1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden as PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 17, 2012.

1. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

When Harden came off the bench in OKC he was about the same minutes as Lin is as a starter. Let that sink in for a sec.

2. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Why can't we edit? damn it

3. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

You mean Rockets is not a good system for Harden to excel as PG?

4. FearTheBeardJH

They weren't even close. Check TS% bro.

5. jjin15

jjin15 Member

How would the lineup look with Harden at PG

Asik
    Ppat
    Chandler Parsons
    Daequan Cook ( Spot up shooter)
    James Harden

Greg Smith
    Marcus Morris
    Carlos Delfino
    Toney Douglas
    Jeremy Lin

Sounds good to me.:p

6. M4-Nightvision

the rockets coaching staff is trying to invent new wheels by playing a pg as a spot up shooting guard and making a sg into a pg. Even with TD on the court. bizzarrr..

7. M4-Nightvision

gonna hinder Lin pg growth if the rockts coaching staff continued to do that. I think the rockets coaching staff doesn't have much confidence in Lin .

now I know why kyle lowry and dragic wanted out of here.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

No you don't.

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lin will have to learn to co-exist with Harden because guess what, Harden is going to play ~35 minutes a night.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

There's only one problem with that, Marcus Morris may be a beast in college but this is the NBA. Morris has struggled for the past few games and his shots are really off. The only other player on the team besides Harden who I trust to handle and shoot the ball is Chandler Parsons.

Even though Parsons isn't the most consistent shooter, he is able to find different ways to score. Greg Smith has been doing a great job lately in being able to catch the ball and finish around the rim. Asik is great so far but what's frustrating about him sometimes is that he does have a hard time catching the ball.

But overall, this team is still young and everyone is still trying to find their niche. I think Lin will continue to struggle this year though he may improve a little as the season goes on, but I believe that Lin will start to play really well next season.

I think that the only reason why Lin is struggling so much this season is that he wasn't prepared when teams are scouting him. I believe that Lin thought he would be able to go into this season and continuing to play the same way he did in NY but he didn't expect teams to catch up on him. So after this season and during the off-season, I believe and hope that Lin doesn't take a vacation and instead, work incredibly hard on his game, improve his jump shot, and overall work on his weaknesses. Hopefully from this season, Lin can learn to counter defenses and be a threat along with Harden night in and night out.

Lin is a smart kid and a hard working one. But I think last year kind of got to his head a little bit and got him to believe that he can just play the same way he did and succeed. But I really hope he can improve his shooting and protecting the ball especially so he can finally prove that he's worth his contract and that the Knicks made the mistake in letting him go.

11. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

Harden as a PG
    Lin as a SG
    Delfino as a PG
    Asik as a mascot
    PPat as the flower girl

no issues so far..

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

This doesn't make much sense in my opinion. He was aggressively scouted in NY ask the Miami Heat. I think Lin is smart enough to know that he would be even more scouted this season also & worked on his game. He doesn't strike me as a dumba*s. And if he is an idiot I like to think the coaching staff would have been smart enough to tell him in the off season "hey Jeremy you are going to scouted this season". Just a few thoughts.

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Daequan Cook is complete garbage and I hope I never see him on the court for the Rockets again.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Him & Cole Aldrich as well.

15. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

funny!

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Reinventing the wheel? Let me introduce you to some people. They all have some jewelry in common.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]