1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden in Overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Could Harden maybe get in better shape?

Don't get me wrong, we all know he's our best player, but dude looks like Tmac in his later years. Maybe being in prime shape would improve his defensive effort...instead of taking time off sometimes to reserve for the offensive side.

1 person likes this.
  2. NickKent

NickKent Member

Especially with Lopez and Aldridge out of game, I was screaming at my TV for him to drive to basket.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden was bad tonight now doubt. Despite that, Rox had multiple blown double digit leads tonight. The Rox lost this game with lack of execution on defensive end and poor adjustments by McHale.

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

to play Harden on him, lmao.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

He still has to grow mentally as the lead star on a playoff team. Hope they watch tape and he learns from it quickly.

6. haydenfisher342

no bro, Carlos......Delfino! OMG HAHZAHAHA < pssstttttt HAHAHAHA

7. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

No one here care how much you suffer. Who do you think you are? Go to cry to your mommy you freaking loser.

8. haydenfisher342

its called grieving, understand this young one

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol, sorry but I'm here to stay. I knee jerk alot.

10. Blast_Off

Blast_Off Member

Harden has a bad shooting night so now he's a bum?

With 7 seconds to go in regulation, he hit two clutch free throws to put them up 2. Then on the next defensive possession the Rockets gave up two offensive rebounds and the Blazers tied it up. If the Rockets could have grabbed a rebound there then the storyline would have been that Harden stepped up and hit the clutch free throws for the win. That's basketball. They couldn't get a stop, and Harden didn't make shots in overtime.

TL/DR = Never should have made it to overtime.

11. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Harden's quick 3 down by 1 still has me scratching my head. That and Mchale not putting in Asik before the Blazers got that last second tip in. This is the crap we saw coming when we complained in the regular season. But this is a Daryl Morey ran team and analytics outweigh any criticism:rolleyes:

12. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

We don't freaking need to listen to your grieving. The loser has practically thrown in the towel after game 1. What loser mentality.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's called knee jerking. I say all sorts of ****. Doesn't mean I won't be back cheering on the Rockets in game 2.
    I said I was quitting on the team like 4 times in the game thread. I probably said the same stuff last playoffs. I'm still here.
    I know its a problem. Probably has something to do with my anxiety issues that I have.

#93 RedRedemption, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  14. okeezie

okeezie Member

This is asinine. Harden hit clutch shots time after time this season, including the last time we played Portland. He had a bad game. So what? Get over it..this team is going as far as he takes it. Harden is a tough shot maker. Today he missed shots but he had good looks. It's obvious you are either not a Rockets fan or you missed all the game winning and game tying shots this year that he hit that are just like the ones you are complaining about. Just go away!

15. Asian Sensation

To the Knee-jerkers..... The clippers lost home court advantage yesterday as well and BG had an MVP type season but a ****ty game 1 as well. Pretty sure he and the Clips will bounce back and so will Harden and Rockets. It's not time to panic yet.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree, but the Clippers didn't lose the heart of their team. Tonight was pretty depressing, even as a total anti-kneejerk guy. Choking away the game hurt, and losing Bev just put it over the top.

17. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

He had very strained facial expressions throughout the game and nothing about his play seemed very fluid. I agree with the TNT crew that Stotts' commitment to go right after Harden defensively (as well as Jones) wore him down.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

How do you think the GM is trying to build this team...?

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member