1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sure. This is in fact the most important thing to the Rockets' future. I just would not bet on it happening.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Parsons was terrible on D himself.

Ariza at 8M > Parsons at 15-16M

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Morey: "So I've got this offense where you can just jack 3s"
    Harden: "Nice Maury tell me more"
    Parsons: "Hi Guys-"
    Harden: "Shut up Parson"

got a feeling theres bad blood.

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I think you underestimate this year's bench and overestimate last year's bench. Lin and Asik were good but were very underwhelming. This year's bench will be decent, Canaan and DMo have looked better and better. Daniels did great in the playoffs and can hopefully maintain that. Nick Johnson is young but he seems like a hard worker, a hustler, and a good finisher. Not bad for a rookie coming off the bench. Dorsey and Adrien are actually pretty decent players. Their rebounding and defensive numbers are very similar to Asik in Chicago numbers and I think they can make up Asik's contributions.

I think the bench is fine. We just need a back up 3.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Ever since his rookie season he was atrocious, surprising cause thats what got him on the floor over budinger

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Aside from being less than tactful, what is wrong with Harden's statement? Until proven otherwise by Patrick Beverley, Trevor Ariza, Troy Daniels, DMo, Terrance Jones, etc. everyone not named Dwight Howard or James Harden are role players.

Chandler Parsons can be butthurt all he wants but just because you're making more than James Harden doesn't mean you're on the same talent level as James Harden.

"Think before you speak"

:rolleyes: Didn't they teach him anything in male modeling school, Chandler? You're supposed to walk and stay quiet.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Parsons has some balls posting that, given the bombs he's dropped before, one of which just came within the last few weeks.

8. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I think the key word in his statement was that the bench "will" be better. The season doesn't start for quite some time, and we will make the moves we need to get a better bench.

It's not like we're really going to miss Casspi and Garcia. Asik didn't play enough last year to really have much of an impact, and I'm confident Canaan or Nick Johnson can give us the same help off the bench.

That 's before we even make any moves. We will be fine.

1 person likes this.
  9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Hes a piece of shhhh... I better not say it. Just got back from being suspended for criticizing Mchale. Then we got put out of the first round. Looks like I was right after all.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets - Mavs opening night please at TC!!

11. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Someone tell CP to worry about his old, decrepit team and to stop talking about the Rockets.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I don't think anything was wrong with what was said.

I wouldn't say there's beef between HH and CP, but I think they feel a little disrespected about how parsons did everything behind everyones back and how he went about everything. Like signing the contract out the blue, and IMMEDIATELY taking down his rockets attire off his twitter, going to the club with cuban, posting all these photos about Dalllas and how ready he is to be there all before he was even signed there.

That's why we shouldn't have matched him even if we got bosh, he didn't want to be here he made it clear by the way he handled the situation, which If i was harden or howard, i would feel disrespected.

Nothing to get bent out of shape over though. Harden and howard are both key elements. Maybe he shouldn't have came out and said it, but who can argue that its not true? Just something that shouldn't be blown up or put out of proportion.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yes, please.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Has this interview been posted?
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Parsons: &quot;If anybody should understand it's James, since he was in same situation in OKC then he got the chance to come to HOU and shine.&quot;</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/492384628943380480">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

[​IMG]

One had a 21.1 PER as a 6th man coming off the bench averaging almost 17 points per game on 49% shooting

One hasn't even had a PER higher than 16 despite starting the past two seasons.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

17. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

That's comical. The only difference chandler is that one player was the primary ball handler on a team that went to the finals. The other got outplayed by Batum in the first round

18. htown1984

htown1984 Member

So Parson's now thinks hes this superstar.. this guy needs to get off his high horse- seriously.. just shut your mouth and get it over with. Your in Dallas now. Noone in Houston likes you anymore-

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

[​IMG]