1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden finishes 9th in MVP voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 10, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lowry is a baller. Can't believe our so called great GM asked him to wait for the decision of that perennial loser Melo.

Mediocre Mauri strikes again

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not bad for a backup

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be a nice 2nd option behind DMo

1 person likes this.
  4. Harden's beard

[​IMG]

Lowry is one lucky baller for sure. Five Toronto players have contributed more playoff wins than Lowry, including his backup PG Corey Joseph, but Lowry steals all the spotlight when he occasionally has rare good games. 14.7 PER and 47.5 TS%, yup that's the numbers of a player who carries his team on a nightly basis and got zero help from his teammates.

5. anchel

anchel Member

Biggest mistake by Morey as GM, in my opinion.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kyle Lowry’s 35.7% FG shooting this postseason is the worst in the last 50 postseasons (min. 200 shots). Cavaliers-Raptors, 8:30 ET, ESPN</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/734137458590261250">May 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

You know that Lowry is better than what he's shown in the playoffs. I see your point though that Lowry has been terrible for most of this post season.

I don't get why people are bumping this thread to praise Lowry. Why not praise Patterson who has been playing better than Lowry and is on the Raptors and played for the Rockets lol. Some people are just weirdos.

8. Mr. Clutch

Lowry hasnt shot well in the playoffs but he's still the most important player for the raptors. He's always been a guy who does the little things.

[​IMG]

9. Harden's beard

Net Rating is trash, doesn't take into account who he played against and with. Lowry's numbers are way inflated due to sharing his court time with JV, the true Toronto MVP in this year's playoffs.

10. Harden's beard

Unless you look at RPM, which they don't publish the data for the playoffs, other plus minus metrics are useless. BPM is better than net rating but still has major flaws. Win Shares is probably the best available metric to gauge players' impact in the playoffs, and Lowry is 6th most important player in Toronto by that measure.

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Clutch

And by rpm , which does, Lowry is #7 in the entire league.

JV is 150

12. Harden's beard

are you dyslexic or what. we're talking about the playoff performance here.

13. Mr. Clutch

My understanding is Rpm is updated for playoffs but it's not separated out

14. Mr. Clutch

Small sample size. Duh

Lowry is by far their best player and a top 10 player in the league

15. Harden's beard

not in the playoffs. JV was their best player before he got injured, and Biyombo is not far behind.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Using ts% which is much better...Since the 1999-2000 NBA playoffs of players who have played 20 plus minutes and played at least 4 games Lowry ranks at #70 with a 39.6% TS%. (The bigger the number the better)

Some intriguing players who ranked worse: Afflalo (#2 & '15), Prince (#11 & '09), Ariza (#17 & '16), Lin (#20 & '13), Beverley (#37 & '16), Crowder (#43 & '16), Parker (#67 & '15), and Millsap (#73 & '12)

Here's the thing though. Lowry at #70 is last season's Lowry lol. This season's Lowry is ranked at #334

Notable players ranked below him: Harrison Barnes (#330 & '16), Walker (#319 & '16), Artest (#315 & '09), T. Thompson (#310 &'16), Rondo (#292 & '09), Kidd (#272 & '06), Pierce (#266 & '04), Derozan (#264 & '15), .. and ok I'm tired of naming ranks and years but here are some other players ranked under that weren't old or rookies

John Wall, Marc Gasol, Al Horford, Jason Kidd again, Steve Nash, Rondo again, Joe Johnson a bunch of times, Iguodala in Philly, Carmelo Anthony, Derozan this season at #181, Kevin Garnett, Jeff Teague, and Ryan Anderson.

Basically, Lowry has been shooting terrrrrrible. God awful. On a "Jesus christ terrible how are you an all star" level of bad. Still there have been much other players who have been regarded as better than Lowry that also have had worse games shooting.

I just think that was a wack stat saying lowry has the lowest FG% since whenever since it doesn't tell everything.

Also.. another thing. I missed it the part of the tweet saying a min. of 200 shots. So I went and looked since the 2000 playoffs, min. played 4 games, at least 200 FGAs, and plus 20 minutes. I'm looking at solely FG% and not ts% in this instance. Lowry is #3. Guess who's number 4?

Damian Lillard from this post season

Lmaooooo. After this game Lowry might jump dude and become #4

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Like their last three wins, one of which being a 7th game.

Toronto is 4-4 without their best player? That covers game 4,5,6,7 of 2nd round and first 4 of ECF. 4 home wins, and 4 away losses playing games against the best competition in the East. They seem to be doing fine considering they are completely missing out on their "best player."

It's so unlucky for Lowry to have to pull out these wins without JV.

18. Harden's beard

That's the definition of stealing the spotlight. Let your teammates do all the dirty work and you only show up at game 7, then boom you're suddenly the hero again. If Lowry played every game like that, it would be reflected in the average stats, he usually has series of bad performances and every once in a while put out one good game to appease the criticisms. It's like a roller coaster ride, even the ESPN commentators noted Lowry has been extremely bipolar in the playoffs, but with more downs than ups.

Besides, DeRozan is playing better than Lowry in the ECF, if anything DeRozan should be the one getting the spotlight, not Lowry.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Harden's beard is again using single numbers stats to prove who's the better player.

20. Harden's beard

and you once again have no concrete proof whatsoever to back up your argument.

My eye-test results are telling me that Corey Joseph has been a better player than Lowry in the playoffs. Can you refute this? It's my eye-test, what are you going to do about it? :)