1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden/Dragic...would it have worked?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jul 21, 2013.

1. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Lin shot 33.9% from 3 and Dragic shot 31.9%.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lin shot a career high 33.9% was from a season of open looks. Dragic's career low 31.9% was from being the no.1 option on a train wreck of a roster.

3. Reach

Reach Member

It goes both ways. Dragic scored Lin-like stats as the 1st option on his team. Lin produced despite spending most of his time off the ball as a designated role player.

4. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

Can we have this guy
    [​IMG]

and this guy too?

[​IMG]

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

If Goran is the man why did they trade for Eric Bledsoe? Goran was better off the bench.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

No it's not the same problems. Dragic was FEARLESS. He's rose to the challenge and got under player's skin like Westbrook, while Lin looks like a deer in headlights playing like a scared little b*****.

7. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Seriously! Still, what's an ABJ? Is that code for something dirty? hehe

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so Dragic was "FEARLESS" while performing almost exactly the same as Lin....

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hate to defend Lin but Dragic shot 33.7% his last season with the Rockets where he was the 2nd/3rd highest scorer.

10. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Who gives a flying flock of birds if it would have worked or if he is better than JLin. He is not on our current roster. All threads like this one are so stupid.

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Sure, two left handed players could work. It's just rare to have two left handers. As far as Harden/Dragic, it would work fairly well. Dragic isn't the perfect complement, but he's a good enough 3pt shooter it would be fine.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the way I see it is that it would be almost the exact same as what the Rockets currently have so if you think the Rockets backcourt of Lin and Harden is fine, then you should think that Dragic and Harden would also be fine. If you think Lin and Harden aren't a good fit, then Dragic and Harden wouldn't be a good fit.

13. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

The numbers are the numbers. You must have not paid attention in stats class.

14. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Dragic is a career 35% 3pt shooter. That's below average, but not that much. If Lin can hit 35% or better, he should be able to get the job done. If not, it becomes a bit of a problem.

15. alethios

alethios Member

Dragic would stand around during ISO ball just as well as Lin.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was very, very upset when the Rockets let Dragic go. I understand the contractual/money issues, but I wanted to keep him. Not sure we would have done any better last season, but it would have been interesting to see.

17. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

There is another left handed PG who is better than Goran ... Mike Conley! Mike and Harden in the backcourt? That would be awesome!

[​IMG]

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Really rose to the challenge of guiding us into the playoffs in 2011-12. That was so painful. Thats very much on the team as a whole but Dragic was a part of it.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dragic is a good player, but I feel he might have needed the ball more often in his hands than Lin in order to be effective.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7 game meltdown? Guided by the Dragon.