1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Hate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MisterMister, May 31, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will he stay healthy through the darkness of the night

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't hate Harden. I just want him to make better decisions on and off the court.
    Plus he needs a pg.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The media will tell us winning matters for players selected to the All NBA teams but turn around and vote Demarcus Cousins in. This blunder should call for a change in the voting. The media does not deserve the vote. Similar to fans, they are spectators to the game. The players and former winners of said award(s) should have the ultimate vote. The "media" has to much power in professional sports.

Its true they hate James, I agree about the player's mvp thing, but there's more to it.

4. HookemHorns1250

I've always felt the defensive hate for Harden was well deserved.

However, I thought it was completely laughable that after Curry "Tried" guarding Westbrook and got destroyed, Chuck said that Curry "Doesn't have to play defense. They should hide him on Roberson and just let him rest and focus on offense."

So.... Which is it Chuck? A superstar can take breaks on D and play only offense? Or they have to play both?

Harden will never be a good one on one defender. Team defense however are two completely different things. It's about being at the right spot at the right time. That's something you can't teach, it's up to the player to decide if he wants to actually move around on D.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Harden comes off as an aloof narcissistic ass... and people wonder why the media isn't fawning over him?

If you're ESPN, the NBA or anybody with a dog in this fight... would you rather show Steph, his wife and cute kid - or Harden with his stripper/skank du jour?

Steph jumping around highfiving his teammates or Harden pushing off DMo after a potentially game winning shot and apathetically walking away?

The guy who sets the record for 3's - or the guy who sets the record for turnovers?

The person who won the MVP and still worked his game in the offseason - or the runner up who came in overweight, out of shape - and denied it? (PS spare me the ankle injury excuse - he could still eat right and come in at a proper weight regardless...)

Most of the greats were obstinate sob's - Kobe, MJ, Bird... but at least they won something before being an ass...

Curry is annoying as hell... but at least when he's asked a question during an interview, he doesn't tilt his head, roll his eyes and walk away....

You reap what you sow... and james harden's chickens have come home to roost!

and inkeeping with the Mr Mister motif... Well James Harden - Welcome to the real world! Now shave that scraggly ass rats nest you got growin on your face and go play some D, you self entitled prima donna!

#25 kjayp, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So take Harden under D'Antoni's wings
    And the Rockets will fly again, Harden will be so free
    When we hear that offense sing
    The driving lanes will open up
    And the ball will go in
    Yeah, yeah

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

People hate on Harden for no reason it's obvious his haters don't watch the games. He can't play defense because he gives it his ALL on the offensive end. Have any of his haters attempted what Harden does on a daily basis and still provide lockdown defense? I think NOT

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

LMAO! I just provided a laundry list of reasons for harden hate... but OK, I'll play....

Have any of the Lin haters ever been asian trying to play in a predominantly african american sport? I think NOT!

Have any of the D12 haters ever been one of the highest FG%s in history and still only been given less than 9 shots a game while averaging over 32 mins? I think NOT!

Have any of the Corey Brewer haters ever been coached by JBB who kept putting them in the game even though they suck? I think NOT!

LOL....

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Get some sleep.

1 person likes this.
  11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

And yet the prima donna this season was still better than the majority of players on this year's all star team, all three all-nba teams, and both all defense teams.

But he's an aloof person who had a terrible off season and worked himself into shape so it all cancels out, right?

Some people are just over dramatic lol.

1 person likes this.
  12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

People hate on Harden bc he's a classic case of wasted all-world talent. If he had the work ethic to match his talent, resulting in improvements to his game, he'd be in the discussion of all-time greats. Instead, it seems like he doesn't want to be that guy. People here think he can flip a switch, but it'll never happen. He is who he is.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he'll turn a corner.

1 person likes this.
  14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Everybody has their preference. I dont hate on 2nd round draft picks that arent good, because they're 2nd round draft picks for a reason.

I cant stand a player tbat doesnt try and play defense, arent team players, and has an ego that puts him above the team (like not getting on the team plane together with the team)

Even one as talented as Harden.

But if gets his act together and becomes a team player, there would be no haters around.

15. MistaK

MistaK Member

See this is what is wrong wrong with this site. You hear a rumour or report, leave out a part of it, that gives some insight into the reasons why and on top of it you change a tiny fact, that makes the story sound worse.

Now you have people that will run with what you said, probably change it some more to fit their narrative and the story gets a life of its own, gets bigger than it needs to be and ends up being very different from what was initially reported....

First of all: Harden, as was reported, did not always travel with the team, because he wanted to be at the arena at a certain time and sometimes team busses arrived later than when he wanted to be at the arena. Also, there have been plenty of other people, who did not stay with the team at the hotel or who did not travel with the team to the arena in the past. Harden isn't the first and won't be the last to do so.

Secondly: He did fly with the team (he ain't Royce White), he only sometimes chose not to take the team bus. Big difference there.

Thirdly: Why does not taking the bus at times mean that he has a big ego? Again, it was reported, that he wanted to be at the Arena at a particular time. You know, lots of basketball players are creatures of habit. They got their routine pre-game.

I just don't think that this is a big issue at all. Not saying it is right or wrong what he did, but at least get your facts right, put your statement in context and mention the reasons why.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL at the haters here

Cares about what hardens doin off the court

Harden doesn't play defense. In all plays last year, how many percent of it did he not play defense? Pretty sure it's consistent with the average of top 20 stars in the league

Guy single handedly takes rockets from mediocre to contender and everyone here cries as if they want their 2 Jeremy's back

If gonna hate, hate morey for not being able get a good coach and surround harden with players like how GSW, Cavs, and OKC did

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Pretty much. The organization had a disastrous off season last year and compounded it by panicking in the beginning of the year. But hey no one wants to hear that.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Every Superstar player will have their diehard followers who believe they can't do not wrong. And they will have their share of haters who jumps at the chance to talk said player down. Finally you have that even keel fan who actually talks about the good and bad of said player. That type of fan will be misunderstood by both the diehard fan and the hater.

I'm a even keel fan of Harden. Love his game but can't stand the fact that he just refuse to give it his all on the defensive end. He doesn't have to be elite in that area, just take a little more serious than you do.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Exactly, I loved him in 2014-15 and thought he'd be the second best rocket ever.

I hated that he got fat and barely cared last year.

But to some that's being a "hater"

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Lulz.

I don't buy this excuse either. If you're doing "so much on offense" that you can't play a well-rounded game, you're doing it wrong. Probably not going to win much.