793

Harden
    .350/.268/.871

14. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

When two team are dead even it usually comes down to the last minute and then the mistakes are even more costly. That is why Lin should NOT be playing in the 4th quarter next game. If he does play then McHale is begging to get fired.

15. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

some blame goes on harden, some goes on the offensive system the players operate in.

really this is a giant team fail with some performing better than others. asik, daniels, and howard (although some things do fall on him) are standing out above others.

bev had the flu for one game and is playing with a deficient knee. he has to get some leeway.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its the Seattle curse.

17. ludicraze

ludicraze Member

If we go on to lose this series, looking forward, is Harden still considered untouchable? I love what the guy brings on offense and think he's a dynamic player, but his complete inability to even pretend that he cares about defense makes me want to pull my hair out.
    Looking around the league, and assuming their teams go on to fail to win it all or meet expectations, I see two trading partners where both parties may seriously ponder a mutually-beneficial trade.

1.) Trade Harden to OKC for Westbrook, assuming his knee is fine of course.
    OKC gets back a dynamic scoring threat who loves playing with Durant, and they can re-sign Jackson to be their point moving forward.
    2.) Harden to Indy for George and whatever filler necessary to make salaries match. Potential problem I see here is that Bird is apparently huge on character and work ethic...

What do ya'll think of either of these? Again, I haven't written off the Rockets' season just yet, but honestly with the way they're playing, looking to the future and how we can improve is the only thing keeping me same.

18. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

he's made 36 shots?

19. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

i would not do harden for westbrook at all. I still think defense is mostly effort and it can be instilled. so like most of the team's problems, it starts and ends with mchale. if harden's d pulls your hair out, i dont want to know what watching westbrook night in and night out would make you pull out.

harden for george i would do in a heartbeat.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yes because Terry Stotts goes to bed at night after a long session of coming up with a game plan of stopping Jeremy Lin.