1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "I am the best player in the league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Oct 6, 2015.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Too dang funny. Perfect retort.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

You would think this dude was setting the league on fire averaging 30 points 10 assists. Give me Westbrook over this dude every day.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't know if Harden is the best player in the league but I certainly know he's one of the most ball hogger players in the league.

To be the best in the league, some keys ingredients are necessary:
    1. Offense - check
    2. Defense - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    3. IQ - fair
    4. Rebound - check
    5. Pass - check
    6. Dribbling - check
    7. Post up - fair

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Other than the fact that it sounds like something a 15 year old girl would retort with (or Tracy McGrady that one time, unfortunately), I mean, yeah.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not sure what I'm reading. Harden averaged 7 assists last year.

1 person likes this.
  6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Tied for 8th in assists last season -- other than Lebron, the only non-PG in the top 10. But one of the league's biggest ball hogs. Right, okay.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

How is his IQ just "fair"?

There is a reason why Harden can dominate this league without being seemingly explosive or playing very explosive.

No one taught Harden to limit his mid range shots and focus on driving to the basket and shooting 3s, that was something he did even in his OKC days (and in his rookie season). Harden knew how to score efficiently the moment he came in this league.

Also, no one in this league baits out defenders as well as Harden.

Harden is easily one of the smarter basketball players in this league.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

LeBron is the best player...

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Harden can say whatever he wants

after he wins us a ring

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bovada has LeBron James, Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant as the favorites to win the MVP followed by Stephen Curry.</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/654341271713021952">October 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Did you even watch a Rocket's game last season?

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I wonder if Adidas will flood us with James Harden commercials like UA did dirh Curry.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The thing that urks me most when the media or fans speak about rockets being injured is they only know about Bevs situation (even skip and sa) which is ridiculious.

-Dwight missed a good chunk of the season
    -Harden stepped up and gave us a great spot
    -Dmo is done (most important injury in the playoffs for us if not all season)
    -Bev of course who guards the back court.

This is why Harden deserved it. Lbj and Harden had less energy obviously to face a perfect season all around for GS. Its not Gs fault this happened but what it does mean is that they really didn't prove they are the best, but instead had a paved road.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No excuses. GS was the best. Did things mostly go their way? Yes, but they didn't luck their way to nearly 70 wins and an NBA Championship.

Now let's see what happens this season. I don't expect the same win total as last season or as easy a playoff run as they had but they are still the favorites to win it all.

15. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

You mean wins himself a ring and gives you the right to gloat to opposing fans and bask in his (and the Rockets) glory.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can you list down who were better than harden last year?

17. Mr Chuck Norris

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I don't believe they are the favs to win it, cavs and sa are ahead of them.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Local radio reported Harden cried after the POR series and again after GS.

#passion

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The Anthony Davis hype is disgusting he's a great player but I don't think he's top 3 like everyone keeps saying. I don't even know if he really should be top 5 in all honesty. This guy hasn't won a single playoff game yet led his team to 45 wins, his team actually performed just as well with him out of the lineup due to Injuries.

If you watched his playoffs series against GSW he struggled a lot in the 4th quarters because he doesn't have a very refined offensive game yet. He was trying to use his athletism and overwhelm the defense and it largely resulted in a lot of awkward shot attempts that didn't come close.

I love his potential but I feel ppl and media are propping this guy up to be the best big man ever it seems. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't see him becoming better than Kevin Garnet let alone tim Duncan. I feel KG is getting overlooked in the best pf discussion dude put up 22/12/5/2 for 5-6 straight seasons. If Davis can be KG I'll be very impressed because to me that's who he reminds me of.