1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden in Overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. moose

moose Member

why do u shoot 14 threes

2. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

Harden driving into traffic and jacking up a shot would have been better than what he did.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Smart players and smart coaches win the game. This team has a dumb coach and dumb player in Harden. He needs to learn that when the other team is in foul trouble, you need to attack and make them pay by going to the line. For example, before the OT, Harden has the last shot with 3 seconds left...why the hell he needs to run to the 3 pts line to shoot 3?? You just need a 2 pts to win it.

And when we're down by 1pt with like 40secs or so left in OT, why the hell he need to shoot 3 when he's the best at attacking the basket in the game? And on the other side, you have Lilliard attacking and drawing foul....you see how smart their players are?? That's why they won the game by attacking...our players are stupid...settling for jumper when it's not guaranteed to go in.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

Its just one game. Did u forget its a 7 game series?

6. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

All I know, is that TMac would have made that game winner. :grin: ;) :p

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I think both teams wanted to have some seconds to foul/rebound if they miss. That was my logic too. I wouldn't have gone for the last shot in this situation as both teams weren't on fire.

8. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Because we were down one, why would you run clock if you are down by one? That way if you miss you can foul and still have another shot at tying it.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Well, we just lost HCA. It's more than just one game. Now we have to steal a game on the road.

10. oakton

oakton Member

8-28 and 3-14
    Why does McHale let him shoot that much?

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

I guess there's where that 0.001% influence coaches "statistically" have on a game kicks in.... Who knew, huh...?

12. ohmrwilson13

ohmrwilson13 Member

This pretty much sums it up. People blaming mchale, but mchale isn't the one who is responsible for Harden's defense (or lack thereof). Honestly, had Harden at least TRIED in the 1st half on defense we would have won this game easily. Also, 3-14 on 3 point attempts....SMH

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

This game is going 6 or 7. Portland will lose a game at home. Both teams are too evenly matched.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So basically...the world is ending and the sky is falling? We obviously have no chance and might as well just forfeit.

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think if u have a chance to win the game you run the clock down and take the final shot like mj and kobe always do.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

When a player like Harden are not attacking the basket throughout the entire game, i blame nobody but the coaches. McFail is a pathetic coach and it's a disgrace to this game. Why the hell you allow Harden to shoot 3 with 40secs left down by 1 pt. Why the hell you let Harden shoot 3 when the game tied up with 3 secs left. Did he not know that Harden is clutch at attacking the basket and drawing foul? Especially when you need just 1 freaking point to win the game...so stupid coaching. I hate this shyt.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

That's no big deal to win a game or two in portland.

18. cuddie

cuddie Member

I haven't posted in a long time but I just want to say one thing in response to your post. Ahem.

You are one of the worst posters on this board, whose entire rep comes from highlight videos and agreeing with tinman. You are reactionary, opinionated (without the requisite knowledge to hold such strong opinions) and undeservedly condescending. You add no meaningful discussion to the board, and we'd all be better off without you.

Good day.

2 people like this.
  19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The anxiety of a potential first round exit and being labeled choke city again is pretty stressful.

20. chandlerbang21

Harden only scores from front of rim when shooting 3's And driving the paint. His mids are all step back jumpers. It's frustrating watching him be a ballstopper just to play iso ball. I hope he adds something to his game this summer because being CLUTCH means your team isn't fiid enough to keep a lead at the end of games