1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden criticizes officiating in Clippers game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Really glad harden spoke out. He was clearly frustrated throughout the game and increasingly so when he got ejected (I loved it btw) for stealing the ball.

I was honestly hoping for legit outrage tho in his presser. I would have been extra saucy in my post game but James is so even keeled.

Harden is powerful in the nba believe it or not and he is one of its biggest stars. Him speaking out like this should be noted.

adw, Deuce, BigShasta and 1 other person like this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The calls were so way off it should be criminal.. That little rookie midget mothafukka that flopped and should have been ejected in the first place... ugh

Pen15clubber, adw and DonKnock like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is right and wrong. Got to adjust to the new rules.

Either way, he is balling.

DD

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don't buy into conspiracy theories or blame the refs typically, but last night in the last 3 minutes, the refs gave the Clippers the game. The late technical a full game minute after Tuckers tantrum, the second one on coach with 2 minutes, the blatant and obvious switching of the foul to a guy who wasn't involved in the play and that guy goes on to make 3 enormous plays to close the game.

They will fine harden heavily for this, but it's the refs that should be fined. It's a damn good thing this game means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Absolute bs.

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Did that dude ever get fined for that BULshiet A$$ flop on Harden? Let’s not forget about him!

BigShasta likes this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The refs always try to manufacture a close game when it’s one of the ESPN or TNT games. This is what you can ALWAYS bank on.

The incident in the Memphis game of the ref knocking the ball out of play and rewarding it to Mem and then this game have been over and beyond normal tight game rigging though.

hakeem94, adw and cbs1507 like this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

New rules? Flopping is a new rule? Is switching fouls to keep guys in the game a new rule?

The way that ref called the charge was like he saw Harden sucker punch Evans. He is "wrong" to take it to the media which is against the rules of the business he is employed by. But he is right in his critique.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Because Maggette wasn't in the conversation of winning the MVP. No one cared.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When is the flop review going to come out?

How about the last 2 minutes review?

DonKnock likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Refs won’t change anything. Same mistakes will be made. Same calls will refuse to be called.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The "new rules" are "we aren't going to go by the rules for Harden."

What's worse is the referees aren't telling him "hey, that's the rule" they are lying and saying "We didn't see that."

DonKnock likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the new "rule" straight from silver is "watch out for harden's violations first before someone else's"

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I didn’t watch the game last night.

How bad was the officiating?

14. King901

King901 Member

Two costly possessions. A guy who fouled out continued to play because they didn’t review who fouled. It was bad bad but we shouldn’t have had the game that close anyway...

DonKnock likes this.
  15. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I understand it's not cheating the system, Harden is playing within the rules for sure. However, is this how basketball was supposed to played in the first place? I always thought go for the bucket first, and if it's a foul too, all good. I can definitely understand why other teams' fans hate Harden and of course we love it because we're winning. I'm not sure we could handle it if it was the other way around though.

Easy likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

defenders needing to stop him's only choice is to foul him

fouls are fouls

reaching in is reaching in

name any other player who is so great offensively and defender's only choice is to foul him?

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Harden attacks the rim, which is what you’re supposed to do since it is the best shot in he game.

He holds the ball low because players are taught to keep it high and defenders aren’t prepared for him to swing the ball under their hands.

When they see the ball low, they have to adjust split second and they end up swiping and hitting Harden’s hands because their trained instincts aren’t prepared for this.

MONON, Red Chocolate and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I don’t understand this myth that Harden drives to the basket only looking to get fouled. When the defense doesn’t reach in, Harden is an extremely good finisher around the rim. There have been several recent games where he has scored at the basket at will, almost like a layup line. Defenders have to pick their poison.

19. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

And the refs wonder why tensions with the players are getting worse

DonKnock likes this.
  20. rockpileindisma

Dumb post