1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Harden] Best player alive = Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mollamar, Aug 18, 2014.

1. chandlerbang21

Truth hurts or ignorance is bliss? Choose your mindframe :rolleyes:

2. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Notice he said he wants to learn from the best coaches, named a few but not Kevin Mchale?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nothing wrong with confidence, but he needs to play both ends before this is remotely close to true.

DD

4. zyt

zyt Member

I'm the best sf in the series -> I'm the best player alive

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

There is no basis for your belief that Harden "barely" made the all star team.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats because he understands his role on team usa

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Officially go to guy of team USA. HARDEN

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

How do people have a problem with this? If this wasn't posted here I bet 80 percent of you wouldn't have even known the interview took place. It's a non story and I'm glad he's confident yet willing to work for it.

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

That's Our James !

Off Season.....it's what's for lunch !

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I don't mind him saying that - at least, any more than I mind any other guy saying it. I do think that ever since the media decided you're "supposed" to say that guys say it just because they're "supposed to". I honestly doubt he believes it, and I'm fine with that too. Results are the only thing that matters, not talk. I don't doubt Harden's committment to results.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

WELL...

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I read it but you could interpret the "catch LBJ/KD" in terms of ring possessions and public perception, taking it literally as catching them in terms of ability doesn't fit into the first part where he said he was the best, maybe what he's trying to say is he considers himself the best but others don't. Either way I think he needs to own in the playoffs first before he considers himself the best, counting the meltdown with the Heat and the inability to close out OKC without WB this is the 3rd choke job he's had in the playoffs.

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

In the minds of the people here, what would Harden have to improve in order to be in that first tier with Lebron, Durant and Paul?

His defense, is obviously going to be a the primary answer. But, what else?

-Get his 3 pt % up near 40%?
    -Finish stronger instead of playing to get to the line?
    -Become a better playmaker?
    -Develop a go to move other than the step back jumper?
    -Win a scoring title?
    -Improve his rebounding?

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

If it were remotely true it would be confidence but it's more like delusions of grandeur the way he plays.

Dude needs to check himself when he does these interviews.

15. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

HOF's represent yourselves now!

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

He also did not mention MJ, Bird, Dr. J, Magic.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your crazy if you think any athlete in hardens position would say anything else. As rockets fans in actually shocked that ppl have a problem with this. Hmmm must not be real rockets fans??? That fact that we have our first player to get 1st team all nba since the dream and he finished 5th in MVP and he attracted star talent (Dwight) led us to 54 wins and hm court in the playoffs.... At 24.

Why wouldn't harden think he is the bat player in the game he beasts Kevin durant and Paul George in practices offensively and defensively. I don't think anyone should question this guys talent or potential.

Iv said it many times the only guys in the league doing what harden does better is LBJ and KD. That in itself is a major accomplishment for a guy who was coming off the bench 2 yrs ago.

This kid is special and I would be worried if he didn't view himself as the best player in the game. What's wrong with that??? The fact the we have a player getting asked these questions by an espn writer is huge. Once again pls tell
    Me the real problem???

18. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Haters going to hate. Real Rockets fans know the true value of Harden.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

This. People who hate harden would rather have kev Martin and jlin as the best players and have the rockets be stuck in mediocrity

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I was about to say -- some people really do deserve that squad with KMart as the best player.