1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden #8 on #NBArank

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Sep 15, 2017.

1. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Crap list. Harden is no lower Than a top 3 player.

DonKnock and Killatron 2000 like this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Lol and AD was #2 that year?

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shots fired.....after a succesful season, next season he will be placed at 4 or 5....and then drop to 7 or 8 again.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

So predictable. I did just that in the dish predicting a bad ranking for harden.

@heypartner also absolutely nailed the Davis circle jerk before it happened lol

DonKnock and Killatron 2000 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They think that CP3 will take the leadership reins this year, they might be right.

I hope Giannis can become Smoove, Tmac, Harden probably a litte from Ray Ray Allen (shooting) hybrid. Ceiling is the roof!

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This whole exercise is lame, even by the lame standards that we've come to expect - it's like voting on the Heisman Trophy from last year, and then combining it with who you think will win this year, throwing in a dash of popularity, and doing it in the middle of July.

Who really gives a ****? Even by the lax standards of subjective metrics like "MVP" - this is kind of a joke.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden was, by any objective measure, no worse than the 3rd best player in the NBA last season.

ESPN just doesn't like him. It's the primary reason he'll never win MVP. Simply not being liked enough.

Shoutout @Os Trigonum

8. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Who above him would u trade straight up for? Maybe Westbrook. A big maybe. That's why the list is bogus.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We still both had Harden higher than Davis. I mean, Davis couldn't even make DMo better ;)

Not getting the CP3 ranking. That must be ESPN preparing for constant round tables about them "jibing" or not (that's a sailing term. Lulz... must be a popular Clippers headline word they looked up) and making fans pick a siide, with themselves blaming Harden for all losses. And they can't wait for the first vid of Paul getting frustrated with something. And neither can this bbs

All while Paul and Harden actually enjoy playing with each other more than any other teammates they've ever had, most likely

Maybe Melo will save us and all blame with fall on him :rolleyes:

jordnnnn, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  10. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Harden was able to take the same players that AD had trouble making the playoffs with, and get the third best record in the league!

I just don't understand how you can have the season Harden did and not even move up one spot!

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah, the interesting thing to me is how Fertitta does or what he doesn't do.

The future and Morey's future depends on it. You have to have the bigger picture in sight and not just the Harden CP title window.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

les was clearly frontrunning, working to unload the team before this bombshell news hit the tape

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe it wasn't as easy to own a team as hobby as it sounded......maybe many reporters and people have vexed him during the years.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in retrospect, i think we'll all eventually come to appreciate that laugh of his as none other than his own disheartened defense mechanism against the tyranny of imbecility

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think you could make a case Lebron, Durant, Curry ,Leonard and maybe Westbrook were better, but having AD and CP3 in front of him is a stretch.

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

For what it's worth, ranking the top 10 players is an incredibly difficult thing to do. At that level, all of the players are so good that it can get to the point of just splitting hairs.

Realistically you could have either of Lebron or KD as 1 and 2 and any of Harden, Westbrook, Curry and Leonard as 3-6. IMO all of those guys are so good and so close to each other that, while I would probably put Harden 4th on my list, I can understand how other people would have those in different orders.

Chris Paul, while amazing and while I'm so glad he is on our team, has lost just a bit from what he was. 7 seems like a perfect place for him.

Davis... I don't get it. Yes he is talented. Yes he has skills. Yes I would love to have him on our team to pair with Harden and Paul, even more than Melo.

But #6? When people always give other star players without team success like Melo and Cousins so much crap? I don't get it

BigMaloe and heypartner like this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

When they put Irving at 25 you knew their list was trash.

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

ESPN is such a troll, placing CP3 just over Harden.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the butthurt is strong with this one

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

such disrespect to Curry