1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden frustrated and mad after game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jan 17, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just nah.

If you call this season brilliant, then last season was out of this multiverse.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Both can be brilliant.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Quantity >>>>> Quality

Blurr#7 likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the problem I have with him trying to do it all. Sure, he is our best player, but he forces too many shots instead of feeding his teammates more. Sure, he may get 50+ points, but that does not necessarily help us get the win. People say they feel sorry for him all the time, but sometimes I feel sorry for the guys around him as well, especially when they are shooting hot and he isn't from behind the arc. In the last 4 games we lost James took 69 shots from behind the arc and made 17. That is .246, yet he still took over 17 shots per game. What if he had simply fed a few of those to the guys who weren't pressed and double covered? In those 4 losses Rivers was shooting at .454 from behind the arc and PJ and Green were both averaging better than James as well. We lost those games by 3, 7, 7, and 9 points.

James was 17 of 69 and Rivers was 15 of 33. You do the math. If Rivers had taken 69 shots we would not have lost all those games. I don't feel sorry for James. He is great, but trying to do it all isn't necessarily the best or smartest way to win games. It just makes him look good in the record books.

Little Bit, hakeem94 and bilaal14 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

James should be. These guys are getting paid too. You got selfish dudes like House who play well for 1 month and then feel they deserve more money? Cmon man. How long before James cant contain it anymore and starts calling them out? How long before he says '**** all this Im out?" MOst of these scrubs are still in the league all thanks to Harden, he makes these guys better, but yet they cant do **** on their own when Harden is gassed and getting triple teamed. This **** is worse than the Tmac scrub white boy super squad teams.

6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Ofc I was too I’m glad he got upset. Green and tucker gave away our win.
    Also Harden a bit but what else can u ask of him if he is doing everything to keep us up or keep us in the game. I hate games where no one else can else Harden by making their shots. Especially freethrows and open wide open 3s.

I’m glad he is mad or upset. We had that game and Harden had an good game and it all went to waste bcoz we lost.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

THIS!!!

Most people won't get this as their basketball IQ isn't on that level yet.

But for him to take his game to a even higher level, he needs to understand this and play accordingly.

Is scary thinking about that... that Harden can even get to another level. WOW.

hakeem94, DaDakota and deb4rockets like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That is simply not true. James is 17 of 69 from behind the arc in the last 4 losses and Rivers 13 of 33. James isn't even close. You may say, well he is double covered, and I will say, then feed the guy who isn't instead of pressing shots.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are you even a Rockets fan tho?

You only seem to come to complain. . . .

Rocket River

Richie_Rich, CCity Zero and King1 like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We only lost by 3 points. How did they give it away? Was it because they missed shots in overtime? Yes, you could say that, but Green was 5-15 from behind the arc, Tucker was 3-6, and James was 5-19. Maybe if Tucker had taken 19 3's we won this game. After all, he can shoot without all the double coverage James has. Maybe if Green took 4 more 3's we won this game. Blaming them is just wrong.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I do feel bad for Harden, in a way. He doesn't get any help. And the Rockets are going nowhere until he does.

It's interesting to think that since about 2000, the organization has been very good at getting the star/franchise player, but abysmal at getting that star player some help.

Look at all the players that we thought would help: Stromile Swift, Bonzi Wells, Ty Lawson, Carmelo Anthony .... :(

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Who is Harden's target?
    Tucker plays 42 minutes
    Green plays 41 minutes
    Gordon is not 100%.
    Clark and Chriss were trash last night. What is the reason to blame them?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't care about outscoring a few opponents in the regular season, I am a much bigger picture guy, our lack of defense will stop this team from being all it could be.

Some folks can see it, some can't ....

DD

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

When he fouled Allen and gave them an extra point on the free throw. Green didn’t need to foul. Allen has an easy layup there was no point on fouling him. Then tucker missing freethrows he missed like 3 freethrows. We were up before this. Then tucker fouling on a drive and they get and 1.
    If Green hadn’t fouled we would have been tied instead of down 1. If pj tucker hadn’t missed we would have been up by 3 or at least if he had made 1 we wouldn’t have been down.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

meh. going into the season with melo and ennis and MCW playing big roles. Letting Luc walk...

I think it was obvious that our depth was less and our defense was less. and i just think that was apparent going into the season. and as it's turned out, that's where we are vulnerable.

Also ...it's not like you have to be Nostradamus to know that Chris Paul was gonna get hurt again (and probably again this year after he comes back). So you prepare for that. you build your roster accordingly. you can't blame injuries for poor performance when you know they are inevitable.

if Harden isn't playing hero-out of his mind-basketball, we are just an average team in the west. Harden is having his best year and we are wasting it because we were not prepared from the get go. I'm sorry, but i do blame the front office for some of the systemic problems with the roster. not saying it's easy to build a great roster when huge chunks of the cap are being taken up by max players, but that's the job. i didn't think Morey got the job done this off-season. And now it's gonna be even harder to fill some of those roster gaps.

16. DaDakota

Where is our Draymond Green, or Thompson like defenders??? We were a better TEAM last year, because we had defenders covering for Harden's resting on D....at least that fit.

Now, we don't have that, and we struggle.

DD

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

lets go along with your logic. what about the free throw harden missed before tucker's. if he doesn't miss that, it's a 2 possession game and the rockets are up by 5 instead of 4 before dinwiddie hit's his 2nd 3 in that time span. does that not count apparently

18. DaDakota

Yeah, I just have higher expectations and don't apologize for what is going on.....Harden is amazing on offense - we would be a much better TEAM if he did less on offense and more on defense.

DD

19. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lmao I **** more basketball IQ than you ever had. You don’t seem to understand why we actually lost.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Sure..... while he is busy scoring 45 points in the second half (every single point unassisted), playing 27 of of 29 minutes and setting up almost ever single other bucket the Rockets scored, he will mix in some lock down defense.

Could he maybe detail your car also? How about replace the siding on your house or cook your dinner?

At some point you will realize this isn’t Harden’s fault. He is scoring 35 points a game... if you exclude Wilt, then Harden is .2 points from having the second highest scoring average in a season in NBA history while taking less shots than anyone in the top 10. Harden is 4th in the league is assists, he is now first in minutes and leads the league in almost all advanced statistical categories.

b**** at your owner and GM.