1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Harden's "brothers" are in OKC _ I don't think he ever gave a flip about those dudes.

I have no problem with what he said but his mouth just wrote a check and he's gonna have to cash it...

2. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Please tell me who on the team has any right to be upset with what he said or to argue with him?

CLEARLY everyone else on the team IS a role player.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

BOOM!

[​IMG]

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He's simply backing up his GM and the FO's moves this offseason so far.

You want him to throw Morey and Les under the bus. Of course not.

The salaries we're signing players to show that they are role players. Important role players, yes, but no way, are they stars.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Last year he was talking about the team getting better as they play together in the system. Guess he decided that didn't make a difference after all, just need some warm bodies.

6. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

You don't know if this is causing issues in the locker room?? You are assuming the players are sensitive as you are to this. You are talking about it hurts chemistry.....where? in your make believe world? I'm not trying to be rude, but you can't create a scenario in your head based off what he said and believe it. What he said was true...he plays basketball for a living and that's a locker room....not the workforce with HR, water coolers and cubicles. It's not a big deal......THEY ARE ROLE PLAYERS, I'm pretty certain they know that they are.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Donuts is a European, probably the last person to be like that.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sources:Joey Dorsey is on kayak.com looking for flights back to Europe.

He thought he was gonna be a star.

:(

9. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Harden does know that it was him that didn't show up this year in the playoffs right? Dwight is the real cornerstone, Harden is just a rather shiny roleplayer.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's like Lance Zierlein said. The writing was always on the wall with Chandler.

He just had too much Dallas Dbag in him not to defect. We all know this for a fact, yet we refused to admit it while he was on our team.

11. autoprt

autoprt Member

i just wish for now the rockets stay low key until season starts then let their record speak for itself.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, that's probably not the friendliest thing to say, but it's not inaccurate.

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

On the other hand, Jason Friedman said there were locker room issues last year. How's this going to help?

14. houtown

houtown Member

Its true in a way. I don't know about the term "role players," but this team lives and dies based on Harden and Dwight.

15. sjackson0

lolol when he put them wack ass jeans on for that bootleg commercial...we all knew he was too Dallas

[​IMG]

This is just TOO Dallas for my eyes fellas

16. Trip

Trip Member

We don't like it when role players try to overplay their roles and do too much, so what's the harm here? I'm sure that Dorsey or Ish Smith didn't sign here expecting to play 40 minutes a night and take 20 shots. If any of the guys did think that, then perhaps they would do more harm than good anyways.

Chill out everyone, Harden didn't mean to degrade any of his current teammates with that comment and there's no need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

17. sjackson0

What were the locker room issues? you remember? Now Harden pretty much saying that the responsibly to win lies on himself and Dwight while taking the pressure off the rest of team is a problem?

I'm gona let it rest because I'm not here to change anyone's mind. believe what ya'll want to. lol

18. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

cfansnet, think the analogy you are looking for is more like a Captain saying his NCOs are role players.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Harden manning up. I love it.

20. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It was a pretty gentle comment, but It was Jason Friedman... I was suprised as crap he said anything at all.

"...[Parsons] a valuable voice in a locker room that wasn’t always on the same page a year ago..."