1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Harden] Best player alive = Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mollamar, Aug 18, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nah, he slipped..KD doesn't have a ring.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Harden trying real hard to be part of the modern Lebron/Kobe breed of superstar - ie, me before team.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe some of the comments were taken out of context, and I know Harden isn't exactly media savvy, but I honestly don't see a difference between what CP said in the playoffs, Mario Chalmers saying he's one of the best pg, DRose saying he's the best player in the league and now Harden saying he's the best player in the league.

Harden didn't say he's behind LBJ/KD, he said he's the best player in the league but he still hasn't reached his potential and he still has a long way to go. I agree with the OP, it's nice to see him have swagger but at the same time I don't really like players saying they're the best when they're clearly not. DRose actually won an MVP but it pissed me off when he said he was the best, and the same thing's true right now. Obv. you want players to have a lot of confidence but at the same time saying you're already the best means you've reached your goal, you don't have to work as hard anymore because you're not chasing everyone, everyone's chasing you.

I dunno, maybe if he tore the playoffs up I wouldn't care what he said but he got his ass handed to him by some no-name defender in Portland, his attitude is the same as CP when he got owned by Batum after he said he's the best sf in the series.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

^^^He did say he's still trying to catch up to kobe, LeBron and KD, at the end of the interview.

5. chandlerbang21

Harden barely made all star team last season. Time to shut up

6. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I actually love him saying this. Love the swagger. Love the confidence. Love the acknowledgment that he still needs to work.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dude started in the allstar game. Not somone that barely made it. It doesn't work that way. Dnt be mad because your boy chandler is the real overrated fat boy.

8. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

That Is a ridiculous statement...Harden was the obvious choice to start at 2 guard whether or not you rule out fan voting...to say this dude barely made the all star team (in addition he was 1st team all NBA) is preposterous. Harden has his flaws and he knows that, but let's not take away his positives just to boast his negatives

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I take it you didn't actually read the interview.

10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

thanks for saving me the time! I owe you one.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Cocky but love it

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

damn what a waste we could have had the best SG, the best C, and the best SF all on one team!

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I still cannot get over the fact that Harden just screams settling for being a great offensive player and nothing more ala Tracy McGrady. I just hope he proves me wrong, because two playoff series and not even his offense has been up to par in either one, let alone his defense. If he can just give some energy on defense and stop wasting it on driving just to get the foul called, we will be solid. It's not only not called in the playoffs, it's energy consuming and risking injury too. I think there is nothing wrong with his answers and I want to believe him, so get us that championship mayne ;)

15. anchel

anchel Member

I watched the game the other day against Brazil. He showed an improved effort at 1on1 D and did a good job, but having in mind that he's defending FIBA players and not NBA players. He showed the same body language off the ball... Btw, I didn't see Derrick Rose being the same Rose. Don't believe everything you read, and don't expect miracles.

16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

On my fourth hand I think what he says is what most every basketball player with his age and skills are already thinking and there isn't a problem with that.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I have a feeling when Wesley Mathews see's those quotes he'll probably start giggling to himself LOL. Harden's a hell of an "offensive player", but I think he knows now he's going to have to start playing a little bit of defense ect,. to eventually become a complete player.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why are there 4 pages on a non-interview by someone who actually calls himself Scoop? 'Scoop' asks cookie-cutter interview questions fishing for a cookie-cutter answer. And Harden obliges. It seems like everyone in the NBA is trained to say they think they're the best (probably on the notion that you have to believe in yourself first, as if saying things will change the reality), and also trained to say they have a lot of improvement still to go. It's funny to see the two stock answers in stark juxtaposition like that, but really Harden could have a computer do these interviews for him. Does he have swagger? No, his answer is BS posturing. Is he going to get a lot better? No -- I'm sure he's trying, and I'm sure he'll get incrementally better with experience and then incrementally worse with age -- he's just saying what he's supposed to say.

19. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Completely agree. Also, on offense, he's got to develop more of an off the ball game too. But mostly D.

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm going to be looking for this next season.