1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden:"I’ve ..started that recruiting process"...Who will he ask to join the Rox?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Dec 6, 2012.

1. jocar

jocar Member

"James Harden Already Recruiting Other Stars to Join Him in Houston"

James Harden, unquestionably, is “the man” in Houston. But he has come to the very quick realization that he can’t do it all alone — Harden says that he is actively recruiting other star NBA players to join him on the Rockets. Per KGOW in Houston (via SRI): “Have there been any challenges going from Sixth Man of the Year last year into an every-night starter? ‘It’s a lot different. Coming off the bench with authority and then having a lot more opportunity, having a lot more shots and the ball in my hands a lot more, so it’s something I’m still trying to get used to and adjusted to, but it feels good.’ As a top player now do you recruit players to come play in Houston with you? ‘Of course. I’ve been starting that recruiting process. One player is not going to win a championship. Nowadays you need two or maybe more. I’ve definitely started the recruiting process. We need more guys to come over here, so we can win. For right now we are going to stick with the players we have and try to run with that.’”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...ecruiting-other-stars-to-join-him-in-houston/

December 6, 2012 – 9:30 am by Steven Cuce

"James Harden is settling into life in Houston and he’s been an absolute monster for the Rockets. Harden was averaging 23.6 points and 5.4 assists per game heading into Wednesday night’s action.

The former Oklahoma City guard is now adjusting to being the main man on his new team, but explains in the following interview that it takes more than one player to win an NBA Championship.

James Harden joined KGOW in Houston with Clanton and Wessling to discuss feeling comfortable with the Houston Rockets, the Rockets traveling to see head coach Kevin McHale during his daughter’s funeral, playing alongside Jeremy Lin, adjusting to being an everyday starter and recruiting free agents to come to Houston.

How do you feel now with the Rockets after about 15 games? Are you settled in?

“Oh yeah. I think our chemistry is definitely building every single day between the practices and the games, so I think a few more weeks and we’ll be together on the same page a lot of times, but it’s going pretty well.”

What was it like going to see your head coach Kevin McHale at the funeral after his daughter passed away?

“You know what? I think we wanted to go support him. I think it’s a tough time for him and his family. I think we are a part of his family as well, and we wanted to go there and support him and show him that we were there for him. I know he needed us a lot. We were there for him and he was going through a tough time. I think it was a tough thing to do.”

What’s it like playing with Jeremy Lin?

“He’s done a great job. It’s his first year, too, as a starting point guard, and starting the year off as a point guard, so we both have a lot to learn together. He’s a great player. He can create on the ball and shoot the ball as well. He’s a great point guard.”

Have there been any challenges going from Sixth Man of the Year last year into an every-night starter?

“It’s a lot different. Coming off the bench with authority and then having a lot more opportunity, having a lot more shots and the ball in my hands a lot more, so it’s something I’m still trying to get used to and adjusted to, but it feels good.”

As a top player now do you recruit players to come play in Houston with you?

“Of course. I’ve been starting that recruiting process. One player is not going to win a championship. Nowadays you need two or maybe more. I’ve definitely started the recruiting process. We need more guys to come over here, so we can win. For right now we are going to stick with the players we have and try to run with that.”"

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/12/06/james-harden-houston-rockets-superstar-jeremy-lin-nba/

Harden on Yahoo Sports (mp3 file)... http://www.1560thegame.com/mp3/files/harden.mp3

He doesn't say, who he's trying to recruit to the Rockets....
    I'm really curious to know which friends or ex-teammates of his do y'all know of are available, or which of them do you think would be willing to leave their current teams and join him here in Houston?

The only recruitable friends of Harden's that I'm aware of are Avi Alvarado and Jenna Shea, but both seem way overpriced and don't play any D, just Oh.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

AWESOME

3. 757

757 Member

Hopefully Chris Paul

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Naw, let's tell it like it is. He's promoting the strip clubs.;)

5. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this. I read this earlier and was thinking of starting a similar thread but was busy watching the games on TV :)

The only person I can think of now is Chris Paul. I'd be interested in knowing who he's after too.

Interesting quote from Harden: "One player is not going to win a championship. Nowadays you need two or maybe more." So he counted himself as one, and no one else on the team qualifies...lol... Great teammate you are James, great teammate!

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Harden should promise potential recruits that they will get discount off on Hakeem lessons.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

And so it begins... Nice!

8. Possum

Possum Member

Josh Smith. He is the perfect fit for this team.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Does he have an iPad?

1 person likes this.
  10. AFS

AFS Member

[​IMG]

A man can dream.

1 person likes this.
  11. everyday eddie

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

KD and Westbrook

13. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I don't like this dream. I LOVE it.

1 person likes this.
  14. SK34

SK34 Member

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

This is what I like to hear! Now that we have our super star let's start attracting others to Houston.

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

possible DeAndre Jordan? he is from houston anyway...

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. skyline07

skyline07 Member

LAWLZOARS

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

KD yes yes yes

WB no no no lol

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Perfect fit in this offense plus he can rebound.