1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Floor / Ceiling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, May 28, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

But he didn't. He played very well in Game 1, he was fantastic in Game 2 and in Game 4 against GSW. He was terrible in Game 3 and in Game 5.

He has a long way to go, I admit.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This post deserves its own thread.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol ok thats all i need to read. educate yourself about him first before posting

4. scottie brooks

His ceiling is through the roof.

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

He's bumping up against his ceiling right now. A top 5 player who can be the best player on a championship team. His game will age well and should be able to play at this level or close to it until he is about 32 years old. Assuming he takes care of his body and eats right.

6. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

I do watch most games featuring a Southwest Division team and watch a whole lot of Western Conference games. This gives me a pretty good glimpse at a number of Eastern Conference teams as well. His point is pretty spot on. I can't think of any player in the league this year, that is within the range of Harden in terms of ability, that has a similar propensity to play an absolutely awful game.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Would Harden benefit from a post game (like Kobe has)? I think he was clearly gassed last night and several other games (and understandably so). Could having a nice post game allow him to conserve energy?

8. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Harden does all he can and management should know what he can, and can't do up to this point.

There is no reliable #2 SCORING option behind him.

Dwight: Love the man but, his post up game is unreliable
    Ariza: Streaky
    Brewer: Streaky
    Smith: Wildcard

Obviously there are other things Howard does, like rebound, defend, block, but i am generally talking about the scoring burden, and the reliability of it.

When Harden gets take away on the defensive side, the Rockets are screwed. They must pickup a free agent that can make teams pay for doubling on Harden.

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

He definitely would but, i think this is more about such a huge burden being on Harden's shoulders to make all the plays. They need another play maker with great scoring ability

10. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I think the reason for this fallacy is simple: James harden is the rockets. All the teams in the nba are aware that if you stop harden, you stop the rockets. We need someone else to take the ball and pressure out of his hands because we are basically betting on him doing everything for us on offense

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

08-09 season DWade had his best season statistically. While I don't think stats alone tell the whole picture, but for the sake of your education ... He posted the following numbers:

30.2 pts/7.5 asts/5 rebs/ 1.3 blks/2.2 stls/3.4 TO in 38.6 mpg 79 games played

Harden's corresponding number this year

27.4 pts/7.0 asts/5.7 rebs/ 0.7 blks/ 1.9 stls/ 4TO in 36.8 mpg 81 games played

In the 08-09 season, Dwade had Jamine Oneal, Mario Chamers, Haslem, Mark Blunt and others as as running mates, which are pretty much comparable to what Harden had for this year given the ever shifting lineup

The 08-09 Heats finished 43-39 for the regular season at 5th seed and was defeated by the ... Hawks in the first round 4-3

I leave it as your assignment to read a little bit more about Dwade since you never watched Dwade in his prime.

12. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Why is this even a thread

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

so apparently prime dwade's prime is 1 year and after him returning from knee surgery. try again and continue reading

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

DFuq

So what year is DWade's prime?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

is this your first time hearing that prime means over a stretch of time when it comes to basketball?

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Dumazz, are you saying a DWade in a stretch of multiple seasons is the ceiling of Harden can ever be? You have pubic hair yet?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

obviously you have a hard time understanding what prime is. do you think just because someone puts their best stats one year that automatically means thats their prime?

18. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I can't believe the amount of disrespect D wade gets around here. Play a few years with Lebron and people seem to forget how good you were by yourself.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Look, I get you want to say DWade has a ring all that. DWade was a tweener, and the Heats sucked after the Championship year. Those years were DWade's prime, right? You don't think Harden was not at least on par with DWade?

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Why is it surprising ? Especially with the amount of disrespect posters show our own players. Just ignore them