1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden And The Top Scorers In The League Assisted and Unassisted FGs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Jun 26, 2016.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

by adding harden to the rockets, he made a bottom 3 out of 30 team into a western playoff team.. doubt anyone outside lebron can do better

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...yes, you have confirmed that you believe James Harden was responsible for 6 or 7 professional basketball players having the worst years of their career. Interesting theory.

Must be nice to be a role player on the Rockets. Not only do you get paid millions of dollars to play basketball poorly and not perform your role, but you can turn around and blame James Harden and chemistry and whatnot for it.

Corey Brewer must be living the dream.

3. vlaurelio

and contending teams must be lining up to give d12 the supermax he deserves because cancer harden was holding him back

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How can Harden average 7.5 assists for the season and be bad for chemistry? Safe to say he would have averaged 10+ assists for the season if he had competent teammates. Its like watching Lebron before he got some help.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're forgetting the fact that Harden needed to use his leadership skills to force wide open 3's to go into the basket or something like that.

1 person likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Maybe Harden was supposed to hug his guys after every made shot AND miss to boost them all the way up or something like that?

1 person likes this.
  7. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This is nonsense.... And the most overstated casual talking point.

You can put your teammates in good position... You can't change their skillset... You can give your teammates a wide open shot... You can't make them make it.

It's a lot easier to "make your teammates better" when you have good teammates.... Like when you play with multiple all-stars and multiple HOFamers.

Exactly.

8. vlaurelio

LOL just like how steph currys tough competitiveness turned useless kerr, walton, thompson, green, igoudala, bogut, barnes, livingston, barbosa,speighs,ezeli into COYs, all stars, all nba teams, and a historic 73-9 team only losing to cavs by 1 game for the ring

without curry warriors won't even make the playoffs because they're that bad amirite?

#208 vlaurelio, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

More on the GOAT MJ...
    Jordan was drafted in 1984....
    Didn't win his first ship till 1991....

During that span... Jordan played 5 seasons without Pippen. Out of those 5 seasons, he posted 5 losing records, missed the playoffs twice, and was 1-9 in the playoffs. Think about it: Jordan NEVER had a WINNING record apart from Pippen.

So I guess Jordan just wasn't making his teammates better until the moment he happened to have Pippen on the squad....hmmm... You know until the moment he got a significantly better team and supporting cast... Was he making them better or were they just ya know... Better. :rolleyes:

10. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Harden is a Batman with no Robin... Like dude doesn't even have an Alfred. :(

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Even Kenny the Jet Smith said almost the exact thing. I guess he doesn't know what the hell he was talking about.

12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Yeah sure Dream did "make him better"... He created opportunities... He gave him wide open shots and guess what? He made a good percentage of em...

But I see.... Harden's positive attitude and fire was supposed to unleash Brewer's inner greatness and remind him how to play competent basketball.... LOL

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dude, you are back paddling fast. First, you said Melo was not a superstar because he's a one-dimensional scorer. That statement clearly showed that you had not been watching Melo play. After that, you just repeated your assertion without any evidence.

And you claim that he's not a superstar because he could not lead an Eastern team to the playoffs. And when I called you out for ignoring his seven playoffs seasons in the Western Conference, you quickly say that it wasn't much of an achievement.

Now what has your boy Harden achieved as a "superstar" with the Rockets that Melo has not done in Denver as a "just an all-star"?

I can't believe I am defending Melo, who is one of my most hated active players.

14. vlaurelio

just curious how does denver's players and coaching staff without melo compare to last year's rockets's players and coaching staff without harden?

I looked it up myself. for every single year with the nuggets, the most they reached was losing in the first round

but they did make it to the WCFs in 2009. guess how many super stars, all stars and hof'ers he played with?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DEN/2009.html

is it really that much harder for you to defend Harden than Melo???

#214 vlaurelio, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  15. vlaurelio

Hey genius who in last years teams was our kenny the jet smith. And who else are equivalent to hakeems teammates?

16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Wrong... Been watching ball heavily since 01.. You addressed nothing.... I'll say it again... How does Melo score most of his points?

Is that what I claimed? No... That was another knock on him, but I specifically said he's not a superstar cuz he was only elite in one facet... Scoring.

And then I said what makes him a superstar to you? Doesn't simply making the playoffs do it?

17. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

^ Was he ever a top 5 player to you? When?

All-stars to me are elite at one facet...
    Superstars are elite in at least two or multiple.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It did when they made it to the WCF. Harden's fire was the driving force then. Last season that wasn't the case.

19. vlaurelio

harden's fire last season single handedly carried a bottom 3 roster and coaching staff to a western playoff contender

unless you disagree with me that if harden sat last season the rockets isnt a bottom 3 team

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"Harden"
    "Fire"

I am having trouble visualizing these things together.

Whatever that looks like, let's hope we see it this season. That, and a competent coaching staff that stokes the fire, might make free agents look twice at Houston.