1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hard Knocks: Bengals 2013

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by CoolGuy, Aug 6, 2013.

1. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

James Harrison being a punk to the camera crew was funny. He's kind of a prick to staff but that's his persona I guess.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You guess ...:rolleyes:

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I heard their defense is not too bad, either...two consecutive years in the top 10.

As weird as this sounds, Lewis has actually only had 3 losing seasons as a head coach, while this is probably the most competitive the Bengals have been from year to year in their history. In 2013, The Bengals actually have a shot at making the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons in a row for the first time in franchise history.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why isn't this on HBO Go?

5. Indaface

Indaface Member

Because it's not an HBO show it's an NFL Films production...sucks :(

6. ln3012

ln3012 Member

1 person likes this.
  7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seeing how Hugh Jackson behaves as a RB coach for the Bengals (man, that dude has really fallen...not even a coordinator any more) makes me wonder how anyone thought he would be a good head coach. The guy wanders about BSing with the players, causing distraction with the defensive unit and just kind of seems like a douche in general. What did anyone see in him at Oakland? I guess you could call him a players' coach because he kind of acts like a player on the field...but that's the worst kind of players coach. A real players' coach is a guy like Tony Dungy who guys love not because he acts like them and goofs off, but because he is fair, somewhat understanding and holds people accountable.

8. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I have an even more astonishing observation.... the hotel the Bengals stayed at during training camp doesn't have FLAT SCREEN TVs???????????? I think its around 20 minutes into the program, the coordinator guy is going to each room to make sure the players found where they were suppose to go... player is sitting on bed watching a 27 inch TUBE tv. lol

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love when he came in on the one guy who was watching drag racing of all things. That's the sort of stuff that makes me really love Hard Knocks.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Look forward to this show every year. It's always so well done.

Pretty good 1st episode.

Agree about Hugh Jackson. Not sure if he was just playing it up for the cameras, but he doesn't seem to take his job very seriously.

And yes, that DT who broke his leg was pretty hard to watch. Dude was undrafted and having a pretty good camp for his hometown team. It was a pretty good reminder that not all NFL players are rich spoiled prima donnas. For many of them, just falling down the wrong way could be the difference between making hundreds of thousands of dollars and minimum wage.

11. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

lol thats the scene im referring to... TUBE style TV. WTF kind of hotel is this. My local LaQuinta has flat screens and charges $39 a night.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Lane Kiffin ring a bell?

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229364/article/bengals-james-harrison-unloads-on-hard-knocks

The premiere of this season's "Hard Knocks" was a reminder of the show's range and power, but no one stood out quite like Cincinnati Bengals linebacker James Harrison. It was awesome to get a peek behind the curtain at one of the league's surliest players.

I wouldn't complain at all if the entire show was built around Harrison, precisely because he seems to genuinely hate being on television so much.

"I don't feel they deserve to be here," Harrison told Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer. "They did nothing to be here, other than want to be here. They didn't put no blood, sweat and tears into none of this. All these men in here, they did that. They (the cameras) did nothing. No one deserves to see this, to come inside of this unless you're a part of this. That's why."

Harrison is wrong on this point. NFL Films founder Ed Sabol, his son Steve and countless others put in the work for decades to help promote the sport to where it is today. But Harrison's reluctance to embrace the show is partly why he's such a compelling figure. At one point during last week's episode, Harrison jumped in an unsuspecting car to avoid the cameras. Harrison isn't sure if the driver even knew who he was.

"It's kind of like this: Everybody knows I'm getting into the car with him. There's a bunch of cameras watching me get in the car. It wouldn't be too smart," Harrison said. "They've got his license plate and everything else. And plus, I think I can kind of handle myself. He's driving and I'm behind him, so I think I'd be all right."

It's unclear what that all means, but I read it as a warning to Cincinnati motorists this month: Be ready.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Harrison just needs to retire already. For someone that clearly hates all the things that come along with being an NFL player, I don't understand why he continues to do it. Though, he's probably broke and needs to paychecks to keep coming after all of the stupid fines he's accumulated throughout his career.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Harrison is a moron. Can't stand the guy. I don't know if he's trying to, but he's like Bill Romanowski, but worse.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

didn't realize Liev Schreiber was the narrator, it doesn't quite sound like him but maybe he modulates his voice to do the narration

17. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

wow, did not realize that

18. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Anybody got an idea where to watch episode 2?

19. 713

713 Member

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

And Paul Rudd did the narration in 2007 for the Chiefs.

Neither sounds the way you're used to hearing them, though you can kind of tell it's Rudd if you listen for it. It's hard with Liev.