1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden frustrated and mad after game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Give it up we know your gimmick. You don’t not know **** about basketball don’t watch the Rockets and it’s obvious to everyone.
    Keep watching old 90s VHS tapes and taking about “I have higher expectations”

King1 and Rocket River like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

The casual fan who doesn't know that much just sees those one or two plays every game where Harden knows he's beat and doesn't pick up a cheap foul reaching when it's too late. Or when Harden is careful so he doesn't get in foul trouble, knowing that allowing a single opposition bucket is a good trade for him not having to sit on the bench when his team needs him.

I can't imagine, though, how @DaDakota somehow missed the exceptional post defense Harden has played all year, and how he's among the league leaders in steals. Last night, just that one hard-fought key rebound in a crucial situation, when his team is sucking at getting rebounds, was mind-blowing. A guy who scores almost 60 points and is right under the basket desperately wrestling with bigs for the ball? And DD's big takeaway is that he doesn't play defense?

[​IMG]

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

AWWWW.... the shoe fits.

Like a casual fan you point to rebounding and in rhythm missed shots..... sit down and let the adults discuss.

4. Blurr#7

Not like we they scored 60 points in the paint right? Tell you what this “casual fan” will take you to a game in my season ticket seats lower lever. I’ll buy you a beer/Zima and teach a few things. Bring your crayons and notebook to take notes.

deb4rockets, hakeem94 and bilaal14 like this.
  5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Its a date then.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Blurr#7

I’ll tell your mom I’m picking you up.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

CCity Zero, bilaal14 and Blurr#7 like this.
  8. Blurr#7

Well see how it goes *wink* *wink*

mikol13 and topfive like this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

people need to stop saying stuff like "letting them walk"......if those players wanted to be a Rocket, they would have stayed

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

His teammates all shot like garbage this game. Harden has to do everything himself and EG just got injured AGAIN. Morey refuses to get him any help through trades. There are plenty of targets out there if you offer picks but apparently our gameplan is to run Harden into the ground.

If Harden suffers a season ending injury from doing this, Morey should be fired.

Stormy1234 and Blurr#7 like this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

There are quite a few competitive teams on that list. People go crazy over a loss, it's the NBA you can't win them all. We had players out and a game goes for 48 minutes or more and you need to play the game right to the end. Spencer Dinwiddie caught fire, it happens

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Except he is averaging near 9 assists a game this season.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardeja01.html

upload_2019-1-17_14-40-56.png

While still holding about the same averages in FG and 3p FG percentages he has throughout his career.

You can't put everything on Harden when we're playing; 10 day contract guys 24 minutes in their first game with the team, a rookie 2nd round pick starter another 23 minutes that goes 0-5, and another guy that was signed off the streets last season for 40 minutes that ended the game going 5-15...

I guess all those stats are excluded if you fixate on just one more role player that was signed after being waived by not ONE but TWO teams this season.

Also, you all weren't complaining when he dropped 50+ on the Grizzlies. Because we actually finished that team off, the way we should of with the Nets last night.... if the entire team had their sh** together.

Richie_Rich, BMoney, Blurr#7 and 3 others like this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If I were in his shoes I'd want to punch whoever was the problem in the face. Its either Murray or Fartman , one of them has an ass whoopin coming.

pippendagimp and BamBam like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Are we watching the same guy leading the same bunch of dudes from the YMCA against NBA players ?! I don't think so ….

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

We have 10 games before the trade deadline. Making deals now would seem weaker and GMs would want more in return, even for guys they have no plans for. Morey's dilemma is whether to trade now from a point of weakness, or hold off another two weeks until everyone starts trading.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The knee jerk is so strong.

The rotation we used and style we played got us to the situation where over the last 20 years we had gone 682-0.

A miracle barrage of 3s were needed to beat us.

17. wesbound

wesbound Member

It's quiet maddening to hear all these r****ds on post calling harden ball hog, shooting 30+ shots, doesn't pass the ball, shooting 5/17 threes, etc.
    None of these morons that comments actually watch the game.
    - Harden doesn't avg 30 fga
    - Harden is 4th in assist
    - 3 point shots = Rockets 2 pt shots
    - 2 point shots = layup & dunks only
    - harden is playing w/ a bunch of nobody

The list goes on.. i would never chime in before doing my own lil research on a topic or a player.. these ppl are just ****ing pathetic

Rocket River and vlaurelio like this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True story. Here's another true story. If James had just missed 12 3's instead of 14 we would have won. Paint the picture how you want.

hakeem94 and YOLO like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol we lost despite of harden not because of

BMoney, Rocket River and topfive like this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden was 17 of 69 3's in the games we lost. Calling people r****ds doesn't dispute the facts. Just because you take the most shots in the NBA doesn't mean it's always rhe smartest move. I wonder if you even watched these games, where Rivers was shooting .454 and James at .246. Getting all the points doesn't tell the full story. If taking more shots than anyone in the NBA in both FGA and in 3PT attempts doesn't make you a ball hog than nothing does. If ignoring the fact that you are shooting well below your teammate from behind the arc but continue taking twice as many 3's as him is a smart move to you, then I just have to laugh at who is blinded by bias here.