1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden criticizes officiating in Clippers game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

SO....

he choked his way to 5 out of 6 in the 4th quarter. Going 1 of 2 from 3 while making 2/2 from charity (which should have been 6-8 free throws easily) Also grabbing 3 assists while scoring 13 points.???

It’s because he didn’t get rebounds amiright?

Learn to watch the game because harden, while visibly upset and argumentive, did anything (ANYTHING) but choke.

Blind, stupid, biased hate is dumb

Ozzy, Deckard, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

When did this meltdown happen exactly? I want to know where the goalposts are here.

from 10 minutes to go when it was a 3 point game, here is the game log:

Quick Summary:
    Harden has a turnover at 9:41 with 92-89 Clippers lead
    Lou Williams missed a 3, Tucker gets the rebound and Harden makes a layup to cut the lead to 1, 92-91 Clippers
    Lou hits a 3
    Harden makes a 2, 95-93 Clippers
    Lou hits a 3
    Eric Gordon commits a turnover and then a personal foul
    Lou hits a 3 101-93
    Harrell fouls Harden, but no continuation, side out instead
    Eric Gordon misses a 3
    CJ misses a 3
    Ryno hits a 3, assist James Harden 103-96 Clippers
    Dekker hits a dunk
    Harden drives for a layup, 105-98 Clippers
    Ariza steals, dunks 105-100
    Clippers miss shot, Harden called for a foul, Rivers hits two free throws 106-100 Clippers
    Harden hits a step back 3, 106-103 Clippers

We are now at 5 minutes and it's a 6 point game. Since the bad call against Harden he's gone 3-3 from the field for 7 points and an assist with no turnovers

From here the Rockets play hack-a-Jordan.
    Jordan hits both free throws, Harden assists on a 3 to tucker.
    Austin Rivers hits a 3
    Gordon misses a layup, Tucker is fouled for no call on a putback miss and is pissed, Lou misses a layup
    Gordon hits a 3 on a Harden assist 111-109 CLippers (2 point game)
    Tucker gets called for a technical, Rockets play hack-a-Jordon
    Jordan hits both free throws
    Harden is fouled hits both free throws
    Rivers hits a 3
    Jordan is called for a foul and Ryno hits both 117-113 Clippers

At 2:23 the Clippers score and on the inbounds play Harden is called for a ridiculous offensive foul and then a technical for complaining. It's 119-113 at this point.
    Lou misses the technical
    Rivers misses the 3, Harden misses a 3
    Lou makes a 3 122-113
    Harden called for another ridiculous offensive foul
    Rivers hits a 3 125-113
    So two possessions stolen here by the referees turn a 6 point game into a 12 point game.

There's one minute left. The game is over at this point.
    Harden drives and scores
    At 38 seconds left it is 125-115. The game is over, Harden fouls out on purposes and gets a technical on the way out.

Where is the meltdown?

The final 10 minutes saw Harden scores 11 points, misses one shot and dishes out a few assists. His only turnovers come from two ridiculous offensive foul calls. There were FOUR possessions stolen from the Rockets in the final 10 minutes of a 3 point game. Harden twice on offensive fouls, PJ Tucker on an offensive rebound where he is whacked and an side out call. The Rockets still managed to get the game within TWO POINTS until the offensive fouls.

JUST PLAY THROUGH IT

3. justtxyank

So much this. He played very well down the stretch.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I’m not hating, it’s just true

5. Progs

Progs Member

Haha

6. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is because he is hacked so viciously. . . that it looks like he wasn't trying to shoot

Rocket RIver

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry you guys are too much of a homer you can't even see what happens clearly. Harden has been brewing with non-calls all night. The lack of continuation was getting him annoyed and he had been arguing with the refs. In addition, Evans was getting away with harassing him.

Both of those offensive calls were legit calls. Harden pushed off both times - that's a foul! If you push off a defender you are going to get called. Just because the guy flops doesn't mean Harden wasn't guilty.

Those push offs were frustration - frustration with the refs and frustrations with Evans. Give evans credit. Give Harden credit for shooting the ball for sure. But my point is that his arguing with the refs all game - not just at the end but all game - didn't help him. He got frustrated with evans and pushed off and got caught.

Who's fault is that?

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hate it because
    People. . . . . bullshit trolls and haters. . . .will come in and shout
    WELL HARDEN HAD 8 TURNOVERs!!! THAT IS WHY WE LOST!!!

Didn't watch the game or were so biased they bleed maverick blue

They won't acknowledge if 3 were from bullshit calls
    or 3 were from bullshit NON CALLS

Rocket River

DonKnock and Patience like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and Tom BRady and Draymond Greens get some of the most favorable treatment in their leagues

Rocket River

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he showed no frustration . . .the HE DOESN'T CARE NARRATIVE would be carrying the day

Rocket River

DonKnock and Patience like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Those people mentioned. . . . . GET THE CALLS!!!
    Harden doesn't

Rocket River

DonKnock likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

All those could, theoretically, be called offensive calls correctly.

But what about all the defensive hacks he received, theoretically, could have been called correctly in his favor?

Dawg, it’s cool I get it. You wanna be “that guy” who “recognizes what’s wrong”.

The problem is your completely fuuucking wrong. That’s why there is an investigation from the league in regards to the officiating last night.

DonKnock and Beardaholic13 like this.
  15. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

They used to officiate Yao differently as well, simply because of his immense size. It's sad.

DonKnock and Rocket River like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. I am not any guy. I'm just the guy that can't stand when people whine about officiating. Game shouldn't have even been that close where calls would make a difference. MDA even said the team has to stop whining and playing a victim. It's only the fans that can't see past reality. Why don't you accuse MDA for being "fuuuucking wrong" or "that guy"???

Is there really an investigation?

17. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Unlike and go back to clipper land.
    This is rocket land

DonKnock likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

Yeah sure, it shouldn’t be that close. Right we are great, #1 seed. But we are decimated with injuries and the clippers had a HOT night shooting way above their normal efficiency.

It shouldn’t have been clos under typical circumstances. But with all the variables affecting the game it WAS close...

And the refs decided the game.

And YES, it is official that the league is investigating the game and the refereeing. Of course nothing will happen and they will be found to have “made mistakes” but nothing will change because they can’t hurt their image.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Its not about the calls...harden gets calls too. Its about the aftermath of a bad call or a couple of missed shots or wide open 3s being mssed by ariza, ryno, and whoever. When things like that happen they tend to make him "force things." Remember This is just my opinion.

Bad calls happen more then good calls ALL the time. The referees are absolute horseshit and have been for the last decade (in every sport).
    I love harden, hes my favorite player of all time and i met Hakeem 3 times, i have watched every minute of his rocket career, i have seen a negative thing avalanche many times before. i attributed that to focus in my last couple of posts because thats what i think is the reason...but i could be dead wrong.
    Still you cant change the fact, that a negative play does avalnche into alot of negative plays until a TO is called and to me that is a problem he HAS to fix. Its probably the only problem he has.

20. justtxyank

The victim mentality he is talking about (and he's right about) is the "whoa is me we are playing through injuries."

DonKnock likes this.