1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden finishes 9th in MVP voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 10, 2016.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, for real man!!

2. Harden's beard

Lebron is pretty much better in all advanced stats sans win shares.

Kawhi Leonard is no Bill Russell, but doesn't matter since the criteria for selecting MVP was different back then, and dare I say even Bill Russell is somewhat overrated. It's just not my personal opinion, even though he has like 11 rings, the latest ESPN player ranking had him at all time #7, which is probably the lowest I've ever seen. Played in an era when there were like only 8 teams in total, the Celtics were super stacked, and his FG% was below league average, which is very unusual for a center.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So in his 4 years as a Rocket he has finished 8th, 5th, 2nd and 9th in MVP voting.

Freaking bum.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not saying he's better, but TS%, ORtg, DTrg, defensive real plus minus and defensive box plus minus

5. eslate22

eslate22 Member

this!

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When Curry wins Player MVP watch the reaction. So many people that made fun of the award last year will just proudly add it to Curry's list of accomplishments.

7. Pete the Cheat

but you forgot to mention strippers, A1 sauce or being fat! better mention one of the above or REEKO_PolloYOLO will come at you with some hot takes. the hydra has many heads

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9th place?

no MVP playoff seed

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget his ankle is the single-most important reason why we played so poorly this year. So Harden clearly also has the Most Valuable Ankle. ;)

[​IMG]

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Only players to be voted top 10 in the MVP voting in each of last 4 years.

Lebron James
    Chris Paul
    James "fat, stat padding cancer" Harden

1 person likes this.
  11. dje243

dje243 Member

Oh yeah because I totally implied that Harden was snubbed when I stated that he wasn't even close to the MVP in the first sentence of my post. Also clearly claimed media conspiracy when I never mentioned the media even once. Your ability to use context clues and read between the lines is impressive. :p

1 person likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks. :grin:

13. CCM721

CCM721 Member

The amount of hate for Harden on this board is absolutely hilarious. Some of the people hating on him ruthlessly now were the same ones groveling at his feet last year when he led us to the WCF. I hope those of you this applies to realize how pathetic you are. Guess what? Harden didn't play much differently than last year, the supporting cast though? Absolutely putrid. Harden is the best thing to happen to this franchise in the last 10 years, and any level of success achieved in the last 4 years is almost entirely due to him. You'd think after the post-Yao era people on this board wouldn't take a superstar for granted, maybe they'll realize how stupid they are when he's a hall of famer for the Lakers.

1 person likes this.
  14. RESINator

RESINator Member

Careful you might rile up some Harden only fans here like ccm721

1 person likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I also wish for a better team and better star players

Boom da mic

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Are you serious?

Do you know how many "x players in the last y yrs" stats you could come up with Gilbert Arenas? All you have to do is combine a number of independent statistical categories in series.

When the results don't match your assertions, the point is to try and understand why, not warp reality.

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

9th place seems about right. Honestly, I had him lower.

I had curry, kawhi, lebron, Durant, paul, Green, Thompson, Lowry, Aldridge, and Westbrook all higher than him.

They all played great and we're all huge to their team's success. The Rockets had zero team success. Just an awful put together team.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think its fair to put Thompson above Harden. Thompson benefits off of the attention that Curry draws from the defense and is relegated to shooting comfotable jumpers all game. While we had an awful year, Harden was still a big piece of our offense and the focal point of the opposing defense every night.
    In that sense, he was clearly more valuable.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Awful in comparison to who? lol. You guys sound so spoiled sometimes.

20. BackdoorHarden

TMAC is still making fun of Curry.

Curry still mad about Harden winning Players' MVP.

Mentioned the talk about "how lucky he was to win the MVP" and that really motivated him