1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden as PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 17, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

2. mil

mil Member

Oh ! you mean the coach who knows when to sit his best rebounder ,Asik ,during the last minutes of play in the Miami game.The same coach that knows that Lin is a GREAT 3 points shooter?

3. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

It's sad to see lots of "veteran poster" here are Lin haters.

Lin played his heart out on the court for your beloved Rockets and still couldn't get any support from you guys. smh

4. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Harden has good play-making ability. He can play PG if we have someone on the team that can score better than him. Otherwise we need him to score, let someone else make plays for him.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Harden running PG on 2k13 works out great! why wouldnt it be the same result in real life?

6. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Harden's playmaking is overrated. He dribbles 10 seconds of the clock before he makes up his mind to pass the ball or make a move. Let the pg play pg and he can do his thing when time winds down. Playmaking is much easier after a few passes to get defense out of position.

7. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

8. Lihao

Lihao Member

too bad our coaching staff don't agree with it

9. mirus

mirus Member

If 2k13 = real life i would like to do it to a couple players;)

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Don't think we have good enough players to receive his passes. This team not ready for Harden to go PG.

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

But...but...but... it's his mentality, not his ability. He is "able" to do it, it's whether he feels like doing it!

Lin said Harden is not a selfish player and I believe that. Harden just has to trust his teammates more.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Yeah it will work if Harden was able to throw the ball to the rim and then teleport to alley -op for the dunk! We need to clone more Harden. Any biotech guys here?

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm not a Lin hater, I want the guy to be the very best point guard in the league. I would be satisfied with him just being a good point guard, but at this point he is a liability on offense. We all know it.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

15. awarde2

awarde2 Member

You are a hater. He hasn't been allowed to play PG. How is a liability on offense, because he is not a spot up shooter. Let me hip you to something, Lin has never been a good spot up shooter. As a matter of fact the only good spot up shooter that you could count on Rockets was K-Mart. The rest of players on the Rockets are a hit and miss when it comes to spot up shooting. BTW, I know Lin, he will get better. The problem that the Rockets have is a coaching problem.Also Lin has become a solid defender, so you have a mute point if you are going to look at one side of Lin's game.smh

16. Rhod

Rhod Member

Great post! love the technical analysis, very educational, please post more.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You don't get to make that decission. I'm not a hater. Just because you want all things Lin first and Rockets somewhere else down the line does not mean everyone is that way. I want Rockets success period. If Lin can not perform the job he is assigned on offense then he is a liability. Period. I would love for Lin to be successful but I'm not going to talk about how great he is until he actually starts playing great. To bad if that offends you.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

The job he was brought here for was to run the offense which he has been doing admirably over the last two games. I agree he needs to get his FG% up but I am not to worried yet. They will start to fall eventually.

19. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Sorry many fans looking for scapegoats...

This team is the youngest in the league, playing against a seasoned team with arguably at least 3 hall-of-famers (maybe four). The team held their own.

So bash Harden cuz he's expected to carry the scoring load.

So bash Lin when he's expected to look for teammates on the floor, dishing out the equivalent of 15 to 20 points a game while making some other players look pretty good, while only shooting 8 or 10 shots a game in a shooting slump.

So take out these two guys, what do you got in a year that saw management clean house?

20. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

The Rockets do not have a backup point guard. TD is an undersized shooting guard who can't shoot straight. Harden is a shooting guard who can throw nice passes at times but is not really someone to run your offense. The primary purpose of a point guard is to run the offense and find the open man. Your point guard should not be your primary scorer.