1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Harden] Best player alive = Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mollamar, Aug 18, 2014.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

First Team All-NBA

2. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Interviewer: What's your name?

James Harden: James Harden

Tabloids: James Harden thinks he's the only name in the room. Look out Rockets team, watch out for the ego.

3. Nook

Nook Member

What about his teammates? He didn't say they are the best. Are they offended? Shows he has no leadership. Why he no humble like Lin? Why he doing interview when he should be practicing passing.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Sounds like James Harden is learning well...from Scottie Pippen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/24KTBp8qQIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why isn't Harden quoting scriptures? Why is he not Raymond Felton?

6. langal

langal Contributing Member

sounds like a very confident player who knows he still has a lot of work to do. exactly what i would hope from him.

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Honestly it seems like he was probably joking. Why else would he be all serious when he says he has alot of work to do to catch up to Kobe, Lebron, Durant

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I like his attitude. It also seems he is fit and working on his game when he has time during this off season so it isn't like he is just running his mouth.

Time will tell but Rockets fans should be thrilled to have a guy who is confident but still aware of the flaws in his game and is working to address them.

9. Artestsuckskobe

He no humble like Lin because Lin no good half the time, harden very good. Libs turnovers killed us. Harden knows he can score any play, I hoop, not bad but when I'm in the zone I'm in the zone! Hardens in his zone damn near any game. He's a good leader by example kinda like a Kobe leadership.. 6 assists as a shooting guard, any team will take! His alleys to Dwight early were atrocious definitely got better as the year went on. The dudes in his zone, you are unstoppable in the zone... Big year coming for him!

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I am disappoint.

We need our superstars to be humble and think they're the worst players in the league.

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

so much of this game is mental.

i like his answers.

12. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Michael Jordan, Muhammed Ali, and Mike Tyson in their heyday all claimed that they were the "best"...and they were! People always say that Lebron is the "best in the world" however have you ever heard Lebron himself say that? KD would never call himself the best, even though he is pretty close.

Harden just needs to get his team to the second round of the playoffs. Maybe he'll be the "best in the world" if he wins us a championship this year!

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey Magic Johnson has said he could see Harden becoming the MVP.

I doubt t but not that far fetched.

14. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

That question is really dumb. He is competing with the best players in the NBA and he is supposed to bow to them. No thank you.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love that.

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

A few years ago Mario Chalmers (I think it was) said that he was one of the best (if not THE best) point guard in the NBA...and was considered an idiot for having said it. There is a fine line which exists between self confidence and moron-hood. And as a player talking to the media you have to know where that line is.

17. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

should have asked him who the best defensive player is

18. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

If defensive master mind Steve Nash can become an MVP, Harden at 24 has the opportunity to be one if he continues to grow and improve. Why not???

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

While I'm glad he's got confidence and is wanting to get better, I'm not looking forward to the inevitable media circle jerk over these quotes and the ensuing Harden hate he will receive from it.

20. Man

Man Contributing Member

Missed the other contextual comments.

"Scoop: Best time of your life right now?

Harden: Yeah. Definitely. I'm enjoying this. Still trying to catch guys like LeBron, KD and Kobe. You know, just trying to catch those guys. That's something I get to look forward to every single day to motivate me.

Scoop: That's your motivation? Still those guys? Because you know you can still serve them on the court every now and then.

Harden: Listen [long pause], until I get rings I can't say anything."