1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Hate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MisterMister, May 31, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Not offended just pointed out the truth, this is a forum after-all and I have fun pointing out people's bull****.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL then we should say "delusional" players' MVP

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You misunderstand my point... I'm not saying any 1 guy is a better facilitator than harden... I'm talking about more guys getting involved and hopefully getting in a rhythm - as opposed to just watching harden. As a team, I don't feel the Rockets utilize their personnel to their full potential. We need to quit putting all of eggs into the Harden basket and play as a team.
    I believe this certainly would have kept D12 more engaged... Maybe Ariza doesn't throw up as many clankers if he's more involved throughout the course of the game... Bev shot 40% from the arc - maybe he should have gotten more shots...
    Just because Harden is your best option, doesn't mean he should be the option to the extent he is. Play as a TEAM and win or lose as a team, but you have to get everyone involved and engaged on both ends of the court on an ongoing basis - and let the chips fall where they may...

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You are missing the total point. Harden does it because he is the ONLY one on our team who can, not because he's the because. Unless you are in favor of Dwight never setting pick or screens and going to him to run the offense through the post.

5. kjayp

I'm not saying Harden is not a very good player...he is, and if he applied himself on an ongoing basis, he would be a great player.

As you mentioned, he is flawed and I also wish he was held accountable... Until such as a time as he shows the devotion to the game that guys like Kobe, MJ and others have had, i think he needs to stop talking about how he is "the best player in the league" and folks on this board need to stop ballyhooing him as the top 5 or 6 sg of all time (smh)

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Fixed..

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I thought nba players themselves already crowned him as best player in the league?

Can you quote anyone here who said 5th best sg of all time?

8. kjayp

I'm sorry but I'm not good at sorting through the archives, but there was a whole thread a few months ago... iirc people were debating whether James was like 5th or 6th all time for shooting guards... people were placing him right before or after Drexler... which I found to be ludicrous... I'll make another run at it and see if I can find it...

9. Drogba

Drogba Member

If Harden played as terribly as Curry did tonight would we have been up by 20 or down by 20? We all know the answer to that & it's why I'll never be critical of him until we surround him with the same caliber of teammates his peers possess.