1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Morey treats his teammates like assets.

2. amaru

amaru Member

Some things are better left unsaid.

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Good. I wanted to hear from the other guy that mattered. I just did.

Let the Games begin. I'm stoked for crazy Rockets action already.

There are words to back up here.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The team should know their play. Stop blowing this out of proportion. If they are offended, they can go play for the Mavs.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Don't need to hear it, just need to see it.

6. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I like this. I mean, he could have come out and said something along the lines of "We aren't title contenders" or "We took a step back this offseason" and he wouldn't be too far off... I'm glad he sees himself as the franchise player, this is his and Dwight's team. They need to come out this season fired up and ready to beat the sh** out of the western conference. Prove everyone wrong.

7. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

This is the right attitude to have. If Harden and Howard activate beast mode and this team makes a commitment to defense, they could win 60 games this year and set themselves up for a very deep run in the post season.

The team still needs to add some playmaking ability for when Harden rests, but they have the tools available to do just that.

I like the direction the Rockets are moving, and I especially like Harden and Howard's approach.

Everyone in the locker room knows this is Harden and Howard's team. The only person that could be offended by this statement is Parsons, and I stopped caring about his feelings the moment he signed up with the little ponies.

8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

That's kinda messed up, but i think the role players understand their role. Ariza, Beverley, and Jones all understand they're complimentary pieces to Harden and Dwight and probably won't be offended at all. I'm on the fence with Donuts. I feel like he'll end up being like Parsons where he believes he's better than he is. I hope I'm wrong about that though. and the rest of the guys are just d-leeeeegers and rooks. Canaan, Johnson, Troy, Capela, and Covington are going to enter the season knowing they still have to fight for their spot. The three guys we signed don't seem bad either. I hope they all buy into this being the Dwight and Harden show and not their own show.

But the people we let go probably felt like they were bigger than they actually were.

Lin probably felt like he was capable of being better.. Asik felt like he deserved to start. Which he did, but on another team. and Chandler felt like he was the third star on the team. Three different agendas.

9. ribbit

ribbit Member

Josh Powell was offended.

10. conquistador#11

if you're a leader, you can't say that out to the public. it's bush league. jordan could punch kerr because he was jordan and everything was kept private. Hakeem didn't like sammy because sammy didn't pass him bol but hakeem didn't go public with it. Just another sign that one part of the HH has to do some more maturing for us to go to where no other rockets team since the 90s has gone....past the 2nd round.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

To be fair, he didn't say "just" role players. May seem small, but makes it sound more dismissive.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

13. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Sometimes people forget that Harden is only 24 years old, the same age as Lillard, despite playing in the NBA longer. Yeah, inside voice James.

14. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

The attitude is right, but by saying it out to the public he may have lost respect from other players on the team. The golden rule to leading a team is he first has to treat his mates with respect and importance and in turn they'll return the same. Even Lebron apologizes to Chalmers publicly and privately from time to time. So his heart is in the right place, but was a bad move to speak it out like this.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's right. Big deal.

16. Exel

Exel Member

Ugh, Harden needs to work on his PR skills. Hr could have said something along the lines of "We'll miss those guys and their contributions, but the team, especially Howard and I, will raise our game to compensate for this."

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People are way too sensitive about this. He's being analytical and he's right.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He was taking a stab at Parsons. Who went out with our rival and took pictures in the club... remember?

19. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Stars acting like stars.

We need them to lead the team.

Good for both of them.

Was that uncalled for? In a way yes.

But, they're finally showing their leadership qualities.

Hopefully it will translate in the game as well.

20. Pete the Cheat

I am glad H&H have adopted "cornerstones", as opposed to "it's on me"